Best 'classic' album of the 00's

What are your favourite 'classic' albums of the decade?

• Total voters
The National's Boxer is definitely on my list.

Funeral, cos I don't understand how anybody can't love Arcade Fire.

helllz yes

i can tell you how i dont love em. sure im getting old but no one buys the pullng my hair out in angst anymore. which is dogshit, because it best expresses my feelings towards the arcade fire.

i've heard a lot of people bang on about Fleet Foxes, i didn't get what the big deal was, though, not shocked they have no votes

1 vote for White Stripes, 1 vote for Sufjan Stevens, other vote (in addition to and before these):

hot_fuss_killers_2312.jpg

Voted for Wilco, Sufjan Stevens and The Strokes but I think Boxer by the National and Up the Bracket are superior to many of the choices.

I agree with some other posters about The National, a really great and underrated band. Love all of their albums!
I saw Fleet Foxes last winter, they were good but that's it
- don't get the excitment about them.

I agree with some other posters about The National, a really great and underrated band. Love all of their albums!
I saw Fleet Foxes last winter, they were good but that's it
- don't get the excitment about them.

Yes, I agree that The National probably should have been on there. Great band, looking forward to their new album next month.

No Patrick Wolf? Wind in the Wires was a very great album, along with Lycanthropy. But, I voted for Franz.

No Killers? No Yeah Yeah Yeahs?

Franz Ferdinand's self title is definitely a worthy competitor for best album of 00's. However, many of the albums on here are not even close. :straightface:

Kid A, easily.

Not only are the songs good, but the mastering is superb. Can you imagine how it would have sounded if it was released yesterday?

But none of the albums in the list are as good as:

Ys - Joanna Newsom
Non-Specific Ghost Stories - Rome Burns
Vodka Milk - Psychophile
Wars and Masquerades - Cauda Pavonis
Reach For The Ground - Ghost Of Lemora
Eradicate Apathy - Vertigo Angels
Uh Huh Her - PJ Harvey
We Love Life - Pulp

Franz Ferdinand is in my top five favorite bands of all time, and they are my favorite band of the 00s. The arctic monkeys rock too.:guitar:

I can't, for my life, understand how one could ignore the genius demonstrated by the likes of Conor Oberst, Tim Kasher and other brilliant acts found on Saddle Creek Records.

Back
Top Bottom