Best 'classic' album of the 00's

What are your favourite 'classic' albums of the decade?

• Total voters

Thewlis

Very Senior Member
Now that most music magazines/forums have published their best of the decade-lists it is interesting to see how most of them go for the same records, just as I was thinking music became more eclectic and musical taste more diverse/less unified in this decade.

Anyway, I've made a list of the 14 most acclaimed albums of the decade, according to the Uncut, Q, Guardian, NME and Pitchfork-lists.

It will be interesting to see what the Moz-fanbase actually thinks of these albums, and who will be favourite.

Ít's a multiple vote-poll, so you can select more than one option, but please try to limit your choices to 3!

29fqp1z.jpg

from the list, Turn On The Bright Light, immense album, in my all time top 5

:thumb: I love Interpol.

That one, or Back to Black, Franz Ferdinand, Is This It? or Elephant. The others I either don't like or haven't heard.

The list could be longer though. I'm really not a fan of hyped bands/artists usually, I guess that's why I haven't even heard many if the listed albums.

from that list, id have to say franz ferdinand. it's one that i can see dug up and enjoyed by future generations regardless of what fad is overtaking them. because it is the shit. i like the arctic monkeys album as well but that will only be for the hipsters...and 'is this it' of course. the killers got left off this list but i feel that history will be kind to them as well. the only other album i can think of in this vein is thunder lightning strike, the go! team will also thrill future pop culture freaks. that's my opinion, which isnt even worth two cents, but has just added to my debt...

Last edited:
The list could be longer though.

No, it couldn't, there's only 15 options allowed in a poll...

I'm really not a fan of hyped bands/artists usually, I guess that's why I haven't even heard many if the listed albums.

They can't help being hyped, can they? You either like the music or you don't, the hype should have no effect upon that whatsoever.

And incidentally, The Smiths are one of the most hyped bands in modern history.:)

I picked "Funeral" from the list of titles given, but I'd pick M.I.A.'s "Kala" ahead of the field. I think that one's also among the ones mentioned as a "classic" of the decade by a lot of critics.

And yes, The Smiths were hyped, but some hype is deserving. If it's any consolation, Morrissey's excellent solo work in this decade has been underhyped, so maybe it all balances out. :)

No, it couldn't, there's only 15 options allowed in a poll...

They can't help being hyped, can they? You either like the music or you don't, the hype should have no effect upon that whatsoever.

And incidentally, The Smiths are one of the most hyped bands in modern history.:)

Have a clown for breakfast every now and then.

I am terribly happy to see that those awful monkeys aren't in the lead. I really thought they were gonna...

I gave my vote to Interpol, with the Fleet Foxes as runner up.

My God, I think that list just about sums up how utterly dreadful this decade has been for music. Absolute dross. This has been the worst decade for music by far.

If I had to choose I'd go for Kid A (Radiohead are still fantastic) but I much prefer In Rainbows.

From that list, of which arguably none deserve the accolade of best 'classic' album of the 00's, I'd have to say it simply must be Illinois by Sufjan Stevens. Absolutely brilliant album. I'm surprised no one had actually voted for it before me.

The National needs more "end of the decade" noteriety I think. Alligator would be in my top ten for the 00's easily. I voted for LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, and Interpol

Back
Top Bottom