America would be nothing without Mexico: an interview with Morrissey - Sopitas.com (Spanish)

“Estados Unidos no sería nada sin México”: una entrevista con Morrissey - Sopitas.com (Spanish)

Translation to English:

S: What have you been doing in the last few months?

Morrissey: I've been following the total terror of Trump Trouble.

S: The world has been in shock for the past 12 months: Brexit, Hillary, Trump, Russia, but at the same time it feels as if we have forgotten the most important human problems, such as Syria, And more recently, famine in Yemen. Do you think we are all responsible for what is happening around the world?

M: No, but for the most part, every tragedy has something manufactured. Wars have to exist to justify the trillions of dollars spent on nuclear weapons and armies in general. It is politicians, not people, who start wars. They do this partly because they are sure that others are mysteriously willing to die for them.

S: You have a special relationship with Mexico and the Mexican community in Los Angeles. What are your feelings about Donald Trump's policies? Do you think the wall is a real solution?

M: The wall is ridiculous because Mexico is part of the North American continent, so you can imagine how absurd it is to build a walk through, say, Philadelphia. For me it's the same thing. America would be nothing without Mexico. I can examine Hitler and wonder why the German people allowed him to flourish. Now I wonder why the United States is allowing Trump to continue. He will start a war soon, if only to get the American people to be at his side, because once there is war, you must support the troops and therefore support the president, otherwise you are not patriotic. That's the old way of building support for unpopular politicians, anyway.

S: Depression, anxiety and mental health are one of the most common problems in our day, but many people are afraid to talk about them. How was your experience fighting depression? Remembering that moment, when did you realize that it was okay to accept it as a problem? How difficult was it for you to take the first step and seek help? Do you think social stigma prevents people from doing it?

M: For me, the depression began when I was 12 or 13, and I accidentally saw a documentary on television about the slaughterhouse. I saw a little horse, or a donkey, or a pony, I do not remember who it was, and it was in a metal cage, struggling to get up, not knowing where it was, and suddenly fell to the ground tired. This image haunted me for years. He could not believe and could not accept that the human race could allow abattoirs to exist. The slaughterhouse is proof that human beings are not instinctively kind or intelligent beings. However, they say they are!

S: This year we will see the debut of the movie Shoplifters of the World , and the actor Joe Manganiello asked for your permission to participate in it. How was the approach? Have you seen any breakthroughs? Do you expect anything special about the movie?

M: I do not know anything about it, but I'd be interested to see it.

S: The induction ceremony for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is coming up, and I think you deserve a place there. Have you ever thought about it? And of all the new acts, and the bands that are heading the festivals around the world, what do you think will continue to be relevant in the next 10, 15 or 20 years?

M: Unfortunately I think the system is fixed. There are certain artists whose relevance is measured solely by the amount of prizes they receive. I've never been one of those.

S: I'm sure you know of the existence of Mexrrissey. What do you think about them?

M: I'm impressed, especially with their song "International Playgirl".

S: Why does music matter in our day? I mean, with all the problems we have around the world, poverty, war, racism, why is music important and important to anyone in this age?

M: Music matters precisely because of all those problems. Songs live much longer than people! People will always need the songs, like they need haircuts. These are two things that can not be eliminated. Good technique is not enough. There is a certain need that can only be communicated through a voice that sings, and this is the reason why you must drag yourself on stage. A song can make you understand your own life, and can make you feel more alive than you felt before listening to it. Presidents on the other hand, come and go. The singer has the power. Goodbye to censorship!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey is actually right if he is talking about the US stealing massive resources from Mexico in a war that began on false pretenses. Or maybe he really does mean America and not the USA. We know he doesn't much care for Canada.
Or maybe he is pandering to some of his loyal fans.

Nah, pretty sure he's just pandering.

I love the Mexican people and the country, but his statement is pretty %$#$#@# ludicrous. If you subtract all the benefit of the Mexican migrant worker doing the menial jobs that Americans seem too snobbish to endure, and weigh that against all of the negatives - border crime, economic drain from illegals, the destruction of the industrial sector via NAFTA - it would actually be pretty reasonable to argue that America would be better off WITHOUT Mexico.

Eh if everything was made in America it'd just cause the price of goods to go up. Produce cars and many other items would get more exspensive. Americas not gonna be able to compete in manufacturing with other countries who have cheaper labor to offer without rising consumer costs being a side effect which hurts americas poor the most. Nothing about nafta is going to stop automation from decimating American manufacturing jobs either. Drug cartels and drug smuggling are what's hurting America as far as Mexico is concerned imo and a wall is t going to stop that

Steven needs to wake up to the fact that sleaze Obama and perverse Hillary oversee a child sex trafficking network (look up the name "Laura Silsby" and "Hillary Clinton" if you don't believe me) and open borders are critical to enable unaccompanied children to be transported uninterrupted across state lines. Kosovo and Haiti were the trial runs, with a similar, robust child trafficking network to be implemented in the U.S. These people are truly evil - and no, I'm no fan of Trump. Morrissey typically panders to his Latino fanbase, and unfortunately, this interview is no different. And, oh, look - the verification code for this email is "pizza party".
Jahowah, help us. #pedogate

I reckon if Uncle Steve cares about animals, he can address Mexico's satanic treatment of animals and their love of meat in one of his interviews and while he's at it, maybe he can comment on Santa Muerte.

Brutality to animals and what he witnessed at a certain age , he was just using as a marker, reaching a certain age where he became hyper aware/conscious of the cruelties of human ignorance and reality as it really is in general. And not understanding what he was seeing or starting to feel at that time he opt out by withdrawing inward.

Art is creating ones own world because one can not understand or control or find ones place in the so called real world.

Art is survival. To be an ARTIST is not a choice one makes, it is... DO OR DIE.

One must make art, even in, especially in the loony bin. It's f***ing mandatory. DO OR DIE, or take a needle of Thorazine and turn to goo as the world slips by.

My father took me to a slaughterhouse that his friend owned (to get some "good" meat) at the age of 12, and I immediately became a vegetarian. People always think, "Oh, you copy Morrissey", but I still have fevered nightmares about that place, what I witnessed. I saw hell's vision of a nightmare. It cannot be unseen -- unless, I suppose, one has no soul to hold on to.

Even now, bringing the memory back to the frontal lobes, it reminds me that Jeffrey Dahmer once worked in a slaughterhouse, and, obviously, he took his work with him. I very vocally advocated that he should have been put in a hospital for study rather than a prison, because I had seen the kind of horror that he became immune to.

"It could've been me. It should've been me. Everybody knows. Everybody says so." There's the obligatory quote. Take that however you want.

The murder of animals is the most base, disgusting, and dishonorable thing that keeps the human race from advancing in any way. We all know that Einstein was a vegetarian. Future generations will look at us as the monsters we are. Ugh...

If Mexico is nothing even with America, there is no need to build the wall. :)
The pony, or donkey, could not stand anymore and fell on the floor of the cage.
Surely you must remember very emotional things that occurred to you when you were a pre-teen boy?
Maybe you got over it and he didn't?
Whether or not he is seriously saying things remains the question as always and I can't read Spanish and in translation things are changed.

It's very Nietzsche. He saw a horse die and he referred back to it on many occasions. Shaped the way he thought. Pilgrimupnorth.

Steven needs to wake up to the fact that sleaze Obama and perverse Hillary oversee a child sex trafficking network (look up the name "Laura Silsby" and "Hillary Clinton" if you don't believe me) and open borders are critical to enable unaccompanied children to be transported uninterrupted across state lines. Kosovo and Haiti were the trial runs, with a similar, robust child trafficking network to be implemented in the U.S. These people are truly evil - and no, I'm no fan of Trump. Morrissey typically panders to his Latino fanbase, and unfortunately, this interview is no different. And, oh, look - the verification code for this email is "pizza party".
Jahowah, help us. #pedogate

oh you again you f***ing brainless twat. Even your rightwing dickhead bosses were forced to admit that the pizza gate stuff was a made up farce. But you are still sticking with it for some reason.

The statement that his depression began with 12/13 reminds of this from 2006 ...

It was always very difficult for me because I was never a simple soul. The only natural course is depression, because what else can you do? You’re trapped. You’re with the people that you’re with, economically it’s a disaster and there’s absolutely no hope of you leaving or going anywhere. Hence depression. It’s like being marked out for something else. But at the age of 13 and 14 you can’t categorise or describe it to yourself. You just know that something is hellishly wrong and know that you don’t belong and were designed for something quite different. So naturally I felt depressed, because I was. I was de-pressed. I was re-pressed as anybody is who can’t be themselves.”

I was re-pressed as anybody is who can’t be themselves.
Just wondering if daddy said: "No Steven, you can't be gay" that was the cause of his depression.
Pff, pony....

"GOODBYE TO CENSORSHIP " ? ? ? ? :rofl::laughing:

Says the former lead singer of The Smiths who no longer gives interviews but is more than happy to answer questions sent to him via email so he can have complete control and censorship of his answers to support and promote his latest tin pot tour singing the same old songs over and over.
The use of very old images ? Will the audience recognise him when he walks on stage in Mexico this
weekend :eek:

What a 4kin muppet, why would anyone want to give this dickhead a recording contract ?

He's definitely up there with Trump for pillock of the year 2017 award

Keep it up Steve :popcorn:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

i don't know what your father's intention was when he took you to the slaughterhouse, but a stuttering teenage boy from the neighborhood told me that his uncle once put a knife in his hand asking him to stab the lamb they were about to prepare for a family dinner. he did as he was told by his uncle, the uncle holding his hand with the knife while both were slaughtering the animal. i asked him whether he is now a real man, he grinned lopsidedly and then nodded

My father, now dead, was an evil man who showed his only son exactly how evil and truly craven he was. I read Animal Liberation, spurred onward by a limber librarian, and whatever.

oh you again you f***ing brainless twat. Even your rightwing dickhead bosses were forced to admit that the pizza gate stuff was a made up farce. But you are still sticking with it for some reason.
Sorry for the accidental "troll" thing. I rescinded it once I realized what I had done.

I would think ILLEGAL immigration that contributes to overcrowding, depletion of resources and a significant economical drain would be reason enough. But what do I know?

That is false modesty on your part cause you are a smart guy as I found out reading your posts.
Do you really think the wall will be a solution to the problem?
I agree with you ILLEGAL immigration and the drugtrafficing, the criminal effects of that are a great problem.
Isn't part of the negative sides of capitalism, based on demand and supply in the States itself?
There is a big demand for cheap labour and drugs and if a wall would have an impact on that, it would only be the increase of the price for that.
Cheers!

Eh if everything was made in America it'd just cause the price of goods to go up. Produce cars and many other items would get more exspensive. Americas not gonna be able to compete in manufacturing with other countries who have cheaper labor to offer without rising consumer costs being a side effect which hurts americas poor the most. Nothing about nafta is going to stop automation from decimating American manufacturing jobs either. Drug cartels and drug smuggling are what's hurting America as far as Mexico is concerned imo and a wall is t going to stop that

Without illegal labor, prices would go up, correct. You have to consider, though, that prices would not be going up because it costs terribly more to pay a legal worker so much as the business wishes to maintain their profit margin. A majority of states have the constitutional power to establish price ceilings for essential goods. The problem is, however, it is not a priority of the government to regulate the same businesses who are lining their pockets. Ultimately, the government would rather perpetuate the situation because fixing the problem is of no benefit to them. Also, there used to be this form of inexpensive labor that used to exist in the U.S. Oh, gee, what was it called? Oh yeah, convicts...

In the end, the country would be able to balance out again without illegal immigrants. Look no further than California. A state that gives millions (maybe billions?) in medicaid, welfare, WIC, EBT, driver's licenses, free transportation, government housing and college tuition ALL to any illegal alien who signs up for it and who pay no money back to the government. There is no logical way to excuse any of this, yet they do anyway. This is also extremely unsustainable. Without such a massive economic drain, perhaps the country could manage to start taking care of its own citizens and start paying off some of the trillions we owe in debt.

NAFTA benefits Mexico far more than it benefits the U.S. I would be very happy if we withdrew from it. Automation hasn't come so far that it has completely eliminated the need of physical labor. Not yet at least...which is more of a reason to bring these jobs back to the country while they still exist.

Drugs aren't the only thing about Mexico that hurts the U.S., though, we do waste billions of dollars yearly trying to stop something you can't truly stop. The wall would help to an extent with that...however, it does nothing for all of the underground tunnel systems used for smuggling. A solution for that would be to use all the money and technology that the government uses to spy on its citizens on the border. These aren't complex problems to solve, which is what makes it all the more frustrating that they continue to endure at the expense of the tax payer.

That is false modesty on your part cause you are a smart guy as I found out reading your posts.
Do you really think the wall will be a solution to the problem?
I agree with you ILLEGAL immigration and the drugtrafficing, the criminal effects of that are a great problem.
Isn't part of the negative sides of capitalism, based on demand and supply in the States itself?
There is a big demand for cheap labour and drugs and if a wall would have an impact on that, it would only be the increase of the price for that.
Cheers!

Well, that is where the problem lies. As I said in another post, most of the price increase would be a result of simply maintaining a profit margin. States have anti-price gouging laws that they could use to help curb such things and make sure essential goods maintain an affordable, fair price. It isn't really a question of IF they could do it, more so why they won't do it. Capitalism isn't so much the problem as inherent greed and profiteering.

I'm a huge Morrissey supporter, I'm NOT Trump supporter, at the same time I simply don't understand why he devotes so much of his time to Trump and slams him in a similar way in EVERY interview these days.

Without illegal labor, prices would go up, correct. You have to consider, though, that prices would not be going up because it costs terribly more to pay a legal worker so much as the business wishes to maintain their profit margin. A majority of states have the constitutional power to establish price ceilings for essential goods. The problem is, however, it is not a priority of the government to regulate the same businesses who are lining their pockets. Ultimately, the government would rather perpetuate the situation because fixing the problem is of no benefit to them. Also, there used to be this form of inexpensive labor that used to exist in the U.S. Oh, gee, what was it called? Oh yeah, convicts...

In the end, the country would be able to balance out again without illegal immigrants. Look no further than California. A state that gives millions (maybe billions?) in medicaid, welfare, WIC, EBT, driver's licenses, free transportation, government housing and college tuition ALL to any illegal alien who signs up for it and who pay no money back to the government. There is no logical way to excuse any of this, yet they do anyway. This is also extremely unsustainable. Without such a massive economic drain, perhaps the country could manage to start taking care of its own citizens and start paying off some of the trillions we owe in debt.

NAFTA benefits Mexico far more than it benefits the U.S. I would be very happy if we withdrew from it. Automation hasn't come so far that it has completely eliminated the need of physical labor. Not yet at least...which is more of a reason to bring these jobs back to the country while they still exist.

Drugs aren't the only thing about Mexico that hurts the U.S., though, we do waste billions of dollars yearly trying to stop something you can't truly stop. The wall would help to an extent with that...however, it does nothing for all of the underground tunnel systems used for smuggling. A solution for that would be to use all the money and technology that the government uses to spy on its citizens on the border. These aren't complex problems to solve, which is what makes it all the more frustrating that they continue to endure at the expense of the tax payer.

Well I'm not for convict labor as I've not much faith in our justice system or prisons. We're never gonna see price regulations for essential goods, or see a large range of important goods even deemed essential (like car parts). Prices will only go up on consumer goods. Let me see them do that first then I'll withdraw my point. I'm mean this is the same government that wanted to call ketchup a vegetable for school kids so I doubt they're gonna suddenly say fresh produce is an essential good. Also even illegal immigrants pay sales tax and some even pay income tax and file returns. We could also take care of our citizens now but we won't because the wealthy need tax cuts (it's only fair). If they went after businesses that hire illegal immigrants instead of the workers people wouldn't even come here to work but they didn't want to that. Again same government that doesn't see affordable healthcare as an essential need (while providing a tax cut for the insurance companies while they're at it further draining coffers so they can say sorry the government can't afford to help you average person) simply doesn't want to take care of people. The idea that if we had no illegal immigrants then the country could take care of everyone else is a hopeless expectation from our current government. Illegals are just the current excuse for why they simply won't and it scapegoats some desperately poor families. As for automation it's coming faster and faster and expanding to almost every industry in some way and every company is investing in it. Our labor force is to unskilled for people without a college degree or they are equipped with outdated skills on outdated machines, that there's to much demand and thus will produce lower and lower wages. Unskilled labor is gonna be cheap or at least cheaper than in the past even if those jobs do come back illegals or no illegals. Itd mostly be more costly in terms of health insurance and worker safety regulations depending on where and the type of industry. As for drug cartels and drug smuggling, a wall isn't gonna remotely help. To move the tons and tons of drugs that come into the u.s. you need planes, small subs and most importantly corrupt officials and government agents. It comes smuggled in trucks that pass through gates and no wall is gonna stop this. It's more disturbing to think about the, to me, seeming faux stalemate the Mexican government seems to have with the cartels. That's the problem in my mind. The ties to cartels that politicians and officials I would think must exist

I would think ILLEGAL immigration that contributes to overcrowding, depletion of resources and a significant economical drain would be reason enough. But what do I know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a huge Morrissey supporter, I'm NOT Trump supporter, at the same time I simply don't understand why he devotes so much of his time to Trump and slams him in a similar way in EVERY interview these days.

Get used to it. It's how Steven earns his crust these days now that the songs have dried up along with his talentless backing band.
Let's not forget this is a man that professed Kate Middleton was to blame for a maternity nurse taking her own life :eek: (mad as a box of frogs)

WE INTERRUPT THIS POST TO GO A NEWSFLASH :eek: ! ! !

Donald Pump has FAILED in his attempt to scrap one of his presidential promises to scrap Obamacare :rofl:

It's a close call who will crowned "twat"of the year 2017 kids !

Q the bots to press the troll button with their limp wristed fingers :laughing: because they don't have the bollocks/brains to take the debate further.

Steven and Pump ! It's really laughable :laughing:

Benny-Benny-it's-really-laughable-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha ! Ho -Ho-Ho-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

do you think that animal liberation is still up-to-date today? i'm asking because i haven't read it yet, and wonder whether i should rather read something similar from the 21st century which describes the current state of animal activism.

I consider it "The Bible". It has been updated. Sadly, I haven't read the revised version, but just take in the quote we all know: "Animals are not ours to eat, wear, or experiment on." That's Genesis from the Old Testament right there. I recommend it for historical reasons.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom