Alain Whyte FB: Rehearsal photos shared (August 22, 2021)

FB_IMG_1629631348861.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631354562.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631351852.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631342354.jpg
FB_IMG_1629631345696.jpg

"Yep rehearsals are sounding killer. My guitar tech Ryan is awesome he’s worked with The Strokes and has set up all my guitars and put bigsbys on 2 guitars Brendan behind the kit. Saul’s Double Bass along with his and Jesse’s rig. Gustavo has a space command of keyboards and he’s sounding great. Getting it dialed in with a stereo rig and simple spaceship pedal boards lol. Got every sound I need.
Vegas is going to be killer everyone is playing great.
Super excited."

Via his FB.

Just to wrap up though, if Moz has forgiven AW for any perceived wrong doings of the past, & is able to welcome him back with open arms, then hats off to him! Despite the track from WPINOYB, maybe Moz IS a man, the bigger man, after all?
Yes, maybe. Didn't he write some bitter things about Jake too and was seen back with him in 2009? "Forgive someone", he sings.

Without knowing it exactly, it looks as if since 2004 he thought he could set up his own career and didn't have to be number two behind Morrissey. I find Alain Whyte incredibly likeable and reserved on Twitter, somehow this whole development doesn't fit in. Apparently the royalties are still enough to live a nice life in Los Angeles. It is and remains a mystery that the way is now free for him. I don't think he had to apologise for anything directly again. But still, it's very good that you only pulled the passages out of the autobiography once. It's a small wonder of the world, that Morrissey forgives. Because he was also done wrong here (again), of course
I honestly don't think this is forgiveness. It's practicality. There were dates booked in the US, travel restrictions in place for people coming from the UK, so what do you do? Assemble a band of US-based musicians. That's pretty much it.

I honestly don't think this is forgiveness. It's practicality. There were dates booked in the US, travel restrictions in place for people coming from the UK, so what do you do? Assemble a band of US-based musicians. That's pretty much it.
Morrissey and Alain must have been in touch for some time if they've written songs together i.e. at least 6 months, probably longer, so there clearly has been a thawing of relations which is nothing to do with the recent travel restrictions.

So I can't imagine the renewed collaboration being quite so detached and unemotional. Morrissey said some harsh things about Whyte, which is so typical for him. Actually, he accuses Whyte of ingratitude. Whyte never said a wrong word about Morrissey in public and always seems grateful. Quite a discrepancy between publicity and people's relationships with each other. Anyway, I'm glad he's there and he should know it could be a suicide mission.

Re: travel restrictions.
The tour production manager left the UK August 17 and is now sharing images in Los Angeles (27th) - so managed UK to USA (via Heathrow) in less than 10 days to be actively 'at work' (achieved via an "exemption letter").
Although, agree about logistics having a bearing on the album's recording & possibly band implications.
Regards,
FWD.

Hmm.. so the argument is that Alain Whyte is the only guitarist in the US who can do it, even though they hate each other. Thinnest gruel.

Re: travel restrictions.
The tour production manager left the UK August 17 and is now sharing images in Los Angeles (27th) - so managed UK to USA (via Heathrow) in less than 10 days to be actively 'at work' (achieved via an "exemption letter").
Although, agree about logistics having a bearing on the album's recording & possibly band implications.
Regards,
FWD.
Re: non fantasy non delusional non stalker travel restrictions:

I reckon why do you always have to try to put foreign anti-American spins on everything related to California Son? I reckon how do you know the "tour manager" left the "uk"? All of California Son's band, tour personnel, and tour company are based in LA. Logistics go more like this:

California Son and Nancy will leave John Wayne Airport in Burbank via the private jet supplied by Caesars 2 hours before gig time. They will leave immediately after the gig and fly back home to LA. They are not staying at any hotel in Vegas so any loonie stalkers that somehow made it through all the security checks such as denying visas to manipulating Ticketmaster will not be a danger inn n n nn n n n n it.

View attachment 75586View attachment 75587View attachment 75588View attachment 75589View attachment 75590

"Yep rehearsals are sounding killer. My guitar tech Ryan is awesome he’s worked with The Strokes and has set up all my guitars and put bigsbys on 2 guitars Brendan behind the kit. Saul’s Double Bass along with his and Jesse’s rig. Gustavo has a space command of keyboards and he’s sounding great. Getting it dialed in with a stereo rig and simple spaceship pedal boards lol. Got every sound I need.
Vegas is going to be killer everyone is playing great.
Super excited."

Via his FB.

Well dear boy, which one of them will you be replacing ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom