Abortion songs, anyone?

I stumbled across this rather interesting list of songs about abortion, categorized by viewpoint: pro- (Ani DiFranco), con- (Sex Pistols' "Bodies"), questionable/ambiguous (i.e. infanticide, stillbirth, miscarriage, etc.). It looks like a student research project, but definitely worth a read.

There's even a Smiths song on the list, but not enough of one to warrant putting this thread in General Discussion. Can you guess which one?

I stumbled across this rather interesting list of songs about abortion, categorized by viewpoint: pro- (Ani DiFranco), con- (Sex Pistols' "Bodies"), questionable/ambiguous (i.e. infanticide, stillbirth, miscarriage, etc.). It looks like a student research project, but definitely worth a read.

There's even a Smiths song on the list, but not enough of one to warrant putting this thread in General Discussion. Can you guess which one?

"this night has opened my eyes" ?

i swear i didnt!!!

i have always had that vibe from that song.

am I right then?

Yes! Here's something that looks vaguely like an abortion trophy for you:

Image000.jpg

Now, for bonus points, guess which category the article's author put it in: pro-, con-, or ambiguous? (There are other categories, but I'm too lazy to type them out.)

Yes! Here's something that looks vaguely like an abortion trophy for you:

Image000.jpg

Now, for bonus points, guess which category the article's author put it in: pro-, con-, or ambiguous? (There are other categories, but I'm too lazy to type them out.)

hahahaha

love the trophy!
thanks!!!!!

hmmm,i would say its a con,but now i'm tempted to go look and actually read this....

That list has a few songs that have nothing to do with abortion, and their biggest mistake was Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins. The band members have stated that the song has nothing to do with abortion in any way, shape, or form.

I wouldn't say "Bodies" is necessarily anti-abortion, it explores multiple viewpoints, the observer, the mother, than the unborn. John Lydon was talking about this in an interview, I think he leans more to the pro-life side, but I don't think he's firmly on either side. He was talking about this, it might've been in Filth and the Fury and he said it would be equally, or more wrong, to bring a child into this world and not give it the care it needs, so describing it as a "pro-life" anthem is a bit of a misnomer.

'pro-life' by arab strap!

Back
Top Bottom