Are we expecting any ‘Bonfire’ songs in the upcoming tour?

Tbevie

Girl afraid
If I remember correctly, Moz was playing YATQ songs live a year or so before he signed with Attack and released the album. Are we expecting him to premier any new songs?

yes i said this weeks ago.he will play at least two in vegas.the first will be I Am Veronica ,cant say who told me this but his name begins with a letter of the alphabet.

I'm expecting at least one or two. I know he still has 'Dog on a Chain' to tour properly, but these are big showcase gigs for Morrissey, and he is currently without a record label. Presumably he'll be trying to woo a few industry folk who will be attending these shows - not just with decent crowds, but by showcasing the new material he has, and trying to convince people he's worth signing.

If I remember correctly, Moz was playing YATQ songs live a year or so before he signed with Attack and released the album. Are we expecting him to premier any new songs?
At that point he hadn't released an album in 5 years and had toured with no new songs in 99/00 on the Oye Esteban tour so playing some YATQ songs before he had a record deal makes sense.

Because covid ended the Dog on a Chain tour before it really started I suspect he will focus on that material along with California Son. I think he will hold off on the Bonfire songs but you never know. I'd say 80% no, 20% yes as my gut feeling.

Source: I'm making this shit up like the rest of us.

The only reason I think possibly is b/c he's without a record deal now and as pointed out it could be an opportunity to highlight something new for industry folks. Having said that when I saw him in late 2019... he didn't play anything from Dog on a Chain. In general, it seems like it was more common to play unreleased material in the pre-social media/youtube days.

According to Caesars ....

“Don't miss Morrissey's Las Vegas residency from August 28th - September 5th. The show will serve as an intimate, invigorating dive into his expansive career from his early days to the new album.”

Which doesn’t mean he actually will. And I don’t know what they mean by ‘new album’.

Hope he does ‘I Am Veronica’ he seemed to be very happy about that one.

SAM:
'I Am Veronica' is so clever, and so catchy, it sounds like your biggest chance at a worldwide hit … even more than 'First Of The Gang To Die', or 'This Charming Man'. It is better than both of those songs.

M:
I've had so much sorrow in my life recently but I listen to 'I Am Veronica' and, as frightening as this sounds, it seems to shine such a positive light and I begin to understand all the good things about my life. Now, that might sound silly, but I forget very easily that there are a few things in life that I am actually good at, and 'I Am Veronica' makes me understand why I persist, or why I do what I do. I love the song so much.

Last edited:
I'm expecting at least one or two. I know he still has 'Dog on a Chain' to tour properly, but these are big showcase gigs for Morrissey, and he is currently without a record label. Presumably he'll be trying to woo a few industry folk who will be attending these shows - not just with decent crowds, but by showcasing the new material he has, and trying to convince people he's worth signing.
The only reason I think possibly is b/c he's without a record deal now and as pointed out it could be an opportunity to highlight something new for industry folks. Having said that when I saw him in late 2019... he didn't play anything from Dog on a Chain. In general, it seems like it was more common to play unreleased material in the pre-social media/youtube days.

Yes, but I wonder if ‘industry folk’ even know what a new Morrissey song is ? Would they actually know his catalogue well enough to differentiate? I doubt it. Unless of course he announces it, which is a possibility.

I thought there would be two new songs and that one of them might be rebels for the riot fest show

Back
Top Bottom