‘England Is Mine’ poster, in cinemas Aug. 4 - NME

Check out the poster for Morrissey film ‘England Is Mine’ - NME

The poster for England Is Mine, the upcoming biopic of Smiths legend Morrissey, has been released first on NME.com.

40279_england_is_mine_poster.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what Morrissey thinks of this attention of his childhood? He seems happy these days, maybe he put it behind him. It is great publicity though. He wouldn't be him without that misery,someday he might be glad he wasn't raised differently.

I like the design of the poster , I dont like that they didn't cast someone a litle more resemblant to him. Looks promising though.

I wonder what Morrissey thinks of this attention of his childhood? He seems happy these days, maybe he put it behind him. It is great publicity though. He wouldn't be him without that misery,someday he might be glad he wasn't raised differently.

Well he talked about it a bunch in his biography so it can't bother him to much as a subject. I think it's a good angle for the film. Makes it more about the person more so than the smiths and morrissey. I'm tired of hearing about that drama at this point and that film would for sure be way more contentious than this movie. It's why I preferred the original title Steven. I also just like the idea of his transformation from Steven to morrissey. It's a big part of what makes him interesting

'perfectly captures the enigma behind indie's greatest icon, Morrissey'

- shortlist

:rolleyes:

He says somewhere it "almost" became irrelevant what the (beautiful) script was about and that it could have been any kid in Manchester at that time.
I can appreciate the angle and it is insightful as to how it was possible Moz became a great popicon and famous star as at the time anybody would consider that completely unlikely.
The attraction is based on the idea that if Moz can be a popstar ANYBODY could.
But hey, this is Moz. I know it is all hindsight but there was more there then just a kid from Manc becoming a star.
I think.

Pic in poster looks more like Alain Whyte. But still cool design.

:D I hope he reads this and picks up another Smiths classic guitar tune to try out his new kit! What about "Hand In Glove" Alain?
Or any one else he prefers! :guitar:

What about
Get off the stage you silly boring old C__t ! :guitar::ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Uhh, was that a Smiths song?
I can't even memorize if Alain played guitar on Get Off The Stage.
Don't you think it would be a bit embarrassing for Alain to do that song and play the guitar as if he himself is still on a stage, put it on camera and create a video of it and put it on Faceebook? :rolleyes:

I'm actually looking forward to this. I thought Control was well made, so I'm hoping this will be, too. The poster is actually quite nice.

I really reckon think that Uncle Steve is so removed and far away from Brittin and Yurup falling asleep on his sun deck in Malibu drinking Coronas overlooking the Pacific that he isn't even aware of this movie.

He says somewhere it "almost" became irrelevant what the (beautiful) script was about and that it could have been any kid in Manchester at that time.
I can appreciate the angle and it is insightful as to how it was possible Moz became a great popicon and famous star as at the time anybody would consider that completely unlikely.
But hey, this is Moz. I know it is all hindsight but there was more there then just a kid from Manc becoming a star.
I think.

'The attraction is based on the idea that if Moz can be a popstar ANYBODY could.
But hey, this is Moz. I know it is all hindsight but there was more there then just a kid from Manc becoming a star.'

yep ! :thumb:

I'm actually looking forward to this. I thought Control was well made, so I'm hoping this will be, too. The poster is actually quite nice.

I agree about control even if I'm not a giant joy division fan. I think if the film England is mine avoids any giant gaffs it'll do well even if it keeps the story simple somewhat universal and not super dramatic. I do agree with some above posters that part of morrisseys appeal is not just that he was like every other kid, though he was in many ways, but rather how ironic it was that this super shy awkward society loathing person had such a strong desire to be seen and heard with so much to say about himself and other people. It's sorta a conundrum this pop star of opposite conflicting emotions and motivations actually shave succeeding and conecting with people. In the wake of Bowie though there did seem to be this kinda generational yearning to transform into something less drab and I think in this way a young morrissey is very relatable to other kids of the late seventies. If the story focuses on this I could how lowdens comments are accurate

Agree. If what Lowden is saying about the script is accurate, then it's not really so much about Moz, but an idea taken from his biography. He wasn't just an unhappy kid with a drive to do something different. A lot of people are like that. But Moz has a unique creative talent that others can't copy and an obsession that not everyone is burdened by. This combination makes him one of a kind.

#VivaVeganMoz

I think.

Agree. If what Lowden is saying about the script is accurate, then it's not really so much about Moz, but an idea taken from his biography. He wasn't just an unhappy kid with a drive to do something different. A lot of people are like that. But Moz has a unique creative talent that others can't copy and an obsession that not everyone is burdened by. This combination makes him one of a kind.

#VivaVeganMoz

I believe the script was written before the release of M's 'Autobiography'. Which is unfortunate.

Tags
england is mine movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom