Article: Jo Brand wants Morrissey to star in her new film, a TV adaptation of her book "The More You

I wonder if she ever saw his infamous little cameo in Brookside South? :lbf:

Jo Brand wants singer Morrissey in her new film - Unrealitytv

Comedienne Jo Brand has revealed that she wants singer Morrissey to star in her new film, which is a TV adaptation of her book, The More You Ignore Me.

Jo has reportedly been commissioned by the BBC to adapt her novel, which centres on a troubled young girl who finds comfort in Morrissey’s music, and Jo would like the man himself to play the part.

She said, “I’ve just completed the final draft of the script based on one of my novels, which the BBC has commissioned as a 90-minute film.

“I’m really, really pleased about that. I’m going to try to get Morrissey to play the vicar in it, but I’m not holding out much hope.”

Jo is also about to star in Jo Brand’s Big Splash, a comedy series in which she tries out all manner of water based activities.

She told What’s On TV, “Basically it was quite nice swimming ideas at the beginning and then it metamorphosed into horrible ideas.

“I was tortured in various forms of water or made to jump off things or generally humiliated!”

Jo Brand’s Big Splash will air on Dave from September 22.

jo-brand-191x300.jpg

Also:
Link posted at somedizzywhore.com:
Jo Brand wants Morrissey in film - Belfast Telegraph

Related items:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be fun as hell to see that. Love her laidback lazy style of stand up comedy and her sense of humour.

Every bit as fun as watching Man United beating Leeds tonight!

Urban the mad swede (the more you ignite me the more I become a closet git)

By the way this tune is for my old mates in the chat who like me still have the 80's in their lungs!

My home boy Henric de la Cour has finally left his dracula coffin for a while to record his solo debut and this is the tune "80's".

I would like a guest role in this TV adaptation as well. Will it be on Masterpiece? Speaking of TV, last night I voted for Ricki Lake on Dancing with the Stars because she was such a great supporter on alt.music.smiths back in the day.

Very slim chance of him doing it well zero chance actually :D, but i really would like to see him in it actually.

Re: Article: Jo Brand wants Morrissey to star in her new film, a TV adaptation of her

I know what Brookside is, but whats Brookside 'South'?

It was a spin-off of the original show, as far as I know.

does any one remember the soap opera were Moz "apperead"? (you get the idea)

the line was "oh you're Morrissey" the he said "i know", or something like that....

Re: Article: Jo Brand wants Morrissey to star in her new film, a TV adaptation of her

the line was "oh you're Morrissey" the he said "i know", or something like that....

Yeah that was the brookside spin off, brookside south.

She is funny like Moz is a pants man.

If she is always acting so bored, why bother?

Okay, I have this man's name on my arm (Since the late 80's [Can't remember the exact year now- must be gettin' old]) which means I should be a Moz fanatic of which I AM NOT; I just listen to his music 95% of the time. Anyhow, I, for the first time, saw the Brookside South clip and wow, he has such good acting skills and stage presence! This may be the overstatement of the year for this site but, I think he may have missed another call. Had he committed to acting, I think he could have been a superstar in that area. I know I know...where have I been?...under a rock when it comes to the Brookside South clip but hey, for a long time during those years, I was pickling my liver in clubs and bars- I was pickling something else too. :D Where am I going with this? Oh ya, it's never too late for anything. Best! Don't tell my wife you saw me here.

maybe he get's more text with Jo Brand's movie:thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom