Andrew Paresi tracks drums on Alain Whyte's Mute Witness premiere (May 22, 2020)

Spencer will always be my favorite Morrissey drummer but I have to give Paresi his due. He is perhaps the most creative drummer Moz has worked with.

He's a man of many talents & very likeable too. As far as drums are concerned he's obviously very highly skilled and I'm sure it's mentioned in the boogaloo session that he impressed Moz in being able to do something very difficult on the drums which Moz didn't think was possible, or that Paresi could manage.

The other part I liked on his chat with Julie in the boogaloo thing was when he was regaling a story about playing some tracks (Ouija Board maybe) in the studio, or something, & Paresi, recalling the "magical moment", in total awe of Moz, says "And then we did THIS...& the result was just awesome"...intro into Yes, I am Blind. Brilliant.

(Songwriters: Andy Rourke / Steven Patrick Morrissey)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has appeared on here somewhere already, so apologies if it has:

Andrew Paresi: I Was Morrissey’s Drummer

Picks up on the Smiths c.07:00 mins - "dressed like a sack of 5hit"
Even features Quantick...who confesses to liking Disappointed...& Kill Uncle!! shock horror.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to grin when he unconsciously pulled some "player faces" at certain parts. I recall Andrew humorously recounting in an interview circa 2002-2004 that he later asked Morrissey why he never asked him to be his touring drummer. Morrissey responded point blank that it was because of the way Andrew's mouth would open awkwardly when he was playing, i.e., suggesting that it was not charismatic enough for the stage act.

What has Paresi done since - any links to noteworthy stuff

I had to grin when he unconsciously pulled some "player faces" at certain parts. I recall Andrew humorously recounting in an interview circa 2002-2004 that he later asked Morrissey why he never asked him to be his touring drummer. Morrissey responded point blank that it was because of the way Andrew's mouth would open awkwardly when he was playing, i.e., suggesting that it was not charismatic enough for the stage act.
Honesty is never popular.
The harsh truth, etc.

Very little musically post-Moz - it looks as though he has essentially retired from the music scene and is now trying to make a career as a comedy writer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_McGibbon

Mind you -once you've drummed for Bucks Fizz, where is there to go but down?
That wiki article is way too long, as there’s nothing of note post 1992

That wiki article is way too long, as there’s nothing of note post 1992
Yes - the only way it would be that long and detailed is if the subject is also the author - no one else would possibly care bout that level of detail on what are clearly very minor projects. I understand people want to try and promote their careers, but it does come across as slightly tragic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom