• yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • no

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • other people think so, but they are wrong

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just think people should look clean, mainly. If that's a narrow definition, then so be it. For me it's all about hygiene and style.

I agree but not everyone has style but the majority of people do have access to soap and water.

...serious dental work is necessary, but pointless til I am clean and sober for at least 90 days, alrite?...
May I suggest something? If you have desire to be clean and sober, perhaps you should start that difficult journey by not frequenting or working in a place that contributes to such activity. May your journey be a successful one.

May I suggest something? If you have desire to be clean and sober, perhaps you should start that difficult journey by not frequenting or working in a place that contributes to such activity. May your journey be a successful one.

actually, now that I have been so vocal about my desire to stay clean and sober for at least 90 days :straightface:
well, many of the people I go to clubs with have been quite supportive
as well as most of my co workers, most are use to me smiling which I despise doing now
I must fix my teeth and I simply cannot go through with the 3 scheduled root canals in mid july(I'd like to do them on the old date of my former anniversary since I am gonna be in pain anyways :p)
but all this depends on me massively reducing the amount of pain reliever necessary to do the operations :eek:
also, reading back to the honest responses about ugliness, thank you all, I know I was not alone in feeling this here, and I hope a path to not being ugly(or at least our feeling much less ugly) is open to all
2nd to lastly, Scarlet I. mentioned the high standard for beauty her at Moz Solo, omg! how I beg to differ, its nothing like the Goth clubs of L.A. in which simply everyone is beautiful :cool:
and for a while I got by here in the S.F. ones where its only around 75-80 % real pretty people, but with the tooth loss and the just way too many people staring at me like I dont belong, well, it just got to me is all
still, I suppose I get, in theory, where Scarlet I. is coming from, I have just not lived in the world of "normal looking people" for a long, long, long time maybe :confused:

ps: I really did not make this thread to read anyone say nice things about me, thanks and all, but I do, sort of, skip right through those comments :o

actually, now that I have been so vocal about my desire to stay clean and sober for at least 90 days :straightface:
well, many of the people I go to clubs with have been quite supportive
as well as most of my co workers, most are use to me smiling which I despise doing now
I must fix my teeth and I simply cannot go through with the 3 scheduled root canals in mid july(I'd like to do them on the old date of my former anniversary since I am gonna be in pain anyways :p)
but all this depends on me massively reducing the amount of pain reliever necessary to do the operations :eek:
also, reading back to the honest responses about ugliness, thank you all, I know I was not alone in feeling this here, and I hope a path to not being ugly(or at least our feeling much less ugly) is open to all
2nd to lastly, Scarlet I. mentioned the high standard for beauty her at Moz Solo, omg! how I beg to differ, its nothing like the Goth clubs of L.A. in which simply everyone is beautiful :cool:
and for a while I got by here in the S.F. ones where its only around 75-80 % real pretty people, but with the tooth loss and the just way too many people staring at me like I dont belong, well, it just got to me is all
still, I suppose I get, in theory, where Scarlet I. is coming from, I have just not lived in the world of "normal looking people" for a long, long, long time maybe :confused:

ps: I really did not make this thread to read anyone say nice things about me, thanks and all, but I do, sort of, skip right through those comments :o

why do you have a goal of 90 days? i mean, cuz then what? either you want to be sober or you don't. dont set goals like that, cuz they will seem impossible some days. just take it one day at a time. sorry i sound like an AA meeting, but its true. what happens after 90s days? you have a celebratory drink? kinda counter productive. i think seeker is right about the whole job choice thing, but i realize its hard to get a job these days, but if you are serious about staying clean, you should really be open to other options. your coworkers might be supportive by not offering you drinks or whatever, but its still in your face every day. i know i wouldnt be able to do it.

why do you have a goal of 90 days? i mean, cuz then what? either you want to be sober or you don't. dont set goals like that, cuz they will seem impossible some days. just take it one day at a time. sorry i sound like an AA meeting, but its true. what happens after 90s days? you have a celebratory drink? kinda counter productive. i think seeker is right about the whole job choice thing, but i realize its hard to get a job these days, but if you are serious about staying clean, you should really be open to other options. your coworkers might be supportive by not offering you drinks or whatever, but its still in your face every day. i know i wouldnt be able to do it.

Hey, you know what? At least he has a goal...at least he is trying. If he is able to get through 90 days of being sober, he is proving to himself that he can get through three months of his life w/ out being under the influence of any substance. A lot of addicts relapse during that time period. Cheers to him for three months sobriety!! :thumb:
And if he should relapse...he should dust himself off and try again. It's like learning to ride a bike w/ out training wheels...you need them for a while, but the more determined you are to be independent of them the greater the opportunity of success...

what happens after 90s days? you have a celebratory drink? kinda counter productive.

That's a very good point. :thumb:

But,best of luck,Robbie.
Why do you want to be abstinent ?

Hey, you know what? At least he has a goal...at least he is trying. If he is able to get through 90 days of being sober, he is proving to himself that he can get through three months of his life w/ out being under the influence of any substance. A lot of addicts relapse during that time period. Cheers to him for three months sobriety!! :thumb:
And if he should relapse...he should dust himself off and try again. It's like learning to ride a bike w/ out training wheels...you need them for a while, but the more determined you are to be independent of them the greater the opportunity of success...

I wasnt trying to put robbie down. ask any addiction counselor. giving yourself a "time period" is a bad idea. you take it "one day at a time." im glad he wants to have a period of sobriety, but if you are truely an addict, you cant just go three months, be like "ok i did good!" then start drinking again, cuz youre just gonna end up back where you were.

Zoolander.jpg

I decided to give up alcohol for a bit last week, in a bid to lose some weight. Didn't specify an exact time frame, but thought maybe six months or so. I lasted two days. Woo go me.

Is the perceived "ugliness" a factor in your "addiction",Robster ?
You like a nice cuddly kinda chap.

Is the perceived "ugliness" a factor in your "addiction",Robster ?
You like a nice cuddly kinda chap.

yes :straightface: & thank you :)
also, I typed a much longer initial response(including attaching other people's posts)
but my computer crashed when I hit "submit" and I am far too angry now to retype all that :cool:
however, in the future, I should be able to stop losing what I type by saving it first :o
since Andi just told me that is going to keep possibly happening as long as I have the same old semi-defective network card in this mother effin piece of shit I use for a computer :mad:

yes :straightface: & thank you :)
also, I typed a much longer initial response(including attaching other people's posts)
but my computer crashed when I hit "submit" and I am far too angry now to retype all that :cool:
however, in the future, I should be able to stop losing what I type by saving it first :o
since Andi just told me that is going to keep possibly happening as long as I have the same old semi-defective network card in this mother effin piece of shit I use for a computer :mad:

You should fix that laptop that has the files on me. You promised that two years ago. :thumb:

I don't think your ugly at all, I've been called ugly by people. Though the ones who said that to me I wouldn't want to be friends with anyway.

I think when you've been in a RTA or been born hideously disfigured then you should moan about being ugly..the rest is just attention seeking.

Make the best of who you are and if it's not good enough for the rest of the world then tough.

Ugly is such a strong word - it's kind of pernicious and really only applies to cruel and nasty people like Thatcher or Hitler.
I myself look rather unfortunate at times (more increasingly as time plods on). i think most folk have their less attractive days, just some of us have them more often than others!
I just think people should look clean, mainly. If that's a narrow definition, then so be it. For me it's all about hygiene and style. I've seen some people who were born with the most unfortunate faces turn themselves into extremely attractive and sexy specimens just by being clean and having great taste.
Couldn't agree more with you Scarlet!:thumb:

Make the best of who you are and if it's not good enough for the rest of the world then tough.
Hellie - absolutely! To hell with the rest of the world!!!

...and Robby, you are far too sweet to be ugly. A gregarious and charismatic person is rarely even unattractive:p

Tags
boring < ugly fuct either way
Back
Top Bottom