you must read this

N

noam

although it seems i`ve posted this for spite, i have something to say.
it bothers me to read useless boring posts (and i`m not reffering to "do you like the cure" posts)
it bothers me to see those posts replied by someone who cant control his language and thus provokes a perpetual thread, when those of us with childish curiosity (such as myself) are tempted to read and see if there has been any intellectual progress - and find themselves dissapointed.
and whenever someone says: "just dont read" - well, thats absurd!
how can i foresee what is to be written (i give the writer a credit for the ability to change).
it bothers me to see people swear, and also with such primitive expressions! upgrade!
it bothers me that those same people use witticisms once in while, to make me just the more frustrated that they are not doing it more often.
(such a bothered person i am!)
it bothers me when people as witty as mr. so&so post messages that are allegedly harmless, but so&so is wise enough to know that many of his posts or merely provocative (and he, not i, knows whom it will provoke).as for me, i am indifferent for the content of his posts.
it also botheres me to see how i can guess who`s british and whose american by the kind of language used, when americans use the poorest vocabulary..(i am neither..ebglish is a foreign language for me)
and last and not least..it is only logical to think that every post here is posted by a smiths/moz fan.
sometimes its hard to believe we`re all on the same boat.
nuff said...

Having read, he said ...

> sometimes its hard to believe we`re all on the same boat.¿ nuff said...

Same boat, heck,we're not even cruising the same ocean.

I'm here because of a deep hunger to know about all things Morrissey. I am thankful for any tidbit (even if it is merely fiction). The most exciting times on this board were when album releases were eminent and during the tour, because there was so much news and speculation and eye witness accounts. Now, due to boredom we tend to be off topic and venture into questionable territory.

The only remedy is - Morrissey needs to release a new album and tour. See how simple it is!

a board with lots of "do you like the cure?" kind of posts and no mr.so&so posts would really really bore me.

> a board with lots of "do you like the cure?" kind of¿ posts and no mr.so&so posts would really really bore me.

i don't know i could read so and so's posts all day

Morrissey Friends

Question for Noam.

I would like to understand how it is that foul language bothers you, when you state that English is not your first language. Is it customary, when teaching a foreign language, to explain which words are "bad," and create a sensitivity toward them?

I'm not trying to criticize, I agree with much of your post, I'm just curious about this point.

John

Re: Question for Noam.

> I would like to understand how it is that foul language bothers¿ you, when you state that English is not your first language. Is¿ it customary, when teaching a foreign language, to explain which¿ words are "bad," and create a sensitivity toward them?¿ I'm not trying to criticize, I agree with much of your post, I'm¿ just curious about this point.¿ John
yes, i was part of an ESL (English as a second language) program at a local school, so every tuesday i had to go to the school and help this little girl who spoke poor english do her homework. However in the room next door, a teacher was explaining to a child what exactly "curse" words are, and to teach the child not to say them, she would say the word,the student would then repeat the word, and the teacher would spank the student with a large paddle, and then she would tell him to say the word again, he did, bringing upon himself another paddling, and this happened a few more times, until the young boy finally realised he shouldnt say the word, and that boy never said a curse the rest of his life

an answer, i think

if you read between the lines, you could have guessed that english is not as foreign to me, as to say, spanish is to you.
i`m so much into english-speaking culture (tv, cinema, nusic and stuff) that its hardy a problem for me to know whats foul or not.
i understand your curiosity, but it is quite absurd to think that i dunno the difference between :"excuse me sir, would you please not interrupt me" and "oh shut the f u c k up you moron, kiss my ass"
btw, many cant even spell their own foul language correctly.

Re: an answer, i think

>¿Me vale madre que los americanos no se usan su lenguaje como de debe, en una forma correcta. This is a Morrissey message board, not english class! How really cares??, if you don't like it, don't read it. Sorry to sound mean, but . . .
johnjuan

johnjaun, i will reply with the utmost dignity..
you just made that mistake "if you dont like it, dont read it"
how can i know?
i do not complain about the english level someone knows and cant help it. i am talking about the shoice of words. some people dont even make an effort, they just say "f u c k you" and stupid hehehe
all over the board, which goes to show how little they know..
usually, the message of those posts is poor disregarding the languange.

> johnjaun, i will reply with the utmost dignity..¿ you just made that mistake "if you dont like it, dont read¿ it"¿ how can i know?¿ i do not complain about the english level someone knows and cant¿ help it. i am talking about the shoice of words. some people

Okay, I guess I'll agree with you. Sometimes the use of certain words bothers me also.
johnjuan

dont even make an effort, they just say "f u c k you"¿ and stupid hehehe¿ all over the board, which goes to show how little they know..¿ usually, the message of those posts is poor disregarding the¿ languange.

Back
Top Bottom