"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
FMJ..I've told you before, you need to be patient...FFS... you're always in a hurry!!
I just thought it would be nice to see what others would do for art cover, but I can wait for what ever Morrissey chooses , heck ill end up having to buy it anyways for the collection in all its formats, what ever they may be. there are fans out there with brilliant ideals , I seen some past work

It sounds catchy... & is it another heroin song?

When I was worried about Moz's health problems, opiate addiction was one of the things that fitted all his symptoms. But he's probably a bit old to have started all that malarkey.

That sleeve is a joke. If you’re a longtime fan or bought Moz merch over the years, helped line his pockets, then you should be massively offended by how little he gives a f*** about the product he’s selling to us. There’s ZERO thought, love, effort, or attention to detail gone into it. I could knock that up myself in 60 seconds. Was it done on a “make your own sleeve” App, where you had to pay to unlock more elaborate fonts? Why is it so basic?? Entry level Microsoft paint garbage! :rolleyes:

Nobody, apart from Ketamine, can defend this cover. Even if it is just a placeholder. Which I doubt.

I like this song a lot! Really unexpected. Maybe a minute and a half too long if I'm being super critical, it could've been condensed a but more, but otherwise I'm really enjoying it.

On first listen it's surprisingly decent and much better than I was expecting. It's missing a soul like a lot of Morrissey's recent music but at least superficially it's stylish and catches the ear. It's one of the only Morrissey songs of the past five years that I actually want to play more than once although I'm not sure how long it will keep my attention. For now at least it doesn't bore me and I'd have no problem blasting it out on the car stereo. Musically, parts of it sound like the Depeche Mode song 'Precious'. Sonically I'd put it in the same category as 'Never Again Will I Be A Twin' which was one of the more interesting Morrissey songs of recent years. If the rest of the album has as much energy as this song it bodes well for its replay value but a lot of us will have to get our head around the fact that it's unlikely to have even a quarter of the lyrical and emotional depth of the music from 25-37 years ago. None of us will be requesting for any of these songs to be played at our funeral; it's Sunset Strip music which doesn't require much analysis. It's for the body rather than the mind and as long as it stays away from bland and crass political statements which sully everything I'm willing to accept it on its own merits.

What's? Anyone?

Scag a shack? little jo in the snow? toot-and-horse?

On first listen it's surprisingly decent and much better than I was expecting. It's missing a soul like a lot of Morrissey's recent music but at least superficially it's stylish and catches the ear. It's one of the only Morrissey songs of the past five years that I actually want to play more than once although I'm not sure how long it will keep my attention. For now at least it doesn't bore me and I'd have no problem blasting it out on the car stereo. Musically, parts of it sound like the Depeche Mode song 'Precious'. Sonically I'd put it in the same category as 'Never Again Will I Be A Twin' which was one of the more interesting Morrissey songs of recent years. If the rest of the album has as much energy as this song it bodes well for its replay value but a lot of us will have to get our head around the fact that it's unlikely to have even a quarter of the lyrical and emotional depth of the music from 25-37 years ago. None of us will be requesting for any of these songs to be played at our funeral; it's Sunset Strip music which doesn't require much analysis. It's for the body rather than the mind and as long as it stays away from bland and crass political statements which sully everything I'm willing to accept it on its own merits.

a lot of us will have to get our head around the fact that it's unlikely to have even a quarter of the lyrical and emotional depth of the music from 25-37 years ago.’

to some, music was better back then.

Can’t expect every artist to repeat themselves. And I feel Morrissey has made a conscious move to change his writing style, to not write like he use to.

music which doesn't require much analysis. It's for the body rather than the mind’

I think he would now take that as a complement.

Please someone make a video for this, maybe it’ll dissuade Sam from doing so.

:lbf:

So lyrically it is about a closeted person, correct?
I thought so at first but there are so many drug references that it really seems more like someone failing to hide their drug addiction.

I wasn't able to make out the words and also didn't know things like Mexican Mud or White Mosquito were terms for heroin.

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

He looks like a very sinister ventriloquists dummy. 100% fake. Yuck.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom