Aberdeen - BHGE Arena (Feb. 16, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Hold On To Your Friends / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / I Bury The Living / Spent The Day In Bed / Suedehead / Israel / Jack The Ripper // Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
It's like comparing apples and rubber cement, but They Might Be Giants are a great example of unpredictability from one night to the next. The Furs and The B-52s are the worst offenders I can think of when it comes to the setlist set in stone.

Sure, but for every act that does that there will be 50 who change the set a lot less than Morrissey. Let's face it, how many acts would add the likes of Munich Air Disaster or If You Don't Like Me (never mind originally unreleased stuff like It's Hard to Walk Tall and Fantastic Bird that were played fairly recently) so many years after release?

If you look back across Morrissey's career, the number of old songs that have been added to the set years later is pretty formidable. With many bands you just hear a few new songs and the hits. Morrissey fans certainly can't complain about a lack of variety.

As for the band, people have been complaining about them since 1991. The band now is not perfect, but it is far from the worst that Morrissey has had in his solo career. They do a good job and he is still in excellent voice as well.

It's like comparing apples and rubber cement, but They Might Be Giants are a great example of unpredictability from one night to the next.

That may well be the case but They Might Be Giants are (without a doubt) the twattiest pop group in musical history. Birdhouse in a Soul is the worst song of the 20th century (if not of all time). Just awful.

I always thought Peter Wyngarde to be bit of a joke but I watched an interview with him with Russel Harty on Youtube and thought he was a lovely man, just as Mozd escribed him in his autobiography. RIP Peter you were a a one off x

Sure, but for every act that does that there will be 50 who change the set a lot less than Morrissey. Let's face it, how many acts would add the likes of Munich Air Disaster or If You Don't Like Me (never mind originally unreleased stuff like It's Hard to Walk Tall and Fantastic Bird that were played fairly recently) so many years after release?

If you look back across Morrissey's career, the number of old songs that have been added to the set years later is pretty formidable. With many bands you just hear a few new songs and the hits. Morrissey fans certainly can't complain about a lack of variety.

As for the band, people have been complaining about them since 1991. The band now is not perfect, but it is far from the worst that Morrissey has had in his solo career. They do a good job and he is still in excellent voice as well.
I love Morrissey, but i'd be underwhelmed by a couple of Swords tracks. That's the thing. He giveth so sparingly that people eat it up like ice cream when songs like those are an otter pop at best.

That may well be the case but They Might Be Giants are (without a doubt) the twattiest pop group in musical history. Birdhouse in a Soul is the worst song of the 20th century (if not of all time). Just awful.
Birdhouse is obnoxious. They have their moments though, and lyrically aren't too far off from Morrissey at many points. But anyway, back to Morrissey.

I love Morrissey, but i'd be underwhelmed by a couple of Swords tracks. That's the thing. He giveth so sparingly that people eat it up like ice cream when songs like those are an otter pop at best.

Well no, it's not true is it.

I mean if you look back at any era from Morrissey's solo career (bar Kill Uncle which he clearly dislikes), then you will see that he has gone back and played loads of deep cuts years later.

Take the Your Arsenal era for example. He has performed most recently:

You're Gonna Need (2007)
Glamorous Glue (2017)
We'll Let You Know (2006)
The National Front Disco (2014)
Certain People (2015)
Fatty (2017)
Seasick (2009)
I Know it's Gonna Happen (2014)
Tomorrow (2008)

Jack the Ripper (2018)
Fantastic Bird (2012)
Let the Right One (2015)

That's pretty phenomenal isn't it?

People can complain about too many new songs being played, but they certainly can't legitimately complain about Morrissey digging deep into the back catalogue.

Last edited:
'Official' is catching up:

Regards,
FWD.

So seeing Moz and his british fans begs the question if the only vitamin c they ever had was from an orange in a newspaper advert?

Saw this on Instagram. Photographer's a Morrissey fan.
Skullbake
Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / The Bullfighter Dies / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Girl From Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Hold On To Your Friends / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / I Bury The Living / Spent The Day In Bed / Suedehead / Israel / Jack The Ripper // Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart

Perhaps now that the despicable dMoz hating dictator, Uncle Skimpy has now gone, this site can return to the excellent fan site it once was.
Rat
Right you are, little fella. Perhaps there’s room for you up Morrissey’s anus, alongside Ketamine Sun.

Garbage setlist. The merch-grab is predictably vast. The LIHS album tanked, so he’s gotta pay for his cheese and cashmere via the sale of crappy sweatshop t-shirts and overpriced post-cards.

The band needs to stop playing Smiths covers as well. They’re absolutely f***ing BRUTAL.

The thing that bothers me so badly, is that it really shows when he gets swept away in it, and the magic is there plain to see. There was a performance of HSIN from recent promotional appearances on some morning show a few months back that absolutely slayed (despite the band) because he was on fire, and obviously belting it out like his last day on Earth. I'd like to see him try a more back to basics approach, without all the synths and cheesy solos out of Jesse, or pandering to any group, or injecting politics into everything. Because I don't know about anyone else, but Morrissey used to be my refuge from the world at large and all of the bullshit in it.
Yes, I remember the performance you mean, and he was on fire. Personally I think calling Jesse's solos 'cheesy' is generous. It implies a degree of competence, albeit in a limited way. Like you I long to see him doing something stripped back - either an acoustic set, or a series of collaborations. I think part of me would like to see him exposed like this to see what's really there when you take that band away.

To be fair, I don't think some members of the band are bad musicians. Gustavo's contributions on the album were among my favourites, and you can hear that he can really play. But the arrangements are so leaden and predictable that I no longer get excited by what he plays - you could pick a song he hasn't played for 30 years and know exactly what it would sound like, before you even heard it. I quite like his recent choices of covers but again, the arrangements are so pedestrian they just sound like everything else. When we were all discussing that jawdropping live performance of I Changed My Plea to Guilty on Jonathan Ross a couple of weeks ago, someone posted a version he did with his band (I think from the Hollywood Bowl/2007), and it was just so wrong. The arrangement was so crude it was criminal - it had everything in it bar the kitchen sink and a limping beat behind it that made it sound like bad country and western. Is this Boz's fault? I can only presume so, unless he's only being given very limited time to work on it. But I can't see any of this changing; it looks to me like that band is his security blanket, and he's clinging on ever tighter to it as time passes.

Karma has well and truly bit Hugh.
Let’s go back to Copenhagen when we seen his snidey grassing first hand. Well, how amusing this is.
It's amazing. Didn't he also rat out David T at one of the California dates as well?
The silver lining in this is maybe he could get a real job now. But realistically how many job opportunities will there be for a former Morrissey groupie grass?

It's amazing. Didn't he also rat out David T at one of the California dates as well?
The silver lining in this is maybe he could get a real job now. But realistically how many job opportunities will there be for a former Morrissey groupie grass?

Hahaha...
He’s never had a job of any real description.
He is on a par with Curtis.

Hahaha...
He’s never had a job of any real description.
He is on a par with Curtis.
That's the only thing that makes him human, the fact that he never ever worked in his life. Not like snowflakes lefties tend to work and if they do they do as little as is humanly possible by hiding under the skirts of the union.

I was standing two along from that Dick Head...obviously a big Moz fan as he was singing along with everything so why do that - Total twat
I’m glad I enhanced your Morrissey experience. It’s a shame that you’ve only every bought a Smiths single or if you download illegally a greatest hits compilation and you didn’t know any of the songs. Hope you enjoy Gary Barlow

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom