Article: "The Smiths -- Complete" Super Deluxe Collectors Box from Rhino, limited to 3000 (estimated

Update (July 27, 9:10AM PT):
Link is back up with additional details and images. Info on the CD and vinyl boxsets have been posted also.

24563_large.jpg

The Smiths Complete (CD Boxset), Mon 26 Sep 2011 - £34.99
The Smiths Complete (Vinyl Boxset), Mon 03 Oct 2011 - £149.99

Update (July 27, 7:35AM PT):
As noted by several in the comments section, the links to the item have been removed from the Rhino site.

Sorry if this has been talked about/posted already. I received this little nugget today from a friend, looks very interesting, but the price (£249) scares me away:

http://www.rhino.co.uk/thesmithscomplete.htm

thesmithsrhinosplashpage.jpg

Also listed in the ad are vinyl boxsets (limited to 1000) and CD boxsets

Link posted by The Seeker of Good Songs (original post):
‘The Smiths — Complete’ box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD - Slicing Up Eyeballs

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "The Smiths -- Complete" Super Deluxe Collectors Box from Rhino, limited

Vile extortion! Let's hope the dead link means this release is not going to see the light of day.
The dead link means that in a few days time it will be on the website. That was just a test.
Cheers Moz

Colour me interested in this CD only box set if the price is right for that (my Smiths CDs are smashed of jewel case and slightly scratched from years of Discman use on lonely bus commutes) I'm potentially in the market for new versions of these, I guess. But £250 to own them all in three formats, that's just excessive. We're not all Elton John FFS

Re: Article: "The Smiths -- Complete" Super Deluxe Collectors Box from Rhino, limited

Vile extortion! Let's hope the dead link means this release is not going to see the light of day.

Why not ?
You don't have to buy it.
People who want it to buy, just buy.

3,000 x £24.99 = £747,000 - a nice littler earner for Joyce.

3,000 x £24.99 = £747,000 - a nice littler earner for Joyce.

This actually comes with every vinyl release as well... The extortion is in the $105 to ship it to the U.S. But, all things considered, you get everything...

I am really 'over' whether or not Morrissey urges to not buy it. He's a major hypocrite. "I'll check you for meat as you enter my concert, but I will lavish Lady Gaga with love and praise and ignore that she wore a suit made of meat for fashion, angering Peta...(to which he belongs)"

Hopefully they will not just turn up the volume and brickwall the songs like on many remasters these days. If the engineer is given freedom to do his job and isn't pressured by the label, these will be sonically amazing.

For a limited edition of 3000, there is no way that the time will be devoted to remastering them.

actually you are wrong... FRANK ARKWRIGHT Tweeted a few months ago... "spending weeks in the studio with Johnny remastering 8 Smiths albums and 50 unheard Smiths tracks... "

I like how the poor and broke are coming up with as many excuses as possible to denounce this so they don't have to want it as much.

It sounds glorious. It should be less costly, but sounds glorious. Especially with Frank Arkwright's news of 50 unheard tracks directly from Johnny.

Easier to respect those who say "It's expensive" than trying to say "But Morrissey doesn't approve it! Re-issue repackage." Who cares. It's remastered Smiths. Not every remaster over-uses Peak Limiting (volume increases). Many do, but not all...

I'm not buying anything Smiths Rhino, not after their atrocious QiD LP with the bad cover photo and revised fonts/layout on the gatefold. A/B it with the RT pressing and see for yourself. This box is a totally shameless cash grab.

Last edited:
So Paul has returned. Hitler with a hairy chest and a sneaky trout pout posting for three hours per day every day from a public library terminal near Wigan. You couldn't make it up. Still, thank God for limitations on internet access in public libraries... things could be a lot worse. Having said that, one could equally blame Andrew Rourke or Joyce - after all they were the source of many of the rumours (postcards windscreen wipers etc), and, indeed as we all know, Joyce is responsible for close to 20% of all the anti-Morrissey comments on the so-low place. Or why not blame Petriditis? Not for naming himself after a sexually transmitted infection, of course, but rather for inspiring a new generation of Morrissey haters with his vacuous review of Years of Refusal and for comparing When Last I Spoke To Carol to 'Bigmouth Strikes Again, only with Manuel from Fawlty Towers on Spanish guitar.' Or perhaps we should blame Ian/Moby for being a dreary c*nt? Or then again, what about Vic Reeves who is never logged off the so-low place. Never sleeps. Night or day. You'll see Vic's name logged on in the forum where he resides as a moderator. It's sad what drugs will do.

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Off-topic/Troll-post

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll wait a few weeks before requesting you do not purchase that Smiths box set at a ridiculously inflated price of over £200. On the other hand, as much as I'm against charging the proles inflated rates for luxury goods, don't let me stop you if you can afford it in the meantime. I'm not a judgemental type. Of course your money might be better spent on fighting death and disease in the third world. But ultimately it's your choice and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. So, as I say, I will issue that 'do not purchase' request via TTY.net, but not just at the mo, if it's all the same to you... busy touring, you know, a book to write too... a lot on my mind actually... so please don't let me put you off, if it is affordable on your own personal budget... and I promise I'll issue the aforementioned notice in, say, oh... three or four weeks. Now that notice to TTY.net needs to be done properly, you know... it's not just a case of scribbling down a few words about the box set and then moaning about the record company... more to it than that. It has to be shown to the old legal eagles, approved by management, all that dreary stuff. I wouldn't want to offend anyone or be sued again... or worse - spelling mistakes. God help me. That would knock a good £100 k off the autobiography advance easily... It's like walking a tightrope, being famous; like walking a ruddy bloody tightrope with no safety net underneath...

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

Very interesting with the 7 inch versions :

Reel Around The Fountain b/w Jeane
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out b/w Half A Person
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others b/w The Draize Train
Hand In Glove b/w I Don’t Owe You Anything

A nice box , i pay 11 pounds post and packing to the Netherlands.

Maybe i will do it.
But what is the " 50 unheard Smiths tracks... " are the bonus on the cd's ?

Last edited:
Gee...just 250.00GBP?? That's about $450.00 plus, plus.... Th'e's nothing like the original from the creators themselves. We find it very interesting that NO Smiths Reunion & that's cool...BUT O.K. to re-issue these Smiths lps over and over and over...For Christ sake...IT"S OVER !

actually you are wrong... FRANK ARKWRIGHT Tweeted a few months ago... "spending weeks in the studio with Johnny remastering 8 Smiths albums and 50 unheard Smiths tracks... "

I've just looked at his tweet timeline, and from what I can see what he actually said (in March 2010) was...

delivering 7 remastered Smiths albums and 50 extra tracks

50 extra tracks? Hmm, 25 x 7" singles (in the complete box set), with two tracks on each...;)

I've just looked at his tweet timeline, and from what I can see what he actually said (in March 2010) was...

50 extra tracks? Hmm, 25 x 7" singles (in the complete box set), with two tracks on each...;)

Not extra tracks, Frank speaking about " 50 unheard Smiths tracks "

Am I right in thinking there are a few Smith's songs not on any album? I keep Mine Hidden, Work is a Four Letter Word, and some cover versions? I never heard these...

I bet you pay 50 pounds more then if you just buy them apart.

Not extra tracks, Frank speaking about " 50 unheard Smiths tracks "

Not in his tweets he didn't, unless he's deleted it since. Rather a co-incidence that he DID tweet about '50 extra tracks' and there ARE 50 extra tracks in the complete box set, don't you think? Maybe you should go back and check...

Oh yes , just placed my order......long live the smiths.

Roll on the 3rd October

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom