"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
people just love to hate,theres only 11 songs rather than the usual twelve so there could be another 1 or 2 over the five minute mark.

Norman Bates in Psycho isn't more sinister than that image.100% vile. 09/01/2020.

I like the cover - but then I inherited my Grandpa's 60s records & lots of them have covers like that. Atomic Jones (Tom Jones in front of a mushroom cloud is a particular favourite). It's also why I love Low In High School, it's got the easy listening melodrama of that era.

Listened once and really enjoyed it. I personally had no issue at all with the length. Great jam. Not what I expected and nothing like anything else I've heard before from Morrissey.

For me, his lyrics are secondary to his sound if that makes sense. I love singing to his music and I'm gonna be blasting this album in the car shouting along* on the strength of this song.

*I advise avoiding junctions 7-10 on the M3

I quite like the cover especially the
Mega watt eyebrows. I can't stand the album title, it would have been stronger to express what you are as opposed to say what you are not.

The YouTube link works in New Zealand. It is a long song with quite a lot going on in it. Feels like it's trying to be many things. Still it's good on one listen.

Mega watt eyebrows. I can't stand the album title, it would have been stronger to express what you are as opposed to say what you are not.

It's clunky, but I suppose it depends what the song's about. It might not be A Song Of Personal Defiance.

In a gentle way, get a grip P&O you old scrote...move on...it's not the 80's/90's anymore.
The world, & Moz, have moved on since V&I, & VH...Moz, at 60, continues to develop musically & deliver greatness while scrotes like yourself are stuck in your wheelchair in a time capsule.

My first thoughts on the organ were Deep Purple, but yes, maybe The Doors.
The sax was very cool back in the day, & still is, & very nicely done too.
TH does a great job on vocals, as does the Mozmeister. :cool:

I think this is an album version, not a single, it's too long as others have commented...the intro seems to be a Joe Chiccarelli trade mark, like one of the tracks on LIHS, or was it WPINOYB?
For it to be a single, the intro would need to get cut, & some of the musical interludes reduced.

Your remarks are not exactly bursting with enthusiasm. But I'm glad you have time to criticize me. I'm sure that's important to you.

MORRISSEY is light years away from the form that once made him an adorable singer. Apparently he wants to land in the USA with this more modern sound and appeal to a younger audience. Add to that the folklore with old school saxophone and organ and it doesn't fit for me and there is no mystery or sparkle. Very American, very flat and not very filigran.

Unfortunately, Morissey's voice also sounds old and breathless, which underlines the production of Chicarelli very well.

I am surprised, that in this context I have to read Roger Manning Jr. as an "accomplice" again and again. While his work with Jellyfish in the early 90s was groundbreaking, retro and at the same time innovative, his instrumentation for Morrissey has mostly seemed like foreign bodies for a few years now.

But what am I explaining here. Morrisey's "new" fanbase celebrates the single as a catchy tune. To everyone the hardcore fans, he deserves.

El tema no aparace en you tube alguien lo tiene en pinterest pero se escuchan apenas unass estrofasss MOZZZZ LARGA EL TEMAAAAA TODO ESTO ES COSA DE MOZ DALE MOZUCHISSSSS!!!!!!! DEJATE OIR

Your remarks are not exactly bursting with enthusiasm. But I'm glad you have time to criticize me. I'm sure that's important to you.

MORRISSEY is light years away from the form that once made him an adorable singer. Apparently he wants to land in the USA with this more modern sound and appeal to a younger audience. Add to that the folklore with old school saxophone and organ and it doesn't fit for me and there is no mystery or sparkle. Very American, very flat and not very filigran.

Unfortunately, Morissey's voice also sounds old and breathless, which underlines the production of Chicarelli very well.

I am surprised, that in this context I have to read Roger Manning Jr. as an "accomplice" again and again. While his work with Jellyfish in the early 90s was groundbreaking, retro and at the same time innovative, his instrumentation for Morrissey has mostly seemed like foreign bodies for a few years now.

But what am I explaining here. Morrisey's "new" fanbase celebrates the single as a catchy tune. To everyone the hardcore fans, he deserves.
Is there any modern music you enjoy? Or just 80s and 90s stuff? Of course this doesn’t compare to the Morrissey of old and neither does it want to. It’s a fine 2020-song in its own right. I’m not likely to hear a better song released this year anytime soon.

Is there any modern music you enjoy? Or just 80s and 90s stuff? Of course this doesn’t compare to the Morrissey of old and neither does it want to. It’s a fine 2020-song in its own right. I’m not likely to hear a better song released this year anytime soon.

If you don't hear a better song than this in 2020 then music today really is bloody appalling.

Skinny stop acting so high and mighty.

It's clunky, but I suppose it depends what the song's about. It might not be A Song Of Personal Defiance.

Skinny log out as nerak log in as p and o all in the space of a few minutes.

you are not making sense Skinny.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom