"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
28 hours from the first listening and.... this is very good song . I like it more and more .
Morrissey is amazing :kissingsmiling:

A second extra track on a fourth 12" from a weak album. A funny experiment. Just jamming to no tune exactly. Nothing more. An old disco diva was willing & able too.

Thelma’s wasted on it. There’s a few lovely harmonies, but drafting her in to sing over what Moz has already recorded feels like an afterthought and a missed opportunity.

Quite liked the start, but the instrumental solos did nothing for me. It’s crying out for an edit.

listened to bobby again through my Huawei p30 with dolby atmos.sounds fantastic.

I've had this pumping through my Sonos this morning (many times) ...it really does sound a monster of a tune....meaty, beefy, solid.
Well done Moz, & welcome back.
2020 is yours for the taking.
Ah the pleasure you bring for us!
Ah whenever you sing for us!

If 'Life is a Pigsty' and 'Jacky's Only Happy etc' had a love-child it would sound like this. It would make a good end-of-gig encore extended jam song but beyond that I don't see it as much more than a middling album track, certainly not single material (without a good deal of editing,) and I hope fervently that it's not the best song on the new album.

I see it all the time especially in film,even the fantastic 1917 had people criticizing it and if anyone has seen 1917 I struggle to see how you can give it any kind of criticism.

What a daft thing to say. Of course all art can and should be criticized and analyzed, that's often crucial in enjoying it. That applies to 1917 as well as Morrissey's album, the both of which I'm looking forward to.

What a daft thing to say. Of course all art can and should be criticized and analyzed, that's often crucial in enjoying it. That applies to 1917 as well as Morrissey's album, the both of which I'm looking forward to.
True that. The ones who blindly and deafly hate whatever Moz says or sings these days are the daft ones though. Nothing wrong with criticizing and analyzing though.

If 'Life is a Pigsty' and 'Jacky's Only Happy etc' had a love-child it would sound like this. It would make a good end-of-gig encore extended jam song but beyond that I don't see it as much more than a middling album track, certainly not single material (without a good deal of editing,) and I hope fervently that it's not the best song on the new album.

Well, I love the 2 tracks which you mention, so I'm taking what you said as a positive, & your point about this being 'a good end-of-gig encore extended jam song' is a very good one; I could definitely see that working well, even to the point of it being extended beyond its current length.
I'm hoping this track is a marker for a superb album, & based on BDYTTK, I'm very optimistic. Moz is taking us in a different direction; there'll be purists & traditionalists who don't like it (that's fine, it's all subjective), but the great thing is, at age 60, Moz continues to evolve & isn't afraid to loosen ties with the past, musically. I'm just pleased, based on this one track, that it isn't a politically focused piece, which would have played into the hands of detractors. I hope he steers well clear of politics on the new album, which I'm looking fwd to hearing.

True that. The ones who blindly and deafly hate whatever Moz says or sings these days are the daft ones though. Nothing wrong with criticizing and analyzing though.
They 100% despise him because they are fully aware that Morrissey is THE OFFICIAL HEAD BOY OF KNOWNOTHINGNESS. Joining empty dot to failed dot year in year out, like the simpleton he is, to arrive continually at nothing. An opportunist clown. Desperate for artistic fame. History will hang him high. Till then the circus freak sings again. Those who know denounce him 100%.

Well, I love the 2 tracks which you mention, so I'm taking what you said as a positive, & your point about this being 'a good end-of-gig encore extended jam song' is a very good one; I could definitely see that working well, even to the point of it being extended beyond its current length.
I'm hoping this track is a marker for a superb album, & based on BDYTTK, I'm very optimistic. Moz is taking us in a different direction; there'll be purists & traditionalists who don't like it (that's fine, it's all subjective), but the great thing is, at age 60, Moz continues to evolve & isn't afraid to loosen ties with the past, musically. I'm just pleased, based on this one track, that it isn't a politically focused piece, which would have played into the hands of detractors. I hope he steers well clear of politics on the new album, which I'm looking fwd to hearing.
Indeed the politics-phase is well and truly over one can only hope. Enough is too much.
Judging from this song and the song titles of the new album it looks like that phase is in the past.

Coming from an emptyhead like you that’s a compliment. Now please try to stay on-topic and try, for a day, not to insult or offend people. I know you have it in you.

Only one deafly listening to this shit is you. I can give an honest, impartial opinion. That’s something you can never do. You think CS is on par with Viva Hate & Vauxhall, it’s straight 10’s across for the board for you, never a blip, never a sub par track, not one, not in 30years! That’s delusion at it finest.

Only one deafly listening to this shit is you. I can give an honest, impartial opinion. That’s something you can never do. You think CS is on par with Viva Hate & Vauxhall, it’s straight 10’s across for the board for you, never a blip, never a sub par track, not one, not in 30years! That’s delusion at it finest.
And where did you read that? You make things up as you go along. I have been more critical than most in the 20 years that I’ve been here. I just like different songs than you do. You like NOTHING Moz has released since he said some things you don’t agree with. I look at musical merit only. Some songs and albums I love, some I don’t like too much. Go back in my post history and you will find all the proof for that ;)

@ordinaryboy86: You're waisting your time. The member (and some other ghouls) thinks to rate critical spirits "troll" and " redundant" is ok but has no sense of understanding what Morrissey was once about. Poor soul, long may IT roam.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom