An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Can anyone repost the link for Supernatural Superserious (Live from Athens) iTunes Pre-Order Bonus?

While I have obtained many versions of this song, I still don't know if I own this one because usually it is just listed as live.
Thank you for any help from anyone. September, 2021

Is there anyway you could reset these songs again? I spend years looking for these songs and simply gave up. Now I see, that you, a generous person, actually shared some of these songs. I would be so grateful. September, 2021

Hi there!

Here's a little package with all of those songs: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxwbqec86lbszca/some tracks.rar

Actually, almost all of them. There's controversy surrounding that "Shiny Happy People (Master Chief Mix)". I have no idea if it's even real or if it's another remix under a different name, but I could never find this one. From the promo, I have a music mix, a hip mix, a pop mix and a Tower of Luv Bug mix. Could it be one of those?

Enjoy!

Is there anyway you could reset these songs again? I spend years looking for these songs and simply gave up. Now I see, that you, a generous person, actually shared some of these songs. I would be so grateful. September, 2021

I don't have that package anymore, but lots of people downloaded that. One of them should upload it for you.

I just got the Blu-ray disc that comes together with the new edition of New Adventures. I'm still a bit confused by the whole EPK+projections thing. It's just some songs with somewhat abstract, meaningless stills (and some known and good photos) being shown. Really, nothing to see here. I also already knew "Stereophonic On Film", but other than that I have no idea what everything else is supposed to mean.

But the most baffling to me is, midway among those stills... There is part of a live show in it.

It goes like this: Kenneth / Wake-up Bomb / Country F / Undertow / LMR / MotMoon / End of World

It looks and sounds familiar, but I can't remember Road Movie very well, and I have no idea what those live songs are doing there. Do we know what show that is? And what does it mean in the context of the release? Is that part of the EPK?

I just got the Blu-ray disc that comes together with the new edition of New Adventures. I'm still a bit confused by the whole EPK+projections thing. It's just some songs with somewhat abstract, meaningless stills (and some known and good photos) being shown. Really, nothing to see here. I also already knew "Stereophonic On Film", but other than that I have no idea what everything else is supposed to mean.

But the most baffling to me is, midway among those stills... There is part of a live show in it.

It goes like this: Kenneth / Wake-up Bomb / Country F / Undertow / LMR / MotMoon / End of World

It looks and sounds familiar, but I can't remember Road Movie very well, and I have no idea what those live songs are doing there. Do we know what show that is? And what does it mean in the context of the release? Is that part of the EPK?
Any chance of you uplaoding the EPK for us? :praying:

That's because it was deleted from MediaFire a long time ago.

It's just by chance that I recently uploaded it again for a friend and it's back there at a new link:
Sorry I'm late to the party but if someone could reupload this BHJ mp3 that would be great. Thanks if you can.

Sorry I'm late to the party but if someone could reupload this BHJ mp3 that would be great. Thanks if you can.
Cancel that. No one responded so I found an mp3 rip elsewhere. Could be same one or different rip but was good enough quality for my purpose...which was to create a 'proper' lossless rip. Sounds weird? Yes, but to explain the only lossless rip out there I have ever found was by SteveMTNO who in his wisdom crossfaded the end and start of the sides. Not my cup of tea so I needed the beginnings and ends of the next best available rip to replace those 'wrong' few seconds of those 6 tracks. A tiny part would cease to be lossless but at least sound like the record as originally ripped.

Any chance of you uplaoding the EPK for us? :praying:

Nope, sorry. No more uploading to this forum for me. To me, at least, it's still a place for talking R.E.M. tho. If other people want to upload, I think everyone's welcome and everyone's thankful.

Cancel that. No one responded so I found an mp3 rip elsewhere. Could be same one or different rip but was good enough quality for my purpose...which was to create a 'proper' lossless rip. Sounds weird? Yes, but to explain the only lossless rip out there I have ever found was by SteveMTNO who in his wisdom crossfaded the end and start of the sides. Not my cup of tea so I needed the beginnings and ends of the next best available rip to replace those 'wrong' few seconds of those 6 tracks. A tiny part would cease to be lossless but at least sound like the record as originally ripped.

You simply can't make a lossless file from an MP3 (a lossy file that has already lost part of its original information). That simply can't be done. You'd end up with a fake lossy FLAC, for example. (Sorry if I sound offensive or so in any way. Not my intention. I'm just trying to inform you.)

I was wondering if someone could clarify what this thread's about?

Well, the name says "An R.E.M. thread for R.E.M. stuff" in a general Morrissey forum. I wonder what it is about.

Nope, sorry. No more uploading to this forum for me. To me, at least, it's still a place for talking R.E.M. tho. If other people want to upload, I think everyone's welcome and everyone's thankful.

You simply can't make a lossless file from an MP3 (a lossy file that has already lost part of its original information). That simply can't be done. You'd end up with a fake lossy FLAC, for example. (Sorry if I sound offensive or so in any way. Not my intention. I'm just trying to inform you.)

Well, the name says "An R.E.M. thread for R.E.M. stuff" in a general Morrissey forum. I wonder what it is about.
Thank you but I don't need you to 'inform me'! And I know what I meant and I know exactly what is lossless and what isn't. I have it as a genuine lossless rip...but the sides have been joined with cross fades. The One I Love as an example is cross faded into Jackson. I take a couple of seconds only from the mp3 and upscale it. Yes that is lossy. I then join the bare minimum of the 2 second upscaled mp3 removing the bear minimum of the genuine lossless main file. So I end up with a file that is lossless apart from less than 2 seconds and less than one percent of the total track. And the bit that isn't truly lossless is a fade in or out. The part that you would most struggle to notice isn't lossless. On a 4 sided LP it only affects 6 tracks. So I get a true rip of the vinyl that is lossless in all but a few seconds. You'd rather stick to a fully lossy rip than that? I certainly wouldn't. I'm very happy with how it has turned out as was never happy with the mock joins using cross fades so it has turned out to be a superb solution.

You'd rather stick to a fully lossy rip than that?

No, I'd probably stick to your version happily. Only, the way you phrased it before, it didn't look like you were doing a good, reasonable job -- lots of people online have no idea how lossy and lossless work, so that's why I wrote it.

Keep up your good work.

Does anybody remember a series of fan made (i think) remixes called something like "R.E.M.I.X" They were posting remixes of full albums and some were REALLY good. New Adventures I really liked, but i've been unable to track them down when they were on this thread. Been apart of this thread, mostly anon for over a decade and I wanted to say thanks to everyone involved here. I know alotta folks have left here but it's still a very important thread to me and I wanna keep it alive. If anyone could re-post/link me I'd appreciate it greatly.

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom