BBC 4 "The People's History of Pop 1976-1985" featuring The Smiths

Very nice to see some fellow fans talking about The Smiths.

Particularly I envy the guy who got 1983 Camden Dingwall gig's setlist which he also got autographs from Morrissey and Johnny.

Smiths segment on YouTube posted by Irregular Regular:

Also posted by Uncleskinny:

Can be watched here... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07ycbr8

Smiths section, including Angie Cooke, starts at 45:13

Last edited by a moderator:
Can be watched here... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07ycbr8

Smiths section, including Angie Cooke, starts at 45:13

uMoIYTy.jpg

I reckon she reminds me of Bookman aka "buffalo butt" from Good Times. Why did those guys playing kickball paint their legs white? What a horrible place. No wonder Morrissey lives in LA.

I reckon she reminds me of Bookman aka "buffalo butt" from Good Times. Why did those guys playing kickball paint their legs white? What a horrible place. No wonder Morrissey lives in LA.

Congratulations. You possess the wit of a twit.

Not nice. There's not even a subtext. You would never, ever have said anything like this had the lady in the clip been white. And for that reason, you are a racist shit.

f***ing great clip. Great story from the two that say them at Dingwalls.

Not nice. There's not even a subtext. You would never, ever have said anything like this had the lady in the clip been white. And for that reason, you are a racist shit.

She reminds of Bookman..period. There is nothing racist about that. She could of looked like "prince" Willy's wife and I could of said she looks like Olive Oil or another "prince" and I could of said he looks like Dennis the Menace. This has nothing to do with race. Obviously you live in "the UK", the most racist country in the world.

saw the clip which Irregular Regular posted on the forums yesterday, what a collection, and wonderfull how the guy sneaked through security and met them again after Dingwalls, lovely clip with just people like us, thanks for the clip

You and I, in fact everyone all over the world,
we’re literally African under the skin; brothers and sisters
separated by a mere two thousand generations.
Old-fashioned concepts of race are not only socially divisive,
but scientifically wrong.

Dr. Spencer Wells, Genographic Project lead scientist.

Yes. If you install that in Firefox you can mark your location as UK and then watch the full video. It's worth it. The whole thing is good. I watched a couple other music programs there, too.
Cool Thanks. The Smiths clip looks great and very well done.

Back
Top Bottom