"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know" YT MP3, FLAC & Digital 320

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
FB_IMG_1578599756481.jpg

When this community works, it works well.
We went from a snippet to full track to full FLAC before it was released in the majority of the world.
Kudos to all helping to get the track out for everyone to hear.
Again, as this is being 'given away' on YT, I see no issue in sharing it here.
The following were pulled from the General Forum thread and were becoming buried in replies:

MP3 YT rip:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ol1img

Deezer FLAC:
https://mega.nz/#!YwFG0ABL!fOqXIr219B9EEtpVy7t9x3kPI_dYnHRJ91s0iT2TYwE

Official BMG 320 kbps version of the track:
https://we.tl/t-8tFnYUWTL7

Thanks to Anon & @adhouse for helping to make the download section worth a visit.
Regards,
FWD.

If the file sharing sites used are problematic for anyone - reply below and will sort other hosts.

Thanks again to everyone contributing & @DrStatham for the YT link.
The digital store version will appear here as soon as I see it to purchase.
Regards,
FWD.

Thanks! gotta hear that flac now.

I’m telling you folks, been listening to Bobby on repeat, and it just gets better and better!

Can’t wait for the album ! Gonna be killer!

VIVA MOZ !!!

:thumb:

Famous When Dead...you sir are a gentleman and scholar...

THANKS!!!!

View attachment 53995

When this place works, it works well.
We went from a snippet to full track to full FLAC before it was released in the majority of the world.
Kudos to all helping to get the track out for everyone to hear.
Again, as this is being 'given away' on YT, I see no issue in sharing it here.
The following were pulled from the General Forum thread and were becoming buried in replies:

MP3 YT rip:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ol1img

Deezer FLAC:
https://mega.nz/#!YwFG0ABL!fOqXIr219B9EEtpVy7t9x3kPI_dYnHRJ91s0iT2TYwE

Thanks to Anon & @adhouse for helping to make the download section worth a visit.
Regards,
FWD.

If the file sharing sites used are problematic for anyone - reply below and will sort other hosts.

Thanks again to everyone contributing & @DrStatham for the YT link.
The digital store version will appear here as soon as I see it to purchase.
Regards,
FWD.

can people not pay a quid like I did,hardly going to break the bank.and they wonder why his music doesn't chart anymore.

Nice vocals from Thelma. Still a token gesture on Morrissey’s part. Nothing’s changed. Only just saying.

can people not pay a quid like I did,hardly going to break the bank.and they wonder why his music doesn't chart anymore.
As they put the track on YouTube for free - they are shooting themselves in the foot.
How is it meant to chart with no physical release at the same time. That means all other 'regular' chart potential is removed and only a vinyl 7" placement will be achieved. Staggered releases work against his perceived chart fixation. He would need a severe increase in interest and fans to get top 40 on digital sales alone. This wasn't a single release as such. It was a throwaway gesture with 'real' product to follow. The term single has become completely ambiguous in today's world and he hasn't caught up with that yet.
That said, even combined sales of a 7" single and digital download properly scheduled and promoted by Moz et al may not be enough to get anywhere either.
As someone who buys multiple copies of products, I have no qualms in sharing tracks they themselves are happy to put out digitally that anyone can rip from YT.
Regards,
FWD.

As they put the track on YouTube for free - they are shooting themselves in the foot.
How is it meant to chart with no physical release at the same time. That means all other 'regular' chart potential is removed and only a vinyl 7" placement will be achieved. Staggered releases work against his perceived chart fixation. He would need a severe increase in interest and fans to get top 40 on digital sales alone. This wasn't a single release as such. It was a throwaway gesture with 'real' product to follow. The term single has become completely ambiguous in today's world and he hasn't caught up with that yet.
That said, even combined sales of a 7" single and digital download properly scheduled and promoted by Moz et al may not be enough to get anywhere either.
As someone who buys multiple copies of products, I have no qualms in sharing tracks they themselves are happy to put out digitally that anyone can rip from YT.
Regards,
FWD.

Putting it on YT is a good move. In fact, if it were me, i'd have ordered placement and free distribution of the track is a much more tactical way. What you want in this moment is to cast a wide net and get people talking about the work itself. The song is good. It's weird and sexy. Thelma and Steve, are, by all accounts, delightful characters for a colorful narrative- a narrative that either Steve's team controls or the press does. My last sentiment is germane.

The comments on youtube are quite favorable. Morrissey has a diverse audience most of whom are unaware of his ongoing kerfluffle with Guardian.

Regards,
FWD.
famous, nobody can ever question you for your contribution to this site,my point is that if its on here for free then people will simply bypass amazon and lets face it its only a pound to buy.

famous, nobody can ever question you for your contribution to this site,my point is that if its on here for free then people will simply bypass amazon and lets face it its only a pound to buy.
I don't really disagree with you.
I do suspect, however, that given the choice of paying if it wasn't posted here or ripping from YT that the latter is the usual way people would choose to consume music these days (as evidenced by the YT rip of this song being the first thing shared here at the time). So, BMG are encouraging it themselves really.
I'd really like to see a concerted effort to market things like STDIB was - where total sales actually counted towards something more tangible and everything was available to buy at once alongside radio support etc.
The album will sure as hell leak too and that will be posted here simply so people don't have to fight with torrents and malware sites etc.
I have no issue with your view and happily say I respect it.
Regards,
FWD.

well somebody once said........you can have diana ross or the smiths , the choice is yours.

never and i mean never did i ever consider the lyrics 'bobby lord have mercy' be said or sung on a mozzer record.

Regards,
FWD.
Putting it on youtube is not the same as giving it away. They get paid a minimal amount and they can track the views. If it was the same then you could just post a link to the youtube video.
I recorded it from youtube myself. It sounds fine and there is no need to buy it now. I'm not judging your actions but your logic doesn't work and you go on for too long with all these "reasons" none of which really address the fact that this is a link to an illegal download. Just say "f*** the police," and get on with your life.

Putting it on youtube is not the same as giving it away. They get paid a minimal amount and they can track the views. If it was the same then you could just post a link to the youtube video.
I recorded it from youtube myself. It sounds fine and there is no need to buy it now. I'm not judging your actions but your logic doesn't work and you go on for too long with all these "reasons" none of which really address the fact that this is a link to an illegal download. Just say "f*** the police," and get on with your life.
I won't go through your 'observations' and correct you as I doubt you are receptive to that type of retort.
If it wasn't on YouTube and everyone had to pay 99p to get it - they'd make more than the pittance 118k views on YouTube would generate (there are no ad rolls on the video either). Hence my continual comments about 'instant grats', staggered releases et al. But for BMG's own actions, people couldn't access the music using the most common (apparently) way for people to get music now - so, pedantry and semantics aside, they are giving the song away. Having a mechanism for people to get something for free that 'sounds fine' is exactly the same as coming here and accessing similar content whether paid for elsewhere or not. The point is both options are something for nothing.
My actions by definition say f*** the Police. The immoral/illegal debate about ripping from YouTube is still hotly debated. Practically everything here (including article usage/quoting) is potentially 'illegal' or a copyright issue at the very least - no f***s have been given for 20 years and it's not going to happen anytime soon either.
I have always subscribed to the notion of 'he who is without bootleg, dvd rip, mp3 from a friend, youtube rip, demo, outtake...etc et al, can cast the first criticism stone'.
You are judging my actions - I care not.
If my 'reasons' are too long for you - comment elsewhere.
I will get on with my life with zero consideration for any person telling me how I should or shouldn't justify something to satisfy their own expectations of how I should reply.
FWD.

I won't go through your 'observations' and correct you as I doubt you are receptive to that type of retort.
If it wasn't on YouTube and everyone had to pay 99p to get it - they'd make more than the pittance 118k views on YouTube would generate (there are no ad rolls on the video either). Hence my continual comments about 'instant grats', staggered releases et al. But for BMG's own actions, people couldn't access the music using the most common (apparently) way for people to get music now - so, pedantry and semantics aside, they are giving the song away. Having a mechanism for people to get something for free that 'sounds fine' is exactly the same as coming here and accessing similar content whether paid for elsewhere or not. The point is both options are something for nothing.
My actions by definition say f*** the Police. The immoral/illegal debate about ripping from YouTube is still hotly debated. Practically everything here (including article usage/quoting) is potentially 'illegal' or a copyright issue at the very least - no f***s have been given for 20 years and it's not going to happen anytime soon either.
I have always subscribed to the notion of 'he who is without bootleg, dvd rip, mp3 from a friend, youtube rip, demo, outtake...etc et al, can cast the first criticism stone'.
You are judging my actions - I care not.
If my 'reasons' are too long for you - comment elsewhere.
I will get on with my life with zero consideration for any person telling me how I should or shouldn't justify something to satisfy their own expectations of how I should reply.
FWD.
"I won't go through your observations" he wrote before going through them.
No, I specifically did not judge your actions but your reasoning. Sorry that your reading comprehension is as poor as your logic.
I said that I made my own recording to say I'm not judging you. It's funny that you need to explain that to me. It's as if you feel you have cracked out some complex code when I was trying to say it plainly.
"If it wasn't on youtube" I wouldn't have heard it. It wouldn't have cost me anything.
The pittance they might make on it from youtube views is not your concern and certainly not mine, but when people can download the track very easily on a site that is aimed at people who are likely to purchase the track that likely does cost someone a few dollars. It's none of your business how much they make and it has nothing to do with your decision to give the product away.
Again, and you might want to read this slowly, I do not care if you give away Morrissey's entire catalog. But don't make up some "reason" for it. Not everyone needs some really poorly thought out reason.
If you don't like this reply you can do one of two things. Ignore it or post another load of nonsense.

I will carry on posting and carry on providing whatever 'reasons' I want.
The only person here you will control is you.
FWD.

I will carry on posting and carry on providing whatever 'reasons' I want.
The only person here you will control is you.
FWD.

No one is trying to control you or stop you from being as nonsensical as you wish. At least you've learned to make it a lot more concise.

Back
Top Bottom