Alanis Morissette releases track co-written with ex-Morrissey band member (Michael Farrell)

Alanis Morissette has released Reasons I Drink, the first single from her 9th studio album titled Such Pretty Forks In The Road.

It might be of slender interest to Morrissey fans/ex fans but the song was co-written by Alanis with Michael Farrell.

Michael Farrell toured with Morrissey and contributed to studio recordings, even co-writing songs including At Last I Am Born, before parting ways around 2007/2008.

Stream the single on Spotify.

alanis-morissette-reasons-i-drink-10582.jpg

Cool. She’s going on tour with Liz Phair and garbage for a jagged little pill
Tour. I saw her during that era with Radiohead and had fun. Garbage are great live

Interesting, thanks for the link.

Did Jesse ever co-write any songs with Alanis?
Besides Buffy, his only actual song credits are with Moz. His work with Alanis sees him credited on live work/albums etc whilst touring with her, but no songwriting.
Regards,
FWD.

Cool. She’s going on tour with Liz Phair and garbage for a jagged little pill
Tour. I saw her during that era with Radiohead and had fun. Garbage are great live

Wasn't Jesse in her band at the time of the Jagged little pill tour? Or did he join later?

Yes, Jesse was in her live band for the tours associated with Jagged Little Pill. That is how he met Angie Hart of the band Frente. Frente was the opening act for a number of those Alanis shows. Jesse and Angie married and formed the band Splendid. Neither that band nor the marriage exist any longer.

Wasn't Jesse in her band at the time of the Jagged little pill tour? Or did he join later?

Farell had/wanted too many people on the guest list for the Hollywood Bowl back then... that was the beginning of the end.... :electricplug: according to a certain Penguin Classic

Tags
band members michael farrell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom