April 2011 Mojo

That's kind of you, Joe. That last page, before the taster extract of the profile on Dusty Springfield, shows what Robert Wyatt said, which reportedly met with maximum favour from Morrissey who praised it as the best thing anyone had written about him.

One Tome McGeveran, of Capital NYC, supplies his own little collection of memories and reflections on The Queen is Dead:
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/culture/2011/03/1525537/recreate-anticipation-queen-dead-me

"Oh That's kind of you Joe," says GoingHome. Let us not forget this is the same person who WHINES about people downloading the odd Morrissey song. Unbelievable. One person's gift is another's piracy - but how can it be both for the same person?

This, people, is why Mozza hates this site. Pure ignorance.

"Oh That's kind of you Joe," says GoingHome. Let us not forget this is the same person who WHINES about people downloading the odd Morrissey song. Unbelievable. One person's gift is another's piracy - but how can it be both for the same person?

This, people, is why Mozza hates this site. Pure ignorance.

Unless, 'people', Mozza has shares in EMAP plc, publishers of 'Mojo', I would suggest that the posting of magazine scans is not exactly one of the primary reasons why he has such antipathy towards this site. Pure mental.

Wow - Robert Wyatt's words about Morrissey's (formally) uneducated intellectualism encapsulates it beautifully.
I posted a poll earlier this year which provoked some passionate responses about whether Morrissey was a better lyricist because he didn't go to uni.

Unless, 'people', Mozza has shares in EMAP plc, publishers of 'Mojo', I would suggest that the posting of magazine scans is not exactly one of the primary reasons why he has such antipathy towards this site. Pure mental.

You didn't understand the point. The point is not anger about intellectual property theft. The point is that the same person (GH) complains bitterly about people downloading the odd Mozza song they've bought seventeen times already on various albums - claiming this is one of the reasons Morrissey doesn't like this site - and then applauds when someone violates MOJO's legal rights. It's the hypocrisy and lack of intellectual consistency I object to, not the intellectual property theft!

Back
Top Bottom