Alan Bennett reads Philip Larkin

Don't suppose this is the right place to ask... or it is possibly THE right place to ask, but chances are pretty slim...

Does anyone out there have the two Penguin audiobooks that were released in the mid 1990s (cassettes) of Alan Bennett readin Philip Larkin?

The titles were

High Windows

and

The Whitsun Weddings

Cheers!

Hi- I checked Amazon and they have them both on CD. :)

Hi- I checked Amazon and they have them both on CD.

Neither have been released on CD.

They were both cassettes, one is currently unavailable and the other is £20 which, frankly, I don't want to pay for a cassette - recently bought a cassette that snapped first time of playing, for a similar sum. Just hoped someone here might have them digitally transferred!

Last edited:
Hi

Not sure if this is of any use

from Amazon......

"The Sunday Sessions" consists of twenty-six poems, the contents of two tapes recorded by Philip Larkin in Hull in February 1980 - reportedly, each on a Sunday, after lunch with John Weeks, a sound engineer and colleague of the poet. The tapes, which contain work from Larkin's first major collection, "The North Ship", as well as poems from his best-known collections, "The Whitsun Weddings" and "High Windows", remained 'lost' for over two decades, lying on a shelf in the garage in which they were recorded. Since their rediscovery they have been the subject of widespread media attention, including a BBC Radio 4 Archive Hour documentary. Their contents are here published in full for the first time. The running time is approx 1 hour/1 disc.

If it is any use its cheaper on PLAY.com

raham

Back
Top Bottom