America would be nothing without Mexico: an interview with Morrissey - Sopitas.com (Spanish)

“Estados Unidos no sería nada sin México”: una entrevista con Morrissey - Sopitas.com (Spanish)

Translation to English:

S: What have you been doing in the last few months?

Morrissey: I've been following the total terror of Trump Trouble.

S: The world has been in shock for the past 12 months: Brexit, Hillary, Trump, Russia, but at the same time it feels as if we have forgotten the most important human problems, such as Syria, And more recently, famine in Yemen. Do you think we are all responsible for what is happening around the world?

M: No, but for the most part, every tragedy has something manufactured. Wars have to exist to justify the trillions of dollars spent on nuclear weapons and armies in general. It is politicians, not people, who start wars. They do this partly because they are sure that others are mysteriously willing to die for them.

S: You have a special relationship with Mexico and the Mexican community in Los Angeles. What are your feelings about Donald Trump's policies? Do you think the wall is a real solution?

M: The wall is ridiculous because Mexico is part of the North American continent, so you can imagine how absurd it is to build a walk through, say, Philadelphia. For me it's the same thing. America would be nothing without Mexico. I can examine Hitler and wonder why the German people allowed him to flourish. Now I wonder why the United States is allowing Trump to continue. He will start a war soon, if only to get the American people to be at his side, because once there is war, you must support the troops and therefore support the president, otherwise you are not patriotic. That's the old way of building support for unpopular politicians, anyway.

S: Depression, anxiety and mental health are one of the most common problems in our day, but many people are afraid to talk about them. How was your experience fighting depression? Remembering that moment, when did you realize that it was okay to accept it as a problem? How difficult was it for you to take the first step and seek help? Do you think social stigma prevents people from doing it?

M: For me, the depression began when I was 12 or 13, and I accidentally saw a documentary on television about the slaughterhouse. I saw a little horse, or a donkey, or a pony, I do not remember who it was, and it was in a metal cage, struggling to get up, not knowing where it was, and suddenly fell to the ground tired. This image haunted me for years. He could not believe and could not accept that the human race could allow abattoirs to exist. The slaughterhouse is proof that human beings are not instinctively kind or intelligent beings. However, they say they are!

S: This year we will see the debut of the movie Shoplifters of the World , and the actor Joe Manganiello asked for your permission to participate in it. How was the approach? Have you seen any breakthroughs? Do you expect anything special about the movie?

M: I do not know anything about it, but I'd be interested to see it.

S: The induction ceremony for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is coming up, and I think you deserve a place there. Have you ever thought about it? And of all the new acts, and the bands that are heading the festivals around the world, what do you think will continue to be relevant in the next 10, 15 or 20 years?

M: Unfortunately I think the system is fixed. There are certain artists whose relevance is measured solely by the amount of prizes they receive. I've never been one of those.

S: I'm sure you know of the existence of Mexrrissey. What do you think about them?

M: I'm impressed, especially with their song "International Playgirl".

S: Why does music matter in our day? I mean, with all the problems we have around the world, poverty, war, racism, why is music important and important to anyone in this age?

M: Music matters precisely because of all those problems. Songs live much longer than people! People will always need the songs, like they need haircuts. These are two things that can not be eliminated. Good technique is not enough. There is a certain need that can only be communicated through a voice that sings, and this is the reason why you must drag yourself on stage. A song can make you understand your own life, and can make you feel more alive than you felt before listening to it. Presidents on the other hand, come and go. The singer has the power. Goodbye to censorship!

Last edited by a moderator:
'There is a certain need that can only be communicated through a voice that sings, and this is the reason why you must drag yourself on stage. A song can make you understand your own life, and can make you feel more alive than you felt before listening to it. Presidents on the other hand, come and go. The singer has the power.'

The singer has the power.

:thumb:

Last edited:
http://www.sopitas.com/734568-morrissey-entrevista-mexico-eu/

S: What have you been doing in the last few months?

Morrissey: I've been following the total terror of Trump Trouble.

S: The world has been in shock for the past 12 months: Brexit, Hillary, Trump, Russia, but at the same time it feels as if we have forgotten the most important human problems, such as Syria, And more recently, famine in Yemen. Do you think we are all responsible for what is happening around the world?

M: No, but for the most part, every tragedy has something manufactured. Wars have to exist to justify the trillions of dollars spent on nuclear weapons and armies in general. It is politicians, not people, who start wars. They do this partly because they are sure that others are mysteriously willing to die for them.

S: You have a special relationship with Mexico and the Mexican community in Los Angeles. What are your feelings about Donald Trump's policies? Do you think the wall is a real solution?

M: The wall is ridiculous because Mexico is part of the North American continent, so you can imagine how absurd it is to build a walk through, say, Philadelphia. For me it's the same thing. America would be nothing without Mexico. I can examine Hitler and wonder why the German people allowed him to flourish. Now I wonder why the United States is allowing Trump to continue. He will start a war soon, if only to get the American people to be at his side, because once there is war, you must support the troops and therefore support the president, otherwise you are not patriotic. That's the old way of building support for unpopular politicians, anyway.

S: Depression, anxiety and mental health are one of the most common problems in our day, but many people are afraid to talk about them. How was your experience fighting depression? Remembering that moment, when did you realize that it was okay to accept it as a problem? How difficult was it for you to take the first step and seek help? Do you think social stigma prevents people from doing it?

M: For me, the depression began when I was 12 or 13, and I accidentally saw a documentary on television about the slaughterhouse. I saw a little horse, or a donkey, or a pony, I do not remember who it was, and it was in a metal cage, struggling to get up, not knowing where it was, and suddenly fell to the ground tired. This image haunted me for years. He could not believe and could not accept that the human race could allow abattoirs to exist. The slaughterhouse is proof that human beings are not instinctively kind or intelligent beings. However, they say they are!

S: This year we will see the debut of the movie Shoplifters of the World , and the actor Joe Manganiello asked for your permission to participate in it. How was the approach? Have you seen any breakthroughs? Do you expect anything special about the movie?

M: I do not know anything about it, but I'd be interested to see it.

S: The induction ceremony for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is coming up, and I think you deserve a place there. Have you ever thought about it? And of all the new acts, and the bands that are heading the festivals around the world, what do you think will continue to be relevant in the next 10, 15 or 20 years?

M: Unfortunately I think the system is fixed. There are certain artists whose relevance is measured solely by the amount of prizes they receive. I've never been one of those.

S: I'm sure you know of the existence of Mexrrissey. What do you think about them?

M: I'm impressed, especially with their song "International Playgirl".

S: Why does music matter in our day? I mean, with all the problems we have around the world, poverty, war, racism, why is music important and important to anyone in this age?

M: Music matters precisely because of all those problems. Songs live much longer than people! People will always need the songs, like they need haircuts. These are two things that can not be eliminated. Good technique is not enough. There is a certain need that can only be communicated through a voice that sings, and this is the reason why you must drag yourself on stage. A song can make you understand your own life, and can make you feel more alive than you felt before listening to it. Presidents on the other hand, come and go. The singer has the power. Goodbye to censorship!

Thank you so much for sharing and the translation.
Much appreciated! :thumb:

Unsurprisingly, Mexico is nothing even with America. Go figure...

Also, did he seriously just say his depression stems from seeing a pony in a cage as a preteen boy? :lbf:

Thanks anonymous translator. Seems much more talkative in these last few interviews. Less quipy and more explanative

Also, did he seriously just say his depression stems from seeing a pony in a cage as a preteen boy? :lbf:

Morrissey is actually right if he is talking about the US stealing massive resources from Mexico in a war that began on false pretenses. Or maybe he really does mean America and not the USA. We know he doesn't much care for Canada.
Or maybe he is pandering to some of his loyal fans.
As far as the story about seeing the pony dying in a cage things like that do affect most people. But maybe he's trying to get the Brony dollar.

If Mexico is nothing even with America, there is no need to build the wall. :)
The pony, or donkey, could not stand anymore and fell on the floor of the cage.
Surely you must remember very emotional things that occurred to you when you were a pre-teen boy?
Maybe you got over it and he didn't?
Whether or not he is seriously saying things remains the question as always and I can't read Spanish and in translation things are changed.

The statement that his depression began with 12/13 reminds of this from 2006 ...

It was always very difficult for me because I was never a simple soul. The only natural course is depression, because what else can you do? You’re trapped. You’re with the people that you’re with, economically it’s a disaster and there’s absolutely no hope of you leaving or going anywhere. Hence depression. It’s like being marked out for something else. But at the age of 13 and 14 you can’t categorise or describe it to yourself. You just know that something is hellishly wrong and know that you don’t belong and were designed for something quite different. So naturally I felt depressed, because I was. I was de-pressed. I was re-pressed as anybody is who can’t be themselves.”

The statement that his depression began with 12/13 reminds of this from 2006 ...

It was always very difficult for me because I was never a simple soul. The only natural course is depression, because what else can you do? You’re trapped. You’re with the people that you’re with, economically it’s a disaster and there’s absolutely no hope of you leaving or going anywhere. Hence depression. It’s like being marked out for something else. But at the age of 13 and 14 you can’t categorise or describe it to yourself. You just know that something is hellishly wrong and know that you don’t belong and were designed for something quite different. So naturally I felt depressed, because I was. I was de-pressed. I was re-pressed as anybody is who can’t be themselves.”

40 years later, and it still feels the same with me...getting 52 within 2 weeks, so I really understand depression, and the above is very good
explained,..I didn't see a pony fall down...the reasons are as much as people with depression...

Forever Ill

40 years later, and it still feels the same with me...getting 52 within 2 weeks, so I really understand depression, and the above is very good
explained,..I didn't see a pony fall down...the reasons are as much as people with depression...

Forever Ill

I don't think the pony really is the reason for his depression. It's just an answer he comes up with to distract from the questions. He doesn't answer one single one of these 4 questions "How was your experience fighting depression? Remembering that moment, when did you realize that it was okay to accept it as a problem? How difficult was it for you to take the first step and seek help? Do you think social stigma prevents people from doing it?". I think we will learn more about his struggles from third parties when he is no more than we ever will learn from Moz himself.

Was this a legitimate interview or just another one of those emails containing questions for Steven to take all day to come up with clever answers (in his eyes only :rolleyes:)

Never has there been a better time to re-release London Steve :laughing: get Martin to email the big record big-wigs.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Was this a legitimate interview or just another one of those emails containing questions for Steven to take all day to come up with clever answers (in his eyes only :rolleyes:)

Never has there been a better time to re-release London Steve :laughing: get Martin to email the big record big-wigs.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Those email interviews are all he does now so that he doesn't drink too much and start ranting about the floodgates of immigration.
I think "Hairdresser On Fire" might be better. "home of the brash, outrageous, and free" but I can see "Do You Think You've Made The Right Decision This Time" as a t-shirt slogan maybe with Harry and his actress girlfriend.

If Mexico is nothing even with America, there is no need to build the wall. :)

I would think ILLEGAL immigration that contributes to overcrowding, depletion of resources and a significant economical drain would be reason enough. But what do I know?

This tour's gonna be great, set-list is gonna be great. It's gonna be huuuuuge.

Brutality to animals and what he witnessed at a certain age , he was just using as a marker, reaching a certain age where he became hyper aware/conscious of the cruelties of human ignorance and reality as it really is in general. And not understanding what he was seeing or starting to feel at that time he opt out by withdrawing inward.

Art is creating ones own world because one can not understand or control or find ones place in the so called real world.

Art is survival. To be an ARTIST is not a choice one makes, it is... DO OR DIE.

Those email interviews are all he does now so that he doesn't drink too much and start ranting about the floodgates of immigration.
I think "Hairdresser On Fire" might be better. "home of the brash, outrageous, and free" but I can see "Do You Think You've Made The Right Decision This Time" as a t-shirt slogan maybe with Harry and his actress girlfriend.

No, have to agree with Benny on this one.. I love Morrissey but..

Pretty easy to come up with clever answers when you've got all the time in the world to study the questions.

Put him on the spot and he clams up and claims shyness. He's a smart guy but far from witty or even quick.

Yeah is assume he's using the pony as an example of when he became aware of his depression issue and that it all stems from the reality of human cruelty

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom