"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, how can I take you seriously when you rate emotional criticism of the new single as "troll"? You don't seem to be able to bear that people who loved Morrissey for 30 years and more don't agree with his new direction. I now realize that there will be no change unless a miracle happens, but i'm allowed to do this and thank god I'm not the only one who thinks so. I wrote somewhere else that there are some songs since 2010 that are good and maybe out of all songs spanninmg the last 10 years an audible 10-track record might surely arise but again: Can that be the claim? How many people do you think there are who liked him, who don't write here and who have completely turned away from him because they can't do anything with him. Musically and as a lyricist. And what do you do? You basically act like Morrissey himself and try to call critics "trolls". That is so shabby and stupid that you and your kind don't really deserve to deal with them.
No, again the only posts I mark as troll are the abusive or offensive ones. I’m just as critical of Moz as the next person on here. I just find real merit in his last couple of albums and you don’t. You and your kind mark me as troll or sycophant for simply enjoying music. On a website dedicated to that music. That’s beyond silly really.

For them what rightly disavow the naff LP sleeve and corresponding lack of single artwork, I offer this substitute. It's not perfect, but see if you like it.
Faux 70s 45s.jpg

I’ve always loved that live imagine of Moz. It’s just so unimaginative to just crop it and put a random font on top. If he liked it so much why not use it on the inside.

I've been listening to this song off and on all day and I keep being surprised that Morrissey's and Thelma's different (to me, anyway) singing styles sound so great together. I really like this song and I love both of their voices - Morrissey's deep "I know..." and Thelma's " ...Bobby" at the end... delicious! The variety of different instruments played in the song are so unexpectedly interesting and sound amazing together, and I also learned a lot of new words for drugs (very educational). I love the album cover picture because Morrissey looks genuinely happy and it also shows off his very lovely dimples. The color combination is unusual, but I like it! I'm really looking forward to the rest of the album!

Why anyone would have to bring the ‘racist-thing’ into the assessment of a song is beyond me really. You either like it or you don’t.

I agree Adolf Hitler's Greatest Hits still has pride of my place on my turntable, although I think the material noticeably weakened after 1942.

You seem to have only picked up on one element of my "review" which says far more about you than me. Cheers ears x

FFS Ordinarydrunk, you & Frank the Wank need taking outta the kiddy playground & spanking hard. Grow up FFS. :rolleyes:

For someone who is an, alleged, old-school Moz fan you're behaving like a five yr old. Act yr age you tit.

If you're unable to behave yourself here, then just f*** off to the Cliff Richard or Max Bygraves forum with the rest of the old scrotes.

Cheers pal, thanks for that. No more selling or dealing records with you. (I know who you are by your IP Hash) :rolleyes:

No, again the only posts I mark as troll are the abusive or offensive ones. I’m just as critical of Moz as the next person on here. I just find real merit in his last couple of albums and you don’t. You and your kind mark me as troll or sycophant for simply enjoying music. On a website dedicated to that music. That’s beyond silly really.
I prefer "Dislike" not "Troll" if I discuss with people in a hard way.
It doesn't matter how the language turns out. Even if you paraphrase the current Morrissey with nice words you are often called a troll.

I think it's not bad. It's a little soupy - the arrangement is too cluttered and the keyboards are all wrong, which is a shame because with a sharper arrangment it could have had a really good groove. And it's way too long - there's not enough happening to warrant the length. But the vocals are good and it's way better than anything on LIHS. I would love to see him do a live - shorter - version of this with Thelma, ie an actual, proper duet, and see if they can get some chemistry going. That would be worth seeing.
Yes soupy but not as tasty as a scotch broth or lentil soup more a parsnip soup where after a few mouthfuls it's enough.

Ketamine Sun, don't know who you are, but you and I seem to be the only few Moz Music lovers here...your comments make the haters shrivel in their own bubbly poisonous venom.

seem to be the only few Moz Music lovers here...your comments make the haters shrivel in their own bubbly poisonous venom.”

:thumb:

Yes, so very true. And nicely put. Thank you.

These screwballs live in the past while Morrissey moves on forever forward.

It’s difficult to make any sense out of their loony ‘logic’. Why do they continue to visit a site dedicated to a artist that they dislike? Do they get off on being angry at him and the people who simply want to enjoy his art? It seems to be the case, these haters are mental cases.

Fortunately, there are only a few of them here, while in the real world there are many that continue to love the man and his art.

VIVA MOZ !!!

:cool:

These screwballs live in the past while Morrissey moves on forever forward.
It’s difficult to make any sense out of their loony ‘logic’. Why do they continue to visit a site dedicated to a artist that they dislike? Do they get off on being angry at him and the people who simply want to enjoy his art? It seems to be the case, these haters are mental cases. Fortunately, there are only a few of them here, while in the real world there are many that continue to love the man and his art.
An unbelievable distortion of reality. What's next? His fanbase grows and grows? His concert venues in England get bigger and bigger?
Shame is the name.

Cheers pal, thanks for that. No more selling or dealing records with you. (I know who you are by your IP Hash) :rolleyes:

WTF...really? I think you're joking Ordinarydrunk...I know you need the cash to supplement that dole of yours & your drinking...plus most of it's fake anyhow...take that AB letter for instance...guess you're still left holding that one?

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom