Alain Whyte FB: Rehearsal photos shared (August 22, 2021)

FB_IMG_1629631348861.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631354562.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631351852.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631342354.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631345696.jpg

"Yep rehearsals are sounding killer. My guitar tech Ryan is awesome he’s worked with The Strokes and has set up all my guitars and put bigsbys on 2 guitars Brendan behind the kit. Saul’s Double Bass along with his and Jesse’s rig. Gustavo has a space command of keyboards and he’s sounding great. Getting it dialed in with a stereo rig and simple spaceship pedal boards lol. Got every sound I need.
Vegas is going to be killer everyone is playing great.
Super excited."

Via his FB.

We are all still trying to figure this one ourselves 😉

Let's not forget that the site troll Vegan slagged Alain off in a number of posts and referred to him as Alain Twat. Just goes to show how the troll wanker operates, his entire being is all about provoking reactions on here, what a f***ing sad life he must lead.

Let's not forget that the site troll Vegan slagged Alain off in a number of posts and referred to him as Alain Twat. Just goes to show how the troll wanker operates, his entire being is all about provoking reactions on here, what a f***ing sad life he must lead.
And you never miss a chance to give him exactly what he wants.

Well spotted surface🥇

Well of course Moz’s band would be sucky if Sam joined. What’s wrong with you?

Alain showed respect towards Moz and mum acknowledging the wrong stuff hed done:)
FH Mike would have to refund Moz all the money spent in his attempts to never have a job.
besides, his chubby cubby fingers cant hold a drum stick:lbf:

bottom of the barrel for :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: to make Jr his band:baby:
with the sticky hair and no ability, what next? begging bread
on the street the 2 chumps?:hammer:

So, are we to assume that Moz has forgiven &/or forgotten all things 'AW'?

I was just flicking through autobiog yesterday & came across these parts:

"Departed guitarist Alain had curdled somewhat prior to You Are the Quarry when a legal letter arrived demanding that Alain’s face appear on the cover artwork of the new – and every future – Morrissey album. Well, no. Life doesn’t quite work like that, especially not in the land of logic.

His lawyers also demanded that Alain be given the right to publish his own book detailing his life with Morrissey. It wasn’t for me to bestow or forbid such rights, but the request certainly made me nervous. I didn’t quite relish the thought of Alain with a notepad watching me as I slept."...

& I wonder if we'll ever get closer to the answer to this?

"Backstage at the final Alain show in Dublin, he takes me aside and whispers: ‘I know who is planning your downfall. It is not me.’ "
Now is not the time to open up old wounds, that healed so slowly. :)

So, are we to assume that Moz has forgiven &/or forgotten all things 'AW'?

I was just flicking through autobiog yesterday & came across these parts:

"Departed guitarist Alain had curdled somewhat prior to You Are the Quarry when a legal letter arrived demanding that Alain’s face appear on the cover artwork of the new – and every future – Morrissey album. Well, no. Life doesn’t quite work like that, especially not in the land of logic.

His lawyers also demanded that Alain be given the right to publish his own book detailing his life with Morrissey. It wasn’t for me to bestow or forbid such rights, but the request certainly made me nervous. I didn’t quite relish the thought of Alain with a notepad watching me as I slept."...

& I wonder if we'll ever get closer to the answer to this?

"Backstage at the final Alain show in Dublin, he takes me aside and whispers: ‘I know who is planning your downfall. It is not me.’ "
These are all extremely weird statements. Would you really want someone like that back in your life? And conversely, if they’re all lies, would you really want to go back and be with someone who said those things? None of this adds up.

These are all extremely weird statements. Would you really want someone like that back in your life? And conversely, if they’re all lies, would you really want to go back and be with someone who said those things? None of this adds up.
Indeed.
I'd love to have a read of the contract...

You will not do this...
You will not do that...
You won't ever try & do, or even think of doing x,y, or z.
You're only getting 10%, not a penny less & not a penny more.
Sign here please...

Last edited by a moderator:
it's almost like large portions of Autobiography is self-aggrandising melodrama and near fiction.

Is it also not time for this then?

"We had all felt great concern for Alain, but, always knowing too much, I await personal criticism for Alain’s departure – having had no part in it. Assuredly, criticism whistles through the poplar trees soon enough with accusatory emails from Alain, and my only surprise is that I’m surprised.

By such gestures I now live, as if whatever you bestow has no value unless the flow is endless, and as soon as your life-giving generosity retires, you are human filth. That’s just the way it goes.

Having rescued Alain from the mad-death of his mind-crushing job at Camden Council, he would now cross continents rather than say a hello to me."
You mean like: And you ran back to Moz, who set the pace for the rest of your days?

You mean like: And you ran back to Moz, who set the pace for the rest of your days?
Isn't that just what has actually happened? 'Ran back to Moz' bcos he (AW) couldn't make it alone? Strikes me that, given the stuff in autobiog, that AW needs to atone...or maybe he already has...

Isn't that just what has actually happened? 'Ran back to Moz' bcos he (AW) couldn't make it alone? Strikes me that, given the stuff in autobiog, that AW needs to atone...or maybe he already has...
Without knowing it exactly, it looks as if since 2004 he thought he could set up his own career and didn't have to be number two behind Morrissey. I find Alain Whyte incredibly likeable and reserved on Twitter, somehow this whole development doesn't fit in. Apparently the royalties are still enough to live a nice life in Los Angeles. It is and remains a mystery that the way is now free for him. I don't think he had to apologise for anything directly again. But still, it's very good that you only pulled the passages out of the autobiography once. It's a small wonder of the world, that Morrissey forgives. Because he was also done wrong here (again), of course

He’s been making overtly kind gestures to morrissey for a while now and is still saying good things about him publicly which I’m sure morrissey appreciates at the moment. It gave him a bit of undeniably good press before his show which he needed and good will amongst fans to have him return as he’s loved by the hardcore fans. I can see a few good motivations for morrissey to forgive and have everyone just move on. Especially after the year of loss he had. Time seems very much on his mind these days

Without knowing it exactly, it looks as if since 2004 he thought he could set up his own career and didn't have to be number two behind Morrissey. I find Alain Whyte incredibly likeable and reserved on Twitter, somehow this whole development doesn't fit in. Apparently the royalties are still enough to live a nice life in Los Angeles. It is and remains a mystery that the way is now free for him. I don't think he had to apologise for anything directly again. But still, it's very good that you only pulled the passages out of the autobiography once. It's a small wonder of the world, that Morrissey forgives. Because he was also done wrong here (again), of course
Yeah, I can tell that you, & others on here, like him loads, & view him as some 'messiah'. BUT, things have changed, & time has moved on, & I think he needs Moz, more than Moz actually needs him; it's as if he needs some form of validation. Just look at all the blatant bending over backwards he was doing throughout the lockdown 'safe at home' sessions. He couldn't have made his intent any more obvious.

Yeah, I can tell that you, & others on here, like him loads, & view him as some 'messiah'. BUT, things have changed, & time has moved on, & I think he needs Moz, more than Moz actually needs him; it's as if he needs some form of validation. Just look at all the blatant bending over backwards he was doing throughout the lockdown 'safe at home' sessions. He couldn't have made his intent any more obvious.
Ach, he must know what he's getting into. He was confronted with all the problems directly on Twitter. Yes, like a messiah: "Alain, come and make it better, make it heal". The change brings movement into the band, which in its old form was not really accepted by many old fans. A suicide mission in the city of pleasure and you watch curiously from afar.

Just to wrap up though, if Moz has forgiven AW for any perceived wrong doings of the past, & is able to welcome him back with open arms, then hats off to him! Despite the track from WPINOYB, maybe Moz IS a man, the bigger man, after all?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom