Book of Condolence Thread

Russell Johnson 2.jpg

Russell Johnson (1924-2014). Cool actor who played the Professor on the 1960's television series ,"Gilligan's Island." Rest in Peace.

Maximilian Schell.jpg

Maximilian Schell in "Judgment at Nuremberg" (1961.)

Maximilian Schell (1930-2014). Won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in the 1961 film, "Judgment at Nuremberg." He also starred in such well regarded films as, "The Young Lions" (1958), "Topkapi" (1964), "The Man in the Glass Booth" (1975), and "Julia" (1977). He also starred in the 1998 comet-disaster opus, "Deep Impact". He was a concert pianist in his private life. Rest in Peace.

Wow. Horrible news.

I was just thinking about him a couple days ago, how he said in the documentary about Salinger that fame is the worst thing a person can experience, the constant interference and meddling, that he empathized with Salinger being a recluse. I hate to go here but it may be a loss for us but a huge win for him, to come back not famous.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I think he's been selfish and irresponsible.

Nobody stuck a smack needle into his arm apart from him.

You are so right. I've seen people myself who've done that in the past, and in the end it's personal choice whether to go on detox or not to.
Considering the finances he had, I'd say it was pure self indulgence and disregard for those left behind

Back
Top Bottom