Alain Whyte available on Cameo

Cameo is pretty cool. Imagine surprising a loved one on their birthday with a personalized video from their favourite actor, musician, writer etc.

Are you a laugh?
no, im a bunny!! and though i am a very earnest sort, as are all my floppy eared brethren, i do like to have a laugh from time to time.

just went through 14 pages,some big names on it,most expensive mike tyson comes in at an eye watering £11,840,then you have someone like didi conn,frenchie from grease for £50,who wouldnt want a birthday message from her.its mostly sports stars,very few british,james buckley,rebecca adlington and mo farrah.

Some lonely people buy them for themselves, but I think the idea is you buy them for a friend. Some are more personal than others, some are quick and some go off and tell stories and stuff.

Imagine getting one of these!

Some lonely people buy them for themselves, but I think the idea is you buy them for a friend. Some are more personal than others, some are quick and some go off and tell stories and stuff.

Imagine getting one of these!

Yeah if the celebrity plays a character, then I can see where receiving one can be fun or humorous.

I can see Cameo being a fun birthday gift, why anyone would want a personalised birthday message from Alain is beyond me though; much less for £75. I'm also intrigued by the concept of someone paying £518 for a message for their business.

cameo is a good idea,its no different to a person who starred in film or tv show a while ago and goes to comicon to sign autographs or get photos took.
It's different because comicon is in person and you get to say hello etc and it's a mini two way conversation. I could see the value in Cameo if it was a two way conversation like Zoom. I assume Cameo is pre-recorded? Apologies if that's not the case.

It's different because comicon is in person and you get to say hello etc and it's a mini two way conversation. I could see the value in Cameo if it was a two way conversation like Zoom. I assume Cameo is pre-recorded? Apologies if that's not the case.
Most are pre-recorded, but some are conversations.

Now imagine the reaction of a bookworm in your family if they received a video from an Harry Potter actor!
Eh? No actor in the movies contributed to the writing of Harry Potter novels.. A true bookworm might be happy to get a video from J. K. Rowling, even though I personally fail to see the point of these. Meeting Morrissey even for the 15 seconds it takes him to sign something would be great, but a not very personal "personalized video"? no thanks.

Eh? No actor in the movies contributed to the writing of Harry Potter novels.. A true bookworm might be happy to get a video from J. K. Rowling, even though I personally fail to see the point of these. Meeting Morrissey even for the 15 seconds it takes him to sign something would be great, but a not very personal "personalized video"? no thanks.

Kids that've read the novels have watched the movies and would love a Cameo from their favourite character/actor. I thought I made that clear.

Eh? No actor in the movies contributed to the writing of Harry Potter novels.. A true bookworm might be happy to get a video from J. K. Rowling, even though I personally fail to see the point of these.

Meeting Morrissey even for the 15 seconds it takes him to sign something would be great, but a not very personal "personalized video"? no thanks.

I feel the same way about people who buy autographs, there are obvious exceptions of course as to why they would.

But for me, it’s about meeting the person, the autograph is just something that helps to remember the experience by, and not as important as the experience itself.

Why are people crapping on this concept? Some of you would relish receiving one of Morrissey’s farts in a jar.

Realistically, if Melvis were on there, you’d all come running with your wallets out for £100. If he pretended he was Bowie, you’d shell out £500.

Presumably this reflects the dearth of royalites from the streaming model for his compositions in previous decades. I see John Lydon is reduced to dressing up as a frog or something on that silly vocal impersonation show to pay his legal bills for suing the other Sex Pistols. How undignified this all is. It must be quite upsetting to have devoted most of your best years to creating music only to find it demonetised by these corporations. I assume Morrissey's income has taken a huge hit from this too, alongside the court case issues and that explains why, until he was cancelled by his 'fans' and by Covid, he was touring so much.

Presumably this reflects the dearth of royalites from the streaming model for his compositions in previous decades. I see John Lydon is reduced to dressing up as a frog or something on that silly vocal impersonation show to pay his legal bills for suing the other Sex Pistols. How undignified this all is. It must be quite upsetting to have devoted most of your best years to creating music only to find it demonetised by these corporations. I assume Morrissey's income has taken a huge hit from this too, alongside the court case issues and that explains why, until he was cancelled by his 'fans' and by Covid, he was touring so much.

It's brutal. A comedian friend of mine earns more from Twitch than he does from a tv show.

The Pavilion was trying to pay John Lydon less & had a punch up with his manager because they were having none of it. I think they're coping better because they lived through the 70s.

I think Johns reasons for appearing on the show are actually quite moving.

Rifke should do voice cameos where she personally insults you. That would RULE.
Perhaps she could give us all an update on the very long awaited
Novel.
One can only presume chapter 1
Has went well!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom