Alain Whyte available on Cameo

Cameo is pretty cool. Imagine surprising a loved one on their birthday with a personalized video from their favourite actor, musician, writer etc.

I think Johns reasons for appearing on the show are actually quite moving.

I think his devotion to his stricken wife is very moving. I just think it's a shame he didn't prioritise that side of his personality and instead chose to lock horns with the other members of the Sex Pistols, assuming he'd win the case. Like Morrissey. Both seemed to have been given spectacularly bad advice by the 'experts' they hired. Or they just couldn't hear the sane voices who were warning that such a course of action might lead to financial disaster.

BB

I think his devotion to his stricken wife is very moving. I just think it's a shame he didn't prioritise that side of his personality and instead chose to lock horns with the other members of the Sex Pistols, assuming he'd win the case. Like Morrissey. Both seemed to have been given spectacularly bad advice by the 'experts' they hired. Or they just couldn't hear the sane voices who were warning that such a course of action might lead to financial disaster.

BB
Hence the butter advert to pay for all the “ legal eagles “
At least Morrissey hasn’t never sold out like 🙄
You right about his devotion to his wife though. Very touching ..

I paid for a cameo for my elderly grandmother from a soap opera star that she liked for her birthday. The soap opera star took great care and mentioned all the funny silly things in it that I had written in my “request” message to him. He really took his time, and did such an amazing job and was funny and sweet - it really seemed like he had pretty much memorized everything before hand. My grandmother was so moved and happy, she talked about it for weeks, showed it to everyone, posted it to her social media (yes, she was quite savvy, even into her 80s, with it) and watched it quite a lot, and laughed every time. WAY worth the $150.

Sometimes cameos can be a beautiful thing. All they are is meant to be is a personalized message. They are great fun if you can pick just the right person for just the right person. It’s a beautiful bit of fun, and isn’t that what life’s all about? I think Alain’s would be great fun for some people.

I paid for a cameo for my elderly grandmother from a soap opera star that she liked for her birthday. The soap opera star took great care and mentioned all the funny silly things in it that I had written in my “request” message to him. He really took his time, and did such an amazing job and was funny and sweet - it really seemed like he had pretty much memorized everything before hand. My grandmother was so moved and happy, she talked about it for weeks, showed it to everyone, posted it to her social media (yes, she was quite savvy, even into her 80s, with it) and watched it quite a lot, and laughed every time. WAY worth the $150.

Sometimes cameos can be a beautiful thing. All they are is meant to be is a personalized message. They are great fun if you can pick just the right person for just the right person. It’s a beautiful bit of fun, and isn’t that what life’s all about? I think Alain’s would be great fun for some people.
I did similar. While my mum was recovering from a stroke, we paid for a TV presenter to send her a get well message, and it made the world of difference to her.

I did similar. While my mum was recovering from a stroke, we paid for a TV presenter to send her a get well message, and it made the world of difference to her.
That’s wonderful! :) I think it’s a beautiful thing that such nice things are available. So much negativity here for such a harmless - and frequently quite nice - idea/gift really surprised me.

Hence the butter advert to pay for all the “ legal eagles “
At least Morrissey hasn’t never sold out like 🙄
You right about his devotion to his wife though. Very touching ..
He did the butter advert before his legal woes and apparent bankruptcy so it was just greed. People are complex. He is clearly a saint when faced with his wife's distress and a clown when it comes to his business affairs, as is Morrissey. The richer you are, the worse the legal advice you get because you just become a cow to be milked for fees. It astonishes me that anybody other than the truly super-rich would ever think they could get 'justice' via the racketeering of the High Court system. For both Lydon and Morrissey to fall for that is truly astonishing. How the mighty have fallen. Well, they were never mighty but they were both of greater stature than the diminshed jokes they both now are.

BB

booked a cameo with Alain yesterday with a 24hr turnaround for my wife's birthday today. Got nothing - request expired - refunded. :squiffy:

yeah, i dont see the appeal. paying someone to say something to you isnt that special. maybe if it was like a deal where it's this wise man and you pay him money to dispense advice or to say something insightful, then okay, but just to bullshit, no thanks.
🤣🤣🤣

I can't say that I would personally book Alain for a Cameo, but I think it's easy to imagine some reasons why people might.

It would be possible to mail him a couple of questions, to ask him how to play a certain part of a song (even an obscure one that has never been performed live), to request he sing something etc.

If used correctly, as another poster said, Cameo can be perfectly worthwhile.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom