Youtube to mp3?

SweetBoy

Quick question, what is the best program to go from YouTube to mp3?
There are several concert clips I’d like to add to my collection. Thanks in advance. 🤓

There are several concert clips I’d like to add to my collection. Thanks in advance. 🤓
For total control of editing/cropping/encoding etc, I use Audacity.
The MP4 at the highest quality/bit rate is saved via any online video extractor and then opened in audacity as just audio.
From there, you can encode it how you like.
I like to match the source audio bit rate to the MP3 I'm wanting to make - as you can't make 320 out of 128 even if a website says it can.
The reason I don't suggest some web page you throw the video URL at and it then makes a MP3 is that there are so many and they are changing/closing daily or not allowing audio/specifically music tracks via YouTube - defeating the object in the first place.
I'm sure someone will suggest a web form MP3 maker, but the above gives you much more control/consistent results.
Regards,
FWD.

I download the vid at the highest possible quality with 4k Video Downloader. Then I extract the audio with AoA Audio Extractor. Then I take the mp3 and customize the metadata with iTunes.

You can also just set Youtube to play at the highest possible quality and record the audio stream as a wav file with software that interfaces with your soundcard but that's a little trickier than extracting and converting; at least in my experience.

For total control of editing/cropping/encoding etc, I use Audacity.
The MP4 at the highest quality/bit rate is saved via any online video extractor and then opened in audacity as just audio.
From there, you can encode it how you like.
I like to match the source audio bit rate to the MP3 I'm wanting to make - as you can't make 320 out of 128 even if a website says it can.
The reason I don't suggest some web page you throw the video URL at and it then makes a MP3 is that there are so many and they are changing/closing daily or not allowing audio/specifically music tracks via YouTube - defeating the object in the first place.
I'm sure someone will suggest a web form MP3 maker, but the above gives you much more control/consistent results.
Regards,
FWD.

Hi FWD, I use You Tube to MP3 programme on my Mac to get the sound file on my computer and then import into Audacity to enhance the sound. Are you saying you can directly import into Audacity from You Tube?

Hi FWD, I use You Tube to MP3 programme on my Mac to get the sound file on my computer and then import into Audacity to enhance the sound. Are you saying you can directly import into Audacity from You Tube?
Can't speak for Mac, but indeed you can on PC with an Audacity bolt-on called FFmpeg library which treats the video MP4 exactly as an audio file.
Regards,
FWD.

It goes without saying that Youtube's audio quality is quite bad, but sometimes there is material on there that isn't available anywhere else. In that situation, it's advisable to download the video at the highest quality possible. Once you have the video on your computer, convert the audio to a lossless format and perform the manipulations you want. Save again to a lossless format.

If you download a Youtube video, do a bunch of edits on the audio, then save as MP3 all you're doing is adding layer upon layer of data reduction on top of the already compromised signal.

There is a great site for live gigs here (including 18 Morrissey gigs) which are easy to download. They give you a quality rating and tell you the source.

If you are into torrenting then http://www.dimeadozen.org has plenty of Morrissey gigs. Upside is that the site generally doesn't allow lossily compressed material; downside is that they are strict about maintaining a reasonable share ratio (0.25 or higher.)

There are many Firefox plugins will allow a direct downloads of mp3 from YouTube. It's 1-click and no reconverting

Back
Top Bottom