Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't about affirmative action or diversity clauses or any of that other shit. I Am Not a Dog on a Chain conlcuded Morrissey's relationship with BMG (something that was reported a year ago) and given its dismal sales, they chose not to renew the contract. It has absolutely nothing to do with your anti-white paranoia or whatever.
I choose to disagree. You don't know any more about it than anyone else. I'm not paranoid. But maybe you are if you react like that to someone with a different opinion.

I choose to disagree. You don't know any more about it than anyone else. I'm not paranoid. But maybe you are if you react like that to someone with a different opinion.
It’s not a difference of opinion. It’s actually knowing how the industry works.

Moz being dropped by BMG has nothing to do with 'diversity'. If it they had dropped every white male has-been on their roster, then that might make sense. But they've only dropped one.

He gets people into NDAs and confidentiality agreements just to work with him,

Serious question here, is this a fact? Does he actually get the people around him to sign such documents? Do we know that for sure? Might explain why no one has ever spilt the beans big time.

Moz being dropped by BMG has nothing to do with 'diversity'. If it they had dropped every white male has-been on their roster, then that might make sense. But they've only dropped one.
Poor sales + dodgy public image = don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Serious question here, is this a fact? Does he actually get the people around him to sign such documents? Do we know that for sure? Might explain why no one has ever spilt the beans big time.
Boz definitely had an NDA in the early 90s. I don't really see it as such a big deal, though. He's an employee.

For legal reasons I can't answer that.

Always the victim, isn’t he? Poor Morrissey. Never taking responsibility for anything. Is there a major left he hasn’t been on?

An NDA can't make you keep silent about personal experiences/opinions unless you've settled a complaint, but even then, you could defy it.

There's no reason to be nice about him when the whole of Twitter is condemning him unless you want to see him again.

And why do you want to?

The message states (#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), It didn't chart in either the French or the USA's official charts?
Not in the USA charts.

I doubt it's anything to do with diversity, in current music scenes he's quite rare. I think commercial reasons were beind the decision and anyhow they missed a trick by not squeezing out a panpipes greatest hits.

Probably.

I received my copy of that new "Save Us Morrissey" book today and it starts off with a quote falsely attributed to Morrissey and I just can't.
It doesn't even sound like anything Morrissey would ever say. "indie-pop gems" 😂

View attachment 65614

But I digress...
Did they change that front cover btw?
Edit: looks like they took our advice & ditched the List of the lost lookalike. It looks much better.
Out on Amazon uk.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be nice to go back to the days when he was literally playing at a dust bowl to 500 people in a field in New Mexico that served Hot Dogs, but no beer. Some of you may get the reference.

Your average record company wouldn't have let him say he felt closer to transsexuality because it would impact sales - so he shouldn't be blamed too much for kicking against the system.

Commerce can be cruel.

But, it would be nice if he could find ways to be calmer.
Be calmer? What does that mean? Simply being dignified and humane? Good luck.

I doubt it's anything to do with diversity, in current music scenes he's quite rare. I think commercial reasons were beind the decision and anyhow they missed a trick by not squeezing out a panpipes greatest hits.

Going by his quotes - they asked him to do something specific & he either didn't want to or didn't understand it.

Personally, I would have cried if someone landed his publicity in my lap without explaining how it happened & wtf it is.

Contrary to the delusional opinions of many on this forum, Morrissey is not a significant figure in music anymore. He hasn't written a good song or had anything remotely resembling a hit in decades. He is only of use to a record label as a legacy act. And when they're running the numbers at the end of an album cycle and the abysmal sales performance is undeniable, then his value plummets even further.

It's only about money.
One of the most honest posts on here in a long time. Besides my posts, of course.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom