2011 Tour

No, I didn't, but still could. Are standing tickets really in front of the stage? And why is nobody going to Inverness? I clearly haven't my research!

dont know why mell.. for me the others hawick and dumfernline are too complicated to travel to and from as well.
travelling to inverness is easy- good line connection..
one could either fly to inverness -or like me travel from london via train:8 hours.

i also heard the venue is excellent-

from inverness to peninsula dunoon(respectivly gourock) train takes 6 hours, then the ferry from gourock to dunoon (prob western ferry, calecdonian hasnt posted their summer schedule yet) goes very often and takes 20 minutes. passenger pays 7.20 pound
the western ferry terminal in dunoon to the city centre are also good connected with city busses every 30 minutes
so i would be there midday at dunoon.(the train is also not very expensive)

Last edited:
"Dunoon, Dunoon's a Bonnie wee toon,
'Ave just stood up, an am gonnie sit doon"

That's about as poetic as they get, but who cares... we're coming!!!

Lock up yer wool shops, batten down yer cake stands

:guitar::D:guitar:

Sorry actually i think there is!!! A bus leaves Edinburgh at 23:15, cna't remember if it goes all the way down.

ive found a few b&b's in Hawick, seems like it could be very easily done. cheers for the links

No worries, I have an extra for Perth. Inverness is too far North..I'm too lazy to bother. :D I'd rather rest up for Dunoon the following day.

No, I didn't, but still could. Are standing tickets really in front of the stage? And why is nobody going to Inverness? I clearly haven't my research!

ive found a few b&b's in Hawick, seems like it could be very easily done. cheers for the links

If I go to Hawick (which I will know tonight) I will be coming back to Sheffield, I know it is not your side of the country but I could drop you off anywhere on the way back, if a bus/train/hotel would be easier to find in Leeds or Sheffield.

I may have an extra stack of tickets for Hawick(4), Dunfermline(4) and Perth(6).

PM me if you have any problems getting tickets for these venues and if I do have them, they are yours at cost (plus ticketmasters f'd up charges).

Hawick exile here.

The 95/X95 is the last bus north out of Hawick at 2310 on a Tuesday but terminates in Galashiels. Nothing goes south at that time of night.

Glasvegas played the same venue earlier in the year and local B&B accomodation sold out. It's a town of 15,000 or so, so hardly awash with accomodation options. Your other options are to maybe get a taxi to Selkirk or Galashiels for B&B there, or search for B&B options in some of the villages just outside the town. Try Denholm, Ancrum, Lilliesleaf or here:

http://www.mosspaulinn.com/

Any Hawick related queries, just ask!

Last edited:
Last edited:
That was a f***ing shambles. If it wasn't for you guys posting up the Gigs in Scotland link I'd still be gnashing my teeth and cursing Ticketmaster's useless site.

What the f*** is the point of advertising a presale but not pointing out that it's only accessable through another website? I only wanted two tickets for Dunfermline for f***s sake and they put me through some intricate torture to get them!

*Breathes out* Still, I got them so it's all good now.

Now, how the f do I get home from Dunfermline after the gig?

Happy Saint Steven Patrick's Day everybody! :D

Hope that you all got what you wanted :thumb:

I was lucky in that I only went through 15 minutes of torture. I think the concept is that REAL fans get the tickets - However it never works like that - The people who get them are people who are good with their computers. Thanks again for the gigsinscotland tip.

What the f*** is the point of advertising a presale but not pointing out that it's only accessable through another website? I only wanted two tickets for Dunfermline for f***s sake and they put me through some intricate torture to get them!

That was a f***ing shambles. If it wasn't for you guys posting up the Gigs in Scotland link I'd still be gnashing my teeth and cursing Ticketmaster's useless site.

*Breathes out* Still, I got them so it's all good now.

im with you- was freaking out too refreshing like mad from 8.58-9.20 next time i know*doh*

The booking page kept freezing on me but luckily my mate got us tickets for Inverness, Ironworks is one of my favourite venues so I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom