Alain Whyte: "Tell Me" teaser video & lineup/tour update (August 2, 2020)

20200803_002001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some footage of Craig playing Sense live with Terry on Jools Holland. Interesting line up Terry pulled together, Craig, Les Pattinson from The Bunnymen and Chris Sharrock from Icicle Works/Lightning Seeds back then and more latterly Oasis and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.

That rhythm section makes this line-up sound about twice its size.

Fitting that you mention Noel Gallagher and Craig is playing a Gibson 335 in the performance.

🤒
no doubt the worse music ever as bad as :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: cometry.
katastrofalan:blushing:

maybe all the lawnmowers should join that terry hall doofus and give moz a bit of a break. what caterwauling FFS its sounds as if it were a 🐸 festival:mad:

Morrissey released a new album just a few months ago. What else do we need? God knows, I could live without him doing political broadcasts "Live from Betty's Living Room".

I get that the 'Lads' have reconnected and there's a nostalgia element to it for the diehards but this is hilariously bad - a 'tour' of Moz rejects and one guy who was a Smith for 2 minutes in 1986. People attacked Andy & Mike for the "Classically Smiths" crash-grab, deservedly, and this is the same crap in a different guise.
They're hardly rejects though. Most fans think of three of them as part of Morrissey's best lineup. Alain's videos have been really good and there is nothing wrong with him trying to make a living giving some of the fans what they want.
It would probably be Boz instead of Craig Gannon but Morrisey would never forgive him.

The real tragedy of this is that Alain should still be working with Morrissey instead of being part of what is, essentially, a nostalgia act.

Johnny, Alain and Stephen Street are his three most important collaborators, in that order.
I'm confused. Aren't those mostly the same thing? Morrissey's latest record is great but it's not the reason he can tour forever if he wants to.

The real tragedy of this is that Alain should still be working with Morrissey instead of being part of what is, essentially, a nostalgia act.

Johnny, Alain and Stephen Street are his three most important collaborators, in that order.
You're having a laugh, mate.
Alain wrote a few good ones, sure, but an absolute ton of plodding indie filler. Think of any generic, uninspired solo song from 92 to 09 and it'll be a Morrissey/Whyte composition.
Marr and Whyte both wrote about 70 songs. 55 to 60 of Marr's were amazing. Only 12 or 13 of Whyte's come close. The quality of the Street songs was way higher.

I'm confused. Aren't those mostly the same thing? Morrissey's latest record is great but it's not the reason he can tour forever if he wants to.

Morrissey is the real deal. People can like or dislike his last few albums, but at least when you go to see Morrissey you are seeing the main man.

Alain and friends going on tour playing Morrissey songs without Morrissey himself is just a little tragic IMO and Alain is better than that.

Morrissey is the real deal. People can like or dislike his last few albums, but at least when you go to see Morrissey you are seeing the main man.

Alain and friends going on tour playing Morrissey songs without Morrissey himself is just a little tragic IMO and Alain is better than that.
Relax. Enjoy. It’s showbiz.

Tags
alain whyte

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom