America would be nothing without Mexico: an interview with Morrissey - Sopitas.com (Spanish)

“Estados Unidos no sería nada sin México”: una entrevista con Morrissey - Sopitas.com (Spanish)

Translation to English:

S: What have you been doing in the last few months?

Morrissey: I've been following the total terror of Trump Trouble.

S: The world has been in shock for the past 12 months: Brexit, Hillary, Trump, Russia, but at the same time it feels as if we have forgotten the most important human problems, such as Syria, And more recently, famine in Yemen. Do you think we are all responsible for what is happening around the world?

M: No, but for the most part, every tragedy has something manufactured. Wars have to exist to justify the trillions of dollars spent on nuclear weapons and armies in general. It is politicians, not people, who start wars. They do this partly because they are sure that others are mysteriously willing to die for them.

S: You have a special relationship with Mexico and the Mexican community in Los Angeles. What are your feelings about Donald Trump's policies? Do you think the wall is a real solution?

M: The wall is ridiculous because Mexico is part of the North American continent, so you can imagine how absurd it is to build a walk through, say, Philadelphia. For me it's the same thing. America would be nothing without Mexico. I can examine Hitler and wonder why the German people allowed him to flourish. Now I wonder why the United States is allowing Trump to continue. He will start a war soon, if only to get the American people to be at his side, because once there is war, you must support the troops and therefore support the president, otherwise you are not patriotic. That's the old way of building support for unpopular politicians, anyway.

S: Depression, anxiety and mental health are one of the most common problems in our day, but many people are afraid to talk about them. How was your experience fighting depression? Remembering that moment, when did you realize that it was okay to accept it as a problem? How difficult was it for you to take the first step and seek help? Do you think social stigma prevents people from doing it?

M: For me, the depression began when I was 12 or 13, and I accidentally saw a documentary on television about the slaughterhouse. I saw a little horse, or a donkey, or a pony, I do not remember who it was, and it was in a metal cage, struggling to get up, not knowing where it was, and suddenly fell to the ground tired. This image haunted me for years. He could not believe and could not accept that the human race could allow abattoirs to exist. The slaughterhouse is proof that human beings are not instinctively kind or intelligent beings. However, they say they are!

S: This year we will see the debut of the movie Shoplifters of the World , and the actor Joe Manganiello asked for your permission to participate in it. How was the approach? Have you seen any breakthroughs? Do you expect anything special about the movie?

M: I do not know anything about it, but I'd be interested to see it.

S: The induction ceremony for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is coming up, and I think you deserve a place there. Have you ever thought about it? And of all the new acts, and the bands that are heading the festivals around the world, what do you think will continue to be relevant in the next 10, 15 or 20 years?

M: Unfortunately I think the system is fixed. There are certain artists whose relevance is measured solely by the amount of prizes they receive. I've never been one of those.

S: I'm sure you know of the existence of Mexrrissey. What do you think about them?

M: I'm impressed, especially with their song "International Playgirl".

S: Why does music matter in our day? I mean, with all the problems we have around the world, poverty, war, racism, why is music important and important to anyone in this age?

M: Music matters precisely because of all those problems. Songs live much longer than people! People will always need the songs, like they need haircuts. These are two things that can not be eliminated. Good technique is not enough. There is a certain need that can only be communicated through a voice that sings, and this is the reason why you must drag yourself on stage. A song can make you understand your own life, and can make you feel more alive than you felt before listening to it. Presidents on the other hand, come and go. The singer has the power. Goodbye to censorship!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, have to agree with Benny on this one.. I love Morrissey but..

Pretty easy to come up with clever answers when you've got all the time in the world to study the questions.

Put him on the spot and he clams up and claims shyness. He's a smart guy but far from witty or even quick.

You can't be serious, he has been known as witty for over 30 years now! Being quick as a speaker is something else, and I don't think it diminishes an otherwise talented person if they're not. Some of my favorite writers haven't been. Nabokov, who spoke 3 languages and wrote brilliantly, would sometimes peek at index cards in interviews.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/books/review/Krystal-t.html

You can't be serious, he has been known as witty for over 30 years now! Being quick as a speaker is something else, and I don't think it diminishes an otherwise talented person if they're not. Some of my favorite writers haven't been. Nabokov, who spoke 3 languages and wrote brilliantly, would sometimes peek at index cards in interviews.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2009/09/27/books/review/Krystal-t.html

True wit is spontaneous. Like an improv artist. Watch someone like Robin Williams do a TV interview. Totally off the cuff; that is wit.

Having time to plan answers to sound intelligent is the farthest thing from. If this is not his intent than the alternative is even worse - his email interviews would be just plain disrepectful in my opinion - to the interviewer and the fans... It means you don't have time for anyone else. He has more time on his hands than most of us.

Sure Morrissey has shown wit. But I really question whether or not he is as clever as most of you think he is considering a great deal of his best song lyrics are taken straight from books... Quite literally.

I don't know that I believe wit to be performance based. All witty writers are excellent public speakers just doesn't ring true

S: What have you been doing in the last few months?

Morrissey: I've been following the total terror of Trump Trouble.

This from the guy who encouraged people not to vote. Incredible hypocrite!!!

Get used to it. It's how Steven earns his crust these days now that the songs have dried up along with his talentless backing band.
Let's not forget this is a man that professed Kate Middleton was to blame for a maternity nurse taking her own life :eek: (mad as a box of frogs)

WE INTERRUPT THIS POST TO GO A NEWSFLASH :eek: ! ! !

Donald Pump has FAILED in his attempt to scrap one of his presidential promises to scrap Obamacare :rofl:

It's a close call who will crowned "twat"of the year 2017 kids !

Q the bots to press the troll button with their limp wristed fingers :laughing: because they don't have the bollocks/brains to take the debate further.

Steven and Pump ! It's really laughable :laughing:

Benny-Benny-it's-really-laughable-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ! Ho -Ho-Ho-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Hmm I don't think it is that close a call, is it Bennifer? You had already won that accolade by January 2nd.

You can put it alongside your "Hopeless, Desperate, Mouth-Breathing Liar of the Year" certificate. It will look very pretty.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom