and my current favorite off Ringerleader is....

Harsh Truth

Ever Felt Had?
"On the Streets I Ran" Great song!

Past favorites from this year have included:

"You Have Killed me"
"In the Future When All Is Well"
"At Last I am Born"
"I Knew I Was Next"

Just in case anybody cares... which its doubtful, I know. :cool:

While not the strongest track on the album, On the Streets is also my current favourite.

I like the combination of autobiography, the propulsive chorus and the take no prisoners ending.

In the Future is always hovering in the top 3 for me as well.

Life is a Pigsty is one for the ages.

"On the Streets I Ran" is a great song. One question -- how do you interpret the following line:

"forgive me, on the streets I ran
turned sickness into popular song"

Is he saying this to the mirror, or is it the mirror's reflection telling this to him? What exactly what does this line mean anyway?

I think he's saying that he took all of his ills as a young man and put pen to paper and voice to record -- The Smiths, basically.

King Leer said:
I think he's saying that he took all of his ills as a young man and put pen to paper and voice to record -- The Smiths, basically.

OK, I think I get it. He is saying "the streets" or his environment contribute to his illness, so he wrote about it.

I think how the line was phrased threw me off.

Thank you.

It's one of my favourite tracks as well, ever since I first heard the album. Especially like the ending "take people from Pittsburg, Pensylvania, just spare me" brilliant...

mozmic_dancer said:
"On the Streets I Ran" is a great song. One question -- how do you interpret the following line:

"forgive me, on the streets I ran
turned sickness into popular song"

He means that even though The Streets' new album was in the charts at the same time as ROTT, he got to number one and The Streets didn't. He "ran on", or walked all over, The Streets.

I like every song off the whole album except..Dear God, Please Help Me. I cannot even get through the whole song without skipping to another one.

ahh... like it but not one of my favorites. just one line that so much annoys me: "the day you croak it's no joke". it sounds like he was just trying to find words that rhyme...

Mad Vespa said:
I have to skip just one sone "The Father who Must Be Killed", just not for me.

I hated that song at first also. But after listening to the lyrics it is now one of my favorites.

I was initially attracted to You Have Killed Me, but now I like Life Is a Pigsty the best.

I Will See You in Far off Places is such a haunting song. It's like a premonition about the future, very disturbing. It's hard to get that one out of one's head.

Mad Vespa said:
I have to skip just one sone "The Father who Must Be Killed", just not for me.

I was exactly the same until hearing it live.

My current favourite is and always has been The Youngest Was The Most Loved. :D ;)

I am backing 'Dear God' and 'Father Who Must'
initially I was into 'In The Future' alot...

they are all good to me though!

Denia said:
ahh... like it but not one of my favorites. just one line that so much annoys me: "the day you croak it's no joke". it sounds like he was just trying to find words that rhyme...

well he could've sang, "untill the day you die, it's no lie" but I think this is funnier....

i take it you are all younger than 37 - its obviously 'Pigsty' it most often goes without saying - sorry about the age thing, but it rings true. :) oh god feel so old, see u all in B'ham Tomoz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom