Morrissey Central "X FACTOR ITALIA" (October 23, 2021)

X FACTOR ITALIA

Roughly:

X Factor, Erio reinterprets the Smiths: his execution moves Manuel Agnelli
Erio continues to amaze with his performances. He did so last night, during the X Factor 2021 Home Visits (on Sky and NOW, always available on demand), where he brought his reinterpretation of a great classic by The Smiths such as “Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want ”by making everyone move. Manuel Agnelli, team judge, and actor Marco Giallini, his guest yesterday, agreed: Erio deserves to be among the 3 who access the Live Shows starting next week, Thursday 28 October on Sky and NOW.

Brief clip found:

Regards,
FWD.

Every contestant isn't a Kid's A Looker type.
I don't watch it so I'll have to take your dubious word for that.

In any event, can you maybe take a pic of the lyrics from Smash Hits, post it here, and refer us specifically to the bits which sum up Steven's nuanced analysis of X Factor contestants - the caveats to his generalised characterisation of them as "dense" etc.

Remember, it's all in the press cuttings - if you look hard enough.

Night night.

I don't watch it so I'll have to take your dubious word for that.

In any event, can you maybe take a pic of the lyrics from Smash Hits, post it here, and refer us specifically to the bits which sum up Steven's nuanced analysis of X Factor contestants - the caveats to his generalised characterisation of them as "dense" etc.

Remember, it's all in the press cuttings - if you look hard enough.

Night night.

Song lyrics aren't press cuttings.

Aye, it's obvious you don't bother watching things you've formed opinions about. Or listening.

It's written from the pov of a shitty manager - the poor kid kills himself & the industry doesn't care, it lines up another victim.

He can't dance or sing
He can't do anything
But what the hell?
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
And there you are,
another nonsense non-star

There's no pretense
This kid is dense
But what the hell?
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
And the crass consumers line up
Shoulder to shoulder

Sometime
Through the night
The kid took his life
So very sad
However do not call this number again
We're busy molding the face
Of the kid's replacement

Aye, it's obvious you don't bother watching things you've formed opinions about. Or listening.

It's written from the pov of a shitty manager - the poor kid kills himself & the industry doesn't care, it lines up another victim.

He can't dance or sing
He can't do anything
But what the hell?
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
And there you are,

There's no pretense
This kid is dense
But what the hell?
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
Shoulder to shoulder

Sometime
Through the night
The kid took his life
So very sad
Of the kid's replacement

I think it's pretty obvious that the first two verses of that song could easily have been written by Steven singing in the first person. That it's written from the perspective of a "shitty manager" doesn't preclude the possibility that it might equally and identically depict the "pov" of a shitty singer - just by complete coincidence, obvs. If you've missed the fact that Steven's a singularly misanthropic individual - particularly where (what he thinks of as) his intellectual inferiors are concerned - I'm really not sure which press cuttings you've been reading all this time.

And remember: suicide is actually brave and admirable.

Steven likes the people he hates, if they sing his songs. He's principled like that. He's also a c_nt.

I think it's pretty obvious that the first two verses of that song could easily have been written by Steven singing in the first person. That it's written from the perspective of a "shitty manager" doesn't preclude the possibility that it might equally and identically depict the "pov" of a shitty singer - just by complete coincidence, obvs. If you've missed the fact that Steven's a singularly misanthropic individual - particularly where (what he thinks of as) his intellectual inferiors are concerned - I'm really not sure which press cuttings you've been reading all this time.

And remember: suicide is actually brave and admirable.

Steven likes the people he hates, if they sing his songs. He's principled like that. He's also a c_nt.

He has not said or written anything that hates on all contestants who enter talent shows. He hasn't blamed all artists for the problems in their part of the industry.

You can spend your time hating him if you like, there's no need to give it a crap rationalisation.

He has not said or written anything that hates on all contestants who enter talent shows. He hasn't blamed all artists for the problems in their part of the industry.

You can spend your time hating him if you like, there's no need to give it a crap rationalisation.
Come now, Karen. It's really undignified to see anyone pretend to be quite this stupid just so they can slavishly defend their favourite singer and, more importantly, quell their cognitive dissonance. You're not an actual adolescent fan-girl anymore; you're a proper, grown-up who "Works in The Arts" and we want to respect you.

Let's go back to the beginning: Steven hates The X Factor, and The X Factor couldn't exist but for its contestants. Prostrate yourself some more, if you really must, and explain to everyone how it's logically consistent for Steven to like the people who make The X Factor - which he hates, remember - possible.

I must add for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not "hating on" Steven or X Factor contestants because they're all gay. Some of them probably aren't.

Come now, Karen. It's really undignified to see anyone pretend to be quite this stupid just so they can slavishly defend their favourite singer and, more importantly, quell their cognitive dissonance. You're not an actual adolescent fan-girl anymore; you're a proper, grown-up who "Works in The Arts" and we want to respect you.

Let's go back to the beginning: Steven hates The X Factor, and The X Factor couldn't exist but for its contestants. Prostrate yourself some more, if you really must, and explain to everyone how it's logically consistent for Steven to like the people who make The X Factor - which he hates, remember - possible.

I must add for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not "hating on" Steven or X Factor contestants because they're all gay. Some of them probably aren't.

I don't have to defend him over a tv show.

I was just pointing out that you're wrong. Because you're wrong.

I don't have to defend him over a tv show.

I was just pointing out that you're wrong. Because you're wrong.
Well-reasoned argument. Can I see your working-out?

You don't have to defend him over anything, Karen. You're not his mother.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here be persuaded by anything you've ever wasted your time "researching" and writing about (which suggests that you're not actually that good at being counsel for the defence). It it that you feel that it's a poor reflection on you that your favouritest singer's a reputed c_ck? Maybe the solution is just accepting that it's okay to like him even if he's a bit of a nob. If nothing else, it'd give you the freedom to give over your life to something - anything - worthwhile.

Anyway, bobos now. Don't stay up too late.

Well-reasoned argument. Can I see your working-out?

You don't have to defend him over anything, Karen. You're not his mother.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here be persuaded by anything you've ever wasted your time "researching" and writing about (which suggests that you're not actually that good at being counsel for the defence). It it that you feel that it's a poor reflection on you that your favouritest singer's a reputed c_ck? Maybe the solution is just accepting that it's okay to like him even if he's a bit of a nob. If nothing else, it'd give you the freedom to give over your life to something - anything - worthwhile.

Anyway, bobos now. Don't stay up too late.

You saw it - it's why you started insulting me because your argument is shit.

Since you're one of the saddos that haunt this site because you're engaged in a status war with Morrissey that you've already lost because you're on a Morrissey forum, I will never post anything that you want (or psychologically need) to read.

Which I couldn't care less about.

This clip is incredible...very special...what a beautiful, fragile vocal that perfectly exhibits the profound sadness of the lyrics and instrumental and vocal melodies.

BB
Aberdeen
Alba

All Hallows Eve approaching...encroaching...portal to Otherworlds will soon be opening...

4yrs ago:

Full clip:

Regards,
FWD.

He can't dance or sing
He can't do anything
But what the hell?
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
And there you are,

There's no pretense
This kid is dense
But what the hell?
The kid's a looker
Just add cash and stir
Shoulder to shoulder

Sometime
Through the night
The kid took his life
So very sad
Of the kid's replacement
Reading the comments I wondered when 'Kid's A Looker' would get a look in.

Has that dreadful song ever been officially released? It got a right monstering here as a demo & rightly so. Claiming it's a storyline about Tin Pan Alley is a bit rich as a 'get out of jail' subtext. It's an absolutely malicious, bitter, twisted rant.

Of course, Steven sent unsolicited demos which were ignored till himself and John Maher whored their arse'n'all around London Town, lying about the influences that formed the music, passing off plagiarism as innovation in lyrics, appropriating LGBTQI culture without explicit allyship, posing as Last Gang In Town , a 'band of brothers' when The Others, the lawnmower parts, were hired hands on dodgy contracts which came back to bite their Boss Class singer & guitarist's ass, destroying their credibility in perpetuity, their dubious business ethics exposed for all to ponder and try to reconcile with their sly, sleveen careerist politicking for profit, using the Miner's Strike as an expedient virtue-signaling prop whilst one of them trots off to dodge UK tax in Dublin.

The Smiths? A crock of shit from a 2021 political perspective. A talented collective run by two chancers who tried to pull the wool over our eyes, blaming Rough Trade as an excuse to 'de-radicalise' as they covertly eyed the big money via Big Music label lottery win £££ prize. Lies. But order has been restored to the Metaverse. Rick, take a bow...and there's his dismissive comments about 'Stars In Their Eyes' to consider, your honour...

Last edited:
So, just so we're clear, Morrissey openly despises this type of TV show unless the contestants are singing his songs? What a c***.
I think you miss the point! For the past several years Morrissey has been pointing out his music and that of the Smiths in popular culture. It's not about the X-Factor. It's the fact that Morrissey and The Smiths still exist in this world. What a great tribute by the person.

Please No27,why do you come here. So quick to judge and look for every misstep....you are more like the man you despise than you even know!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom