Book of Condolence Thread

Re: R.I.P. Maurice Sendak

Donna Summer has died, RIP.
Cheers Moz

Robin Gibb of the excellent 60s British pop band Bee Gees, known far better for their disco incarnation of the late 70s, died today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaneto Shindo (1912-2012)

After Manoel de Oliviera, Shindo was the second oldest film maker in the world who celebrated his 100th birthday on 22 April, sadly passed away on 29 May.

He contributed more than 250 scripts and made 45 films.

Shindo's most famous film is Onibaba (1964).

NFT will host retrospective of Shindo and Kozaburo Yoshimura in June and July.

RIP.

Richard Dawson, the longtime "Family Feud" game-show host and "Hogan's Heroes" actor, has died in Los Angeles. He was 79.
His son, Gary Dawson, announced his death via Facebook.
"It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that my father passed away [Saturday] evening from complications due to esophageal cancer. He was surrounded by his family. He was an amazing talent, a loving husband, a great dad and a doting grandfather. He will be missed but always remembered," Gary Dawson wrote.
Richard Dawson was born in England on Nov. 20, 1932. He was perhaps best known for hosting "Family Feud for nine years in the 1970s and 1980s and then again shortly in the 1990s.
According to the Associated Press, the audience gave him a standing ovation during his final show.
"Please sit down. I have to do at least 30 minutes of fun and laughter and you make me want to cry," Dawson said at the time. "I've had the most incredible luck in my career. I never dreamed I would have a job in which so many people could touch me and I could touch them."

Andy Griffith dies at age 86

andy-griffith-teeth.jpg

Isuzu Yamada (1917-2012)

Very sad to hear that great Japanese actor passed away.

Outside of Japan she's well known for Kurosawa's Thorne of Blood.

Truly remarkable actor whose career spanned over seven decades.

R.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom