Action Is My Middle Name

THis was my fave of the three, but now I prefer The Kid's A Looker over the others. Live at least.///

How is it possibly the best since 2000?

Anyone else reckon this is the best song he's done this century?

The Smiths stuff would obviously be all in the top 5 if you meant century. But if you meant in the last 10 years of Morrissey solo stuff then I would say it probably is in my top 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discounting b-sides, possible contenders to it include IMHO Life Is A Pigsty, It's Not Your Birthday Anymore and Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed. I think it's better than all of Quarry. I'm sure that will be a controversial view.

Discounting b-sides, possible contenders to it include IMHO Life Is A Pigsty, It's Not Your Birthday Anymore and Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed. I think it's better than all of Quarry. I'm sure that will be a controversial view.

So you did mean decade?

Decade - 10 years? :confused:

The Smiths stuff would obviously be all in the top 5 if you meant century. But if you meant in the last 10 years of Morrissey solo stuff then I would say it probably is in my top 5.

Wasn't The Smiths last century though? So then this century/the last 10yrs would basically be the same thing.

And as for the original question, I'd not put it near the top of the songs he's done since 2000.

Wasn't The Smiths last century though? So then this century/the last 10yrs would basically be the same thing.

And as for the original question, I'd not put it near the top of the songs he's done since 2000.

for gods sake....

Millenium - 1000 years
Century - 100 years
Decade - 10 years

for gods sake....

Millenium - 1000 years
Century - 100 years
Decade - 10 years

Yes, but The Smiths was 20th century. This is the 21st century. Two different centuries.

"This century" obviously means the 21st century - sheesh!
Err, back to the question.
It's an ok song, pretty catchy but not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination (although better than most of Quarry and ROTT).
Radio 2 would probably stick it on their A list but I can't see Absolute or Xfm playing it - they only play the very best Morrissey singles whereas R2 will play ones which are reasonably good.
I think Morrissey will need to show that he's got at least a couple of songs stashed away which are considerably better than 'Action' if he's gonna attract a conventional record deal...

Absolutely not. Action.. better than "Come Back to Camden", "Irish Blood, English Heart", "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore", "Mama Lay Softly.."? It's not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence. Heck, even "Ganglord" is better. It's embarrassing.

If we are comparing to songs released since 2000, I would put Action somewhere between 32 and 49 (so top 50). Hope this helps. :D

Jesus, what a bunch of nit-picking nerds. He said "this century," meaning THIS CENTURY, the 00's through 11. f***in' A.

You've got to put a warning up... I was mid sip on my diet Coke and I think it came out my nose! That's a really funny post!! Best song this century! Ha!

You are joking right?

Back
Top Bottom