This month's Rolling Stone magazine issued the "500 Greatest Songs of All Time". The Smiths have two songs in the top 500. The songs are 'William, It Was Really Nothing' At # 431 and 'How Soon is Now?' at # 477. There is a little write up about each. Not bad when you consider Rolling Stone never wrote anything great about the Smiths.... or anything great at all. JK.
Other names on the list, The Cure with 2 songs, Sex Pistols with 2, and New Order with 1. Morrissey's solo work? No songs.
- Stars cover "Asleep" for new childrens charity comp Sing Me To Sleep - Indie Lullabies (57)
- English band We Are Altered cover 'I Know Very Well How I Got My Name' (15)
- Russell Brand mentions Morrissey in Spin Magazine interview; iTunes celebrity podcast (7)
- "Half a Person: My Life As Told By The Smiths" review (6)
- 'morrissey.co.uk' domain auction (9)
- Dennis Hopper sees his photo on Smiths CD (10)