Akron, OH - Akron Civic Theatre (June 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by ThievesLikeUs

• Morrissey Shows Why He's a Singular Talent by Jeff Niesel, photos by Joe Kleon (25 total) - Cleveland Scene. Link posted by an anonymous person.

akron.jpg

Last edited:
When you watch the news you expect that. I guess no one here see's my point.

I cant comment on your parenting skills, everyone has their own beliefs and techniques but I personally wouldn't have let them watch Gangland and the news does make me sick. Does that mean I dont read the news? A much more favorable approach to catching up on news for many. And as far as not knowing what I have been through, or my husband for that matter, what a bold statement. I know what happens, my husband was beaten by a police officer, he sure didn't appreciate seeing it either. Myself, I have seen enough violence in my life, I'm a rape survivor and had a bad childhood, without asking for it. Sometimes you just want to be happy and some people it's hard to see for many reasons. There is nothing wrong with protesting against police brutality or the cruelty of animals, it is to much for some people for see is all I am saying. Doesn't mean I choose to be ignorant.

Make this personal much? Good lord. I didn't say you don't watch the news nor did I call you ignorant. Just don't go to another one of his shows and move on with your life. You learned a valuable lesson going to one of Morrissey's paired-up-with-PETA shows. You're already in the lead. You're also entitled to your opinion and you've let us all know yours.

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to make it personal I was just stating that everyone cant tolerate violence for various reasons. Honestly, I was just trying to state why I feel this way. That's the problem, I do love Morrissey and I'd hate for it to be the last show and it is very sad for me. And I was not only responding to your post. And it's not just about me, it's about others as well. I am not only an animal lover, I am people lover as well. In spite of our imperfections, I believe in consideration of others as well. But enough said on this by me, I just wanted an unbiased opinion and hoped enough people agreed to end it so people could enjoy a good old fashioned Morrissey show,not everyone was traumatized but some were and that's my point. Not everyone likes a show or dislikes a show, but good or bad I havent heard people saying they felt psychically ill after it. Things change, people change, life changes and not even Morrissey can protect everyone or every living thing. Morrissey means so much to people for many reasons and for me, it's a place I felt I belonged in spite of life's turmoils. He speaks the truth, his pen is mightier than the sword, that's always been enough for me.

Okay, just checking, I see I'm alone LOL

I hadn't seen Moz since 2009 or so in Columbus. After stage rushing and getting a two armed embrace (following being clotheslined by security), I felt that I had pretty much had the ultimate experience. The slew of cancellations over more recent years didn't help either.
This time around I wanted to share the experience with my boyfriend so we got Pit tickets through stubhub and ended up front and center. It was a wonderful show and the band sounded great. Morrissey seems to be softening a bit with fans as the years go on, and I felt he was making efforts to connect with fans on a more personal level (which is totally feasible with 1000+, right?) - I suppose this is pieced together based on the handshakes/acknowledgement offered up front.
I thought that the setlist was decent and sort of enjoyed the lack of an opener (maybe it's just catching up to me now that I've reached the thirties). I will agree that some of the footage was a bit more intense than I expected, but I just took to watching the band members and Morrissey.
The venue was gorgeous and I really enjoyed sharing stories and talking with fellow fans.
All this to say that I believe I probably will see him again in a shorter time lapse than last time.

I'm sorry, I didnt mean to make it personal I was just stating that everyone cant tolerate violence for various reasons. Honestly, I was just trying to state why I feel this way. That's the problem, I do love Morrissey and I'd hate for it to be the last show and it is very sad for me. And I was not only responding to your post. And it's not just about me, it's about others as well. I am not only an animal lover, I am people lover as well. In spite of our imperfections, I believe in consideration of others as well. But enough said on this by me, I just wanted an unbiased opinion and hoped enough people agreed to end it so people could enjoy a good old fashioned Morrissey show,not everyone was traumatized but some were and that's my point. Not everyone likes a show or dislikes a show, but good or bad I havent heard people saying they felt psychically ill after it. Things change, people change, life changes and not even Morrissey can protect everyone or every living thing. Morrissey means so much to people for many reasons and for me, it's a place I felt I belonged in spite of life's turmoils. He speaks the truth, his pen is mightier than the sword, that's always been enough for me.

Okay, just checking, I see I'm alone LOL

you expected entertainment, he shocked you - this doesn't make him inconsiderate.

and you are not alone - there are few here who love humans and animals :)

That is excellent. I've got a serious case of taper's envy.

What's going on during Suedehead at 6:54? He's looking downright playful.

9X3zE1.png

Talking about how it was a good lay and making a noose with a cord...hmmmm....erotic asphyxiation?

Never would have pegged him as one who'd enjoy that. ;)

(pardon my naughtiness! Oh, how dreadful!)

Last edited:
Talking about how it was a good lay and making a noose with a cord...hmmmm....erotic asphyxiation?

Never would have pegged him as one who enjoy that. ;)

oh I think him a naughty one if I t came Down to it but who knows if it ever does. hes to imaginative not to be. maybe he sees a lazy chatter and is thinking of having security rub them out stein style. the noose is the signal

Never would have pegged him as one who enjoy that. ;)

Watching the sequence, it looks like he's locking eyes with someone in the audience through the loop in the cord.

When you watch the news you expect that. I guess no one here see's my point.

I cant comment on your parenting skills, everyone has their own beliefs and techniques but I personally wouldn't have let them watch Gangland and the news does make me sick. Does that mean I dont read the news? A much more favorable approach to catching up on news for many. And as far as not knowing what I have been through, or my husband for that matter, what a bold statement. I know what happens, my husband was beaten by a police officer, he sure didn't appreciate seeing it either. Myself, I have seen enough violence in my life, I'm a rape survivor and had a bad childhood, without asking for it. Sometimes you just want to be happy and some people it's hard to see for many reasons. There is nothing wrong with protesting against police brutality or the cruelty of animals, it is to much for some people for see is all I am saying. Doesn't mean I choose to be ignorant.

I'm sure many people in the audience have faced such things, violence and didn't expect to see it at a concert.

Most people are attracted to Morrissey because of his brutal honesty, and please remember, this song was written in the 1980's, so everyone has had more than ample time to get to know Morrissey and hear his very outspoken social commentary. Additionally, this video has been shown for years; it's not likely to be dropped from the set, so people can choose to look or look away or not go. Presumably, no one forced you to go to a concert at gun point, so if you find him disturbing, maybe you would be happier seeing another artist. When I left the show in Philly, the street overflowed with people who seemed genuinely ecstatic to have been able to see that show. As for you, since you said you weren't even at this concert, I'm not sure what your purpose is for continuing this conversation other than to poke the bee hive. If you don't like his message, don't listen, don't go to the show. You do have free will. Also, if you find the sight of animals being tortured and brutally murdered, you might want to consider becoming a vegan. At least then you would know that you are not personally contributing to the horror.

lynnda

Most people are attracted to Morrissey because of his brutal honesty, and please remember, this song was written in the 1980's, so everyone has had more than ample time to get to know Morrissey and hear his very outspoken social commentary. Additionally, this video has been shown for years; it's not likely to be dropped from the set, so people can choose to look or look away or not go. Presumably, no one forced you to go to a concert at gun point, so if you find him disturbing, maybe you would be happier seeing another artist. When I left the show in Philly, the street overflowed with people who seemed genuinely ecstatic to have been able to see that show. As for you, since you said you weren't even at this concert, I'm not sure what your purpose is for continuing this conversation other than to poke the bee hive. If you don't like his message, don't listen, don't go to the show. You do have free will. Also, if you find the sight of animals being tortured and brutally murdered, you might want to consider becoming a vegan. At least then you would know that you are not personally contributing to the horror.

lynnda

But is he vegan

lynnda

You are delusional, hypocritical or stupid. Possibly all three. You might want to ask f***wit Morrissey to go Vegan. He is as guilty of murder as anyone who eats hamburgers. 30 years and more of his sanctimonious lies, condemning cows so he could eat cheese. You are the silliest Cult casualty yet. f*** Morrissey. #MorrisseyIsMurder #VegAnarchyInTheUK

Lynnda, you might want to think about your deliberate lies, suggesting Morrissey is Vegan : he isn't, hasn't been since the start. He's a Corpsetarian-Cheesetarianism crank fraud clown.He

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom