back to the old house

northernleech

i had to go on a speed awareness course today near to where i grew up as kid from the age of 2 - 15 and not wanting to be late ( or have to speed to get there) i ended up getting there too early . i decided to kill some time by detouring past my "old house" . i parked in the street and had a brief walk around the house and lots of childhood memories came flooding back . It made me feel quite melancholic (it was a very grey day) , although i have mainly good memories of that time ! then tonight i have been looking at a link on here to old manchester/morrissey haunts and there was the kings road section and i thought i would share my experience with you ! anyhoo .. my question is has anyone else revisited childhood haunts (it's 24 years since i moved ) and how did it make you feel ?

not so much my old house but my mother's old house. She was born in Reading in 1964, all the family lived there until they moved to certain other parts of England round about 1965. None of them had been there since they came back to Ireland. Visiting my good friend in Reading in April, we went and found the house which was still standing. Strange experience, but nice nevertheless. :)

Back
Top Bottom