All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - TTY

Press release - true-to-you.net

26 October 2012

All remaining dates on the current US Tour have been postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell. Due to issues with his mother's health, Morrissey will need to remain by her side during this difficult period.

Those who have already purchased tickets for all upcoming dates are highly encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced shortly.

Morrissey would like to thank everyone for their understanding and patience as the shows are being prepared for a swift reschedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww haha, "Stoney Brando" deleted his post about me "talking shit on Morrissey's mum" from my group's Facebook page before I got a chance to reply!

Let me assist your comprehension. The phrase you can't quit quoting was in reference to me mentioning Pittsburgh, which you assumed was supposed to incite fear. Now THAT is hilarious.

Where again did I mention fear? You're not really "assisting my comprehension" by making the same kind of assumptions that you're claiming I make.

"Stopping injustice" is a bit strong but once again, you tend to err on the drama queen side of things and since there's so little of that in these parts, err on, my boy.

Oh, I'm sorry, weren't your words "fighting the offensive"? :lbf: And I was giving you a little more credit than that "I hate Solow" character. Getting ready to send your check in to david to shut down the big, bad, offensive Morrissey fansite that doesn't adhere to your views? :rolleyes:

But seriously, thank you for your service in deciding the internet. You're fantastic! Gotta run but I'm bundled up and on my way to Frick Park if you want a meet up!

What does "deciding the internet" even mean? I haven't seen someone as bad at phrasing things in an attempt to look pseudo-intellectual since BrummieBoy :lbf: You "decide the internet" for you, bud - "fight off" all the "offensive," and be a hero. Everyone loves a hero, right? :)

(Predicted response: 'blah blah oh, yer a drama queen, son. blah blah let me help you understand blah blah local landmark.')

Last edited:
Fifth cancellation in the SF Bay Area!!! F*** YOU, MORRISSEY!!!! Seriously, f*** you. Shame on me for buying tickets.

Morrissey is a hero and savior to many. I included. We should all be praying for him and his Family. Not bad mouthing or making a joke of his situation. Just as many of us are willing to reschedule our daily lives to go to a concert or follow him on tour. I know I would do just as he did and postponed my tour to to be with my mother. You are all selfish cock suckers and remember you reep what you sow. VIVA MOZ. Good Bless you and your mom.

Wow. You...people. Disgusting.

Morrissey has some really great, passionate, incredibly loving fans - like myself and about four others who post here.

And then he has a shit load of incredibly obnoxious and mean assholes who seemingly listen to his music for no reason at all and post here because, obviously, it's the only website in the world that will allow such abuse. And that's what it is - abuse to Morrissey and to each other. What a pathetic group of, ahem, "fans".

448x249px-LL-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tropic-thunder-movie-1309633407.jpg

Morrissey has some really great, passionate, incredibly loving fans - like myself and about four others who post here.

And then he has a shit load of incredibly obnoxious and mean assholes who seemingly listen to his music for no reason at all and post here because, obviously, it's the only website in the world that will allow such abuse. And that's what it is - abuse to Morrissey and to each other. What a pathetic group of, ahem, "fans".

So basically...anyone who says anything you don't like is a shitty asshole for criticizing the well-wishes that the majority of fans here have written for Morrissey...a stranger they don't know personally but whose music they like.

But let's see:

Either they are expressing condolences to Morrissey via a website he has publicly denounced and says he never reads, whose administrator he has banned from concerts, in which case said condolences are both fruitless and moronic, as they are never going to be seen by their intended recipient and they are being expressed by people who Morrissey has publicly told to go f*** themselves as a collective, or-

he does see the condolences but doesn't care, as he will continue to maintain that this site is a terrible place and that he never reads what is posted here...in which case, if he said that after seeing the condolences, he would be lying.

Either way, Jesse Tobias sucks.

So basically...anyone who says anything you don't like is a shitty asshole for criticizing the well-wishes that the majority of fans here have written for Morrissey...a stranger they don't know personally but whose music they like.

But let's see:

Either they are expressing condolences to Morrissey via a website he has publicly denounced and says he never reads, whose administrator he has banned from concerts, in which case said condolences are both fruitless and moronic, as they are never going to be seen by their intended recipient and they are being expressed by people who Morrissey has publicly told to go f*** themselves as a collective, or-

he does see the condolences but doesn't care, as he will continue to maintain that this site is a terrible place and that he never reads what is posted here...in which case, if he said that after seeing the condolences, he would be lying.

Or people are expressing sentiment, which doesn't need to be read by anyone, just a feeling to be expressed

Or people are expressing sentiment, which doesn't need to be read by anyone, just a feeling to be expressed

If this is the case though - which for the most part seems reasonable enough - it's odd to me that so many people address their sentiments as if Morrissey WOULD be reading them. It's for this reason alone that your theory doesn't quite stick with me.

Likewise, I don't particularly understand why people wishing him well insist on calling him 'Steven' as if they (a) are good pals with him or (b) somehow think they're clever for knowing his first name. He doesn't like being called 'Steven.' Y'know, the whole reason he's publicly gone by MORRISSEY for the past 30+ years?

If this is the case though - which for the most part seems reasonable enough - it's odd to me that so many people address their sentiments as if Morrissey WOULD be reading them. It's for this reason alone that your theory doesn't quite stick with me.

Likewise, I don't particularly understand why people wishing him well insist on calling him 'Steven' as if they (a) are good pals with him or (b) somehow think they're clever for knowing his first name. He doesn't like being called 'Steven.' Y'know, the whole reason he's publicly gone by MORRISSEY for the past 30+ years?

It's similar to a condolence book. People sign it and leave messages because something has happened which has emotionally affected them.
I understand the argument that it is ultimately futile, because it isn't read by the person in question, but I have enough common sense to leave the family alone at that time

Whoever mentioned Mark Chapman was totally on the money. I can so imagine sick little creeps like davidt, kewpie, skinny, skylarker etc waiting to get their copy of Vauxhall signed before opening fire.

I agree that there's only ever a very selective version of free speech here – could anyone ever be permitted to repeatedly glorify, celebrate and promote pedophilia, the holocaust, etc etc on this website? No, of course not. But repeatedly attack Morrissey and his family? Step right up. And before anyone starts whining that attacking Moz is not comparable to exterminating an entire race, that's not actually the point: it's an illustration of how the much publicised notion of “free speech” is completely selective.

Many websites manage to keep their forum posts on-topic without impinging on freedom of speech - for davidt and cronies to keep going on about freedom of speech like angry 15yr olds is to be deliberately disingenuous: this is about being on-topic. But clearly there's no desire to do so here and that in itself is eloquently damning of the mentality - and the vanity - of davidt's schoolyard junta.

I don't follow this site 24/7...why has the administrator of this site been banned from shows?

But let's see:

But let's see:

Yes, Skylarker...basically...that's it. Why would you criticize someone for wishing a person well - whether they know them personally or not?? Why do you feel so defensive that you've got to jump on here and attack everyone who says anything nice about Morrissey (or his band) that you, by the way, don't like yourself. You are essentially doing the very thing I do - if it displeases you then you "reply". Only you have to be a jerk about it. Someone says something nice - you have to play the bad guy. If someone spouts off with an incredibly stupid and senseless comment that a fifteen year old would find funny - then you play right along and start posting stupid cartoon videos and gifs. Honest to God, Skylarker, you told me recently that you're 36 years old, but you stay on this forum day and night acting like a child. What the hell is wrong with you?

The reactions to the over-the-top posts here are similar to the reactions I saw from Norwegians shortly after Morrissey made comments about the massacre in Norway at a concert a little over a year ago. So perhaps a new rule needs to be instituted:

"Any comments that are deemed insensitive will be deleted from the site"*

*unless they are spoken by Morrissey

Anyone see a double standard?

Whoever mentioned Mark Chapman was totally on the money. I can so imagine sick little creeps like davidt, kewpie, skinny, skylarker etc waiting to get their copy of Vauxhall signed before opening fire.

I agree that there's only ever a very selective version of free speech here – could anyone ever be permitted to repeatedly glorify, celebrate and promote pedophilia, the holocaust, etc etc on this website? No, of course not. But repeatedly attack Morrissey and his family? Step right up. And before anyone starts whining that attacking Moz is not comparable to exterminating an entire race, that's not actually the point: it's an illustration of how the much publicised notion of “free speech” is completely selective.

Many websites manage to keep their forum posts on-topic without impinging on freedom of speech - for davidt and cronies to keep going on about freedom of speech like angry 15yr olds is to be deliberately disingenuous: this is about being on-topic. But clearly there's no desire to do so here and that in itself is eloquently damning of the mentality - and the vanity - of davidt's schoolyard junta.

Last edited:
Yes, Skylarker...basically...that's it. Why would you criticize someone for wishing a person well - whether they know them personally or not?? Why do you feel so defensive that you've got to jump on here and attack everyone who says anything nice about Morrissey (or his band) that you, by the way, don't like yourself. You are essentially doing the very thing I do - if it displeases you then you "reply". Only you have to be a jerk about it. Someone says something nice - you have to play the bad guy. If someone spouts off with an incredibly stupid and senseless comment that a fifteen year old would find funny - then you play right along and start posting stupid cartoon videos and gifs. Honest to God, Skylarker, you told me recently that you're 36 years old, but you stay on this forum day and night acting like a child. What the hell is wrong with you?

My age has nothing to do with it. A 9 year old could see that Morrissey doesn't care about any of you people, and has said far worse things, far more hateful and insensitive things, than anyone on this site ever has.

I like his music...most of it. But he is a singer. He is not my savior. He is not my friend. I am not close to him. I do not have a line of communication to him. In fact I think that, as a person, he is a piece of shit.

I find the idea of using this site -this site especially- as a launchpad for condolences to someone who doesn't give a shit about anyone here totally ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
My age has nothing to do with it. A 9 year old could see that Morrissey doesn't care about any of you people, and has said far worse things, far more hateful and insensitive things, than anyone on this site ever has.

I like his music...most of it. But he is a singer. He is not my savior. He is not my friend. I am not close to him. I do not have a line of communication to him. In fact I think that, as a person, he is a piece of shit.

I find the idea of using this site -this site especially- as a launchpad for condolences to someone who doesn't nice a shit about anyone here totally ridiculous.

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ANYONE HERE...THAT'S THE PROBLEM. I have been on other websites where there's a certain amount of respect given to the people who post as well as to the artist of whom the website is dedicated to. I don't understand why that can't be done here...I just don't. This is like Troll Central. It's crazy.

NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT ANYONE HERE...THAT'S THE PROBLEM. I have been on other websites where there's a certain amount of respect given to the people who post as well as to the artist of whom the website is dedicated to. I don't understand why that can't be done here...I just don't. This is like Troll Central. It's crazy.
That's not quite true. I give a damn. I actually care, but I understand your thoughts

The reactions to the over-the-top posts here are similar to the reactions I saw from Norwegians shortly after Morrissey made comments about the massacre in Norway at a concert a little over a year ago. So perhaps a new rule needs to be instituted:

"Any comments that are deemed insensitive will be deleted from the site"*

*unless they are spoken by Morrissey

Anyone see a double standard?

You are not responsible for Morrissey's comments, or the news, or the weather.

You are responsible for posts on this site

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom