Anonymous Users

Maybe if you don't know what something is, you should go spouting off about how horrible is. But you seem to also like to talk about things you know little about, so that's not surprising.

tumblr_mp8l0ogXm91stnucso1_500.gif

The IP hash is currently a quick hack, I don't have plans at the moment to add more functionality. The Gamersoul search seems to only work on the current page so doesn't seem that useful.

Cool. One question though, the Gamersoul site had the hash as a link so you could see the posters history. Is that doable?

One thing to also keep in mind, most people connect to the web via proxy for NAT IPs. If two people are posting anonymously through the same proxy they will probably appear to be a single user. Not a huge deal probably.

If one poster has several different hashes, does it mean one's the phone, one's the home, one's at work, etc?

Yes, that could be the case. A user could also use different proxies that will result in a different hash.

If one poster has several different hashes, does it mean one's the phone, one's the home, one's at work, etc?

Just read your message, David.
Glad to my post was taken into consideration and has been implemented on this forum!

I do believe it's a good idea that helps out. The one thing I did like about GamerSoul's system was that they had a User Hash
which is basically the same thing as the IP hash, but instead registers the computer's ID. I forgot the correct terminology.

In other words, the person can change IPs and proxies, but their computer ID will always be the same.
So if the person decided to post anonymously with a different IP. The IP will be different, but the User Hash will be the same due
to the fact that they're still on the same computer.

Morrissey-Solo and GamerSoul are two totally different forums that cater to two entirely different things, so the User Hash/IP Hash is more of a necessity on GamerSoul than it is here.

Regardless, it's nice to see a few others agree with it.

David,

I'm sorry. I did not understand the hashtag thing. Please accept my apology.
This does not mean I agree. I'm just sorry I went off that day...to that extent.
CG, RB, everyone, I'm sorry. I did not take me meds.

i post as an anon because it seems the moment i register all people focus on is me and not whats being said. plus the regulars dont inspire much confidence of a community in me. i agree that i mostly see a lot of hate and anger which i just want no part of. i want to be an adult and act like one and not be drawn into pointless bickering and name calling. ive no problem with the hash tag bit though

Back
Top Bottom