Alain Whyte FB: Rehearsal photos shared (August 22, 2021)

FB_IMG_1629631348861.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631354562.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631351852.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631342354.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631345696.jpg

"Yep rehearsals are sounding killer. My guitar tech Ryan is awesome he’s worked with The Strokes and has set up all my guitars and put bigsbys on 2 guitars Brendan behind the kit. Saul’s Double Bass along with his and Jesse’s rig. Gustavo has a space command of keyboards and he’s sounding great. Getting it dialed in with a stereo rig and simple spaceship pedal boards lol. Got every sound I need.
Vegas is going to be killer everyone is playing great.
Super excited."

Via his FB.

Think of him as a typewriter
In a haunted hotel
Writing the same lines over & over
What they mean no one can tell
Be cruel but don't be kind
He's an unstable caretaker with an ax to grind

816e4596b6fe24a5c01fea15ccdfebda.gif
Now that’s poetry!

Isn't anyone concerned that with Moz teaming up with AW again, he's just going to get dragged back into an era (musically) from which he's escaped? I mean he's matured greatly, & come on leaps and bounds since the departure of AW. Do we really want to go back in time?🎣

Last edited by a moderator:
:lbf:

the dumb :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: caterwauling up a storm
on the blog with the washing machine humming
in the background:)
acting like if hes over in abbey road, the docile twat:lbf:

:hammer:

Isn't anyone concerned that with Moz teaming up with AW again, he's just going to get dragged back into an era (musically) from which he's escaped? I mean he's matured greatly, & come on leaps and bounds since the departure of AW. Do we really want to go back in time?🎣
That’s kinda what I’m thinking. It doesn’t seem that way, based on the Bonfire preview in the interview, but I’d be sad to see the new, more synth-heavy sound to just disappear.
We’ll soon see, I suppose, when YouTube videos of Vegas surface (something I am excited about hearing and seeing).

Only disappointment for me is that Alain is standing in for Boz rather than Jesse.

Only disappointment for me is that Alain is standing in for Boz rather than Jesse.
None of us know how these things are determined; guess knowledge of all this type of thing is confined to the 'inner circle'.

The thread on Alain's best songs has reminded me how many great ones he wrote. However, that's out of a total of around 70. There's probably around 30 that I don't like much at all, and I really don't want Morrissey returning to the mediocre indie plod that characterised so much of the 95-2010 material. But Alain's very best songs are fantastic so hopefully we'll just get those. And yes, I do prefer the more imaginative arrangements we've had on the post-Alain albums but hopefully that can continue regardless of who writes the songs. Alain also wrote some excellent piano-based stuff.

He can have both
There's no need to choose
There's nobody around to say no
Who's brain-washed the small shy boy inside
He doesn't know he can have both

I think we could see a fusion of Alain's songwriting with synths and weird sounds. A fusion like Brundle-Fly in The Fly.

theflyposter2.jpg

Well, it took Jesse fifteen years of being in the band to write half an album's worth of great songs on "Dog."

There's an awful track by AW called 'Tell Me' which he put together during lockdown. Google it, but have a sick bag close by...
Well, that's your opinion. I think "Tell me" is a great song and sung by Mozz could be amazing. I really hope it will become a Morrissey song someday.

Well, that's your opinion. I think "Tell me" is a great song and sung by Mozz could be amazing. I really hope it will become a Morrissey song someday.
It is nice to hear you like it (as many do) :)
To be fair, most anything M would put his voice to would be "better", but I wouldn't count on him singing this Alain tune. He's already provided him about 20 originals that sound fantastic and with patience we'll all hopefully get to hear as many of them they choose to work together on as soon as possible! (Oh, and the test pressings for Tell Me should finally be arriving tomorrow!)

Of course that's my opinion! :rolleyes:
You think whatever you want, but imho it stinks. And if Moz were to sing it...well a nation would probably turn its back & gag.

Last edited by a moderator:

top notch musicians work with Moz(y)
i imagine Jr:baby: will be :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: band(n)
he ll go announce it some unknown ipod show as
if mozart is in his sucky band:lbf:

:hammer:

Maybe Covid has had a part to play.

Covid is impacting all, but Boz’s departure probably had more to do with Boz just having had enough, and I don’t mean that in any negative way, except touring all the years is tiring. I have no proof of this other than looking at the enjoyment he finds in other musical interests, Portugal, and being with his wife. I don’t blame him.

As far as Alain’s return? Seems just
to be the right time due to the situation of Boz leaving, and Morrissey rather working with
people he’s familiar with and can trust. And I’m pretty sure they’ve been in touch over the years.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom