Article: Morrissey wins 2015 "Bad Sex in Fiction" award for love scenes in debut novel "List of the

Morrissey wins bad sex award for love scenes in debut novel List of the Lost - The Guardian
Singer’s description of a ‘giggling snowball of full-figured copulation’ helped him gain dubious victory
by Nicola Slawson

Excerpt:

Singer Morrissey’s reference to a “bulbous salutation” in his debut novel has helped him win the bad sex award.

Sex scenes in his book List of the Lost swayed the judges, it was announced at a lavish ceremony presented by Nancy Dell’Olio on Tuesday.

Established in 1993 by the Literary Review’s then editor, Auberon Waugh, the aim of the Bad Sex in Fiction awards is to draw attention to “poorly written, perfunctory or redundant passages of sexual description in modern fiction” with the hope of discouraging them.

...Morrissey, who follows in the footsteps of Melvyn Bragg, Rachel Johnson and Sebastian Faulks in winning the dubious award, was unable to attend due to touring commitments. He was also unavailable for comment.

UPDATE Dec. 3:

Excerpt from CNN article:

Morrissey was not able to attend the lavish ceremony in London, citing a busy touring schedule.

The organizer joked that this was down to the decision to serve meat canapés -- Morrissey is a die-hard vegetarian.

Music critic Charles Shaar Murray accepted the prize on Morrissey's behalf.

Murray said: "Ladies and gentleman in an ideal world, this award would be received by Morrissey. Or by somebody who publishes Morrissey. Or by somebody who likes Morrissey.

"Unfortunately no such person could be found."

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Morrissey wins 2015 Bad Sex Award

Just checking but is Steven still the number one for shit sex writing ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Morrissey should be thrown into the sea.

best
BB

o the SILLY B's... deputy and sheriff of THE CULT OF HATE,

Attached by the umbilical cord of love...To HIM you'll be forever attached ...to your very end.

With every post of yours...keep trying to cut away, but it's useless.

:straightface:

Last edited:

o the SILLY B's... deputy and sheriff of THE CULT OF HATE,

Attached by the umbilical cord of love...To HIM you'll be forever attached ...to your very end.

With every post of yours...keep trying to cut away, but it's useless.

:straightface:

For someone who openly boasts that they live in their own privately created reality you seem to be inordinately interested in mine. Why is that? It's because "all you need is BB".

best
BB

Morrissey's mother should have put the umbilical cord around his neck at birth and strangled him. She can make amends by garotting him with the xmas tree lights in a few weeks. Poor woman who truly spawned a monster. One can only feel compassion for her plight as she digests the fact that her son is a ghoulish troll who thinks it's lulz to compare a brief unpleasantness at SF airport to the plight of ISIS's victims. The true cruelty of Morrissey's unhinged remarks is surely the effect on his nearest family.

Morrissey should be thrown into the sea.

best
BB

For someone who openly boasts that they live in their own privately created reality you seem to be inordinately interested in mine. Why is that? It's because "all you need is BB".

best
BB

please. :lbf: Don't flatter yourself! I'm just here to debunk the so called 'debunkers'.

NEXT !

You know, the "love-making" between Ezra and Eliza has all the awkwardness of the real deal, the barrel-rolling, mark missing, nicknaming feeble endeavour that haunts some people's first experiences. In this respect I felt it was right on the target. For such a scene to be recognized with, oh gosh, an award seems fitting. But whatever

My first experience of sex was pretty inept, but even I didn't manage to barrel-roll my detachable tits.

You know, the "love-making" between Ezra and Eliza has all the awkwardness of the real deal, the barrel-rolling, mark missing, nicknaming feeble endeavour that haunts some people's first experiences. In this respect I felt it was right on the target. For such a scene to be recognized with, oh gosh, an award seems fitting. But whatever

Great point, not every sexual interaction is like a Hollywood love scene.

please. :lbf: Don't flatter yourself! I'm just here to debunk the so called 'debunkers'.

NEXT !

That isn't even a possibility for you. You openly proclaim you live in your own private reality, therefore all of your attempts to 'debunk the debunkers' only debunks yourself. Think about it.

best
BB

UPDATE Dec. 3:

Morrissey was not able to attend the lavish ceremony in London, citing a busy touring schedule.

The organizer joked that this was down to the decision to serve meat canapés -- Morrissey is a die-hard vegetarian.

Murray said: "Ladies and gentleman in an ideal world, this award would be received by Morrissey. Or by somebody who publishes Morrissey. Or by somebody who likes Morrissey.

UPDATE Dec. 3:

:lbf: good show bad sex award good show

UPDATE Dec. 3:

'no such person could be found' I'm sure there are a few here(like the Silly B's) at Solo who would have gladly accepted this award in M's behalf... BECAUSE it would have been the only award that they'll ever receive in their lifetime. :straightface:

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom