Book of Condolence Thread

Philip Seymour Hoffman

philip-seymour-hoffman-picture-2.jpg

1. I am sad, I really enjoyed his work
2. Its a reminder not to get too cocky*, just read that he had been clean for over 20 years or more, then this happened :tears:
&
on a very unimportant note, I just saw him in "The Hunger Games 2" as Plutarch Heavensbee, in which his part was small, but done very well, of course
just wondering now what they are going to do about it for the next films :confused:
though it matters little, just to trying to take my mind of his untimely demise :straightface:

*=as some of us are want to to do after being clean for years

PSH's death this morning is a wake up call for Tributes to seize the day.

He was an intense and awesome actor, and I hope his life lived up to his roles.
A great loss.

Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman

philip-seymour-hoffman-picture-2.jpg

1. I am sad, I really enjoyed his work
2. Its a reminder not to get too cocky*, just read that he had been clean for over 20 years or more, then this happened :tears:
&
on a very unimportant note, I just saw him in "The Hunger Games 2" as Plutarch Heavensbee, in which his part was small, but done very well, of course
just wondering now what they are going to do about it for the next films :confused:
though it matters little, just to trying to take my mind of his untimely demise :straightface:

*=as some of us are want to to do after being clean for years

Very sad news. I really loved his work too.

I like actor Jim Carrey's thoughtful statement that he made yesterday in remembering his friend....

"Dear Philip, a beautiful beautiful soul. For the most sensitive among us the noise can be too much. Bless your heart. ;^{"

Last edited by a moderator:

NelsOleson.jpg

Richard Bull (1924-2014)

Underrated actor who played Nels Oleson for all nine seasons on "Little House on the Prairie" (1974-1983). He also played a doctor on 27 different episodes of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (1964-1968). He was wonderful on "Little House...," playing the owner of the town store in small Walnut Grove, Minnesota. Rest In Peace.

View attachment 31150

Richard Bull (1924-2014)

Underrated actor who played Nels Oleson for all nine seasons on "Little House on the Prairie" (1974-1983). He also played a doctor on 27 different episodes of "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" (1964-1968). He was wonderful on "Little House...," playing the owner of the town store in small Walnut Grove, Minnesota. Rest In Peace.

Little House on the Prairie is one of my favourite US TV shows.
I was sorry for Mr Nelson who had to put up with his self-righteous wife.
RIP.

Last edited:

RIP.

It's one of my favorite TV shows too. It's definitely one of my Top 10 of all-time, and possibly in the Top 5. I felt sorry for him too. His wife Harriet was a self-righteous busybody. The actress who played Harriet did a fantastic job though, as did the majority of the cast.

Richard Bull and his wife Collentine left their home in Chicago in September, 2012 to move to the Motion Picture & Television Fund Home in California. Another resident there is Scottie MacGregor, who portrayed Harriet Oleson. After Richard Bull's death, Collentine and Scottie MacGregor had dinner together and agreed, "they had both lost a wonderful husband." The source of this information is from actor Dean Butler, who played Almanzo Wilder on the show. (the source of this paragraph is The Associated Press.)

RIP.

It's one of my favorite TV shows too. It's definitely one of my Top 10 of all-time, and possibly in the Top 5. I felt sorry for him too. His wife Harriet was a self-righteous busybody. The actress who played Harriet did a fantastic job though, as did the majority of the cast.

Richard Bull and his wife Collentine left their home in Chicago in September, 2012 to move to the Motion Picture & Television Fund Home in California. Another resident there is Scottie MacGregor, who portrayed Harriet Oleson. After Richard Bull's death, Collentine and Scottie MacGregor had dinner together and agreed, "they had both lost a wonderful husband." The source of this information is from actor Dean Butler, who played Almanzo Wilder on the show. (the source of this paragraph is The Associated Press.)

I was a big Little House fan too. Thought you guys might appreciate something I saw the other day, Seth McFarlane acknowledged it with an intro to Family Guy a few seasons ago. He tends to do that to shows he likes so it's a weird honor. It starts at 2:11. If you want to watch them all it goes Monty Python/Incredible Hulk/Little House/Modern Family/King of the Hill.

1904210_872662162763238_2039008766_n.jpg

I was a big Little House fan too. Thought you guys might appreciate something I saw the other day, Seth McFarlane acknowledged it with an intro to Family Guy a few seasons ago. He tends to do that to shows he likes so it's a weird honor. It starts at 2:11. If you want to watch them all it goes Monty Python/Incredible Hulk/Little House/Modern Family/King of the Hill.

That's neat. It's funny watching Chris Griffin bounce down the hill.:)

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/sound-che....293199/devo-s-bob-casale-dead-at-61-1.467401

Devo's Bob Casale, dead at 61

Bob Casale of Devo. Born: July 14th, 1952 . Deceased: February 17th, 2014

As an original member of Devo, Bob Casale was there in the trenches with me from the beginning. He was my level-headed brother, a solid performer and talented audio engineer, always giving more than he got. He was excited about the possibility of Mark Mothersbaugh allowing Devo to play shows again. His sudden death from conditions that lead to heart failure came as a total shock to us all.

Gerald Casale, Devo founder.

View attachment 31150

Richard Bull (1924-2014)

They are just repeating the series here in the UK.
Totally agree he was underrated as the long-suffering husband and storekeeper.
In the same vain:
Ralph Waite died on 13th, February, 2014 aged 85.
Another long standing American actor in a long running show: The Waltons.
He was highly viewed by all his colleagues as John Walton Sr.
Similarly, Emmy nominee and subsequent Emmy winner.
Regards,
FWD

They are just repeating the series here in the UK.
Totally agree he was underrated as the long-suffering husband and storekeeper.
In the same vain:
Ralph Waite died on 13th, February, 2014 aged 85.
Another long standing American actor in a long running show: The Waltons.
He was highly viewed by all his colleagues as John Walton Sr.
Similarly, Emmy nominee and subsequent Emmy winner.
Regards,
FWD

I did see that Ralph Waite died too. I only saw four or five episodes of "The Waltons" in my life, but I remember liking him on the show. I'm glad they're repeating "Little House..." in the U.K. It's a timeless show. Timeless because it's set in Minnesota in the 1870's.

Alain Resnais (1922 - 2014)

I'm totally devastated to hear the sad news.

Resnais was one of the greatest French filmmakers, I was extremely lucky to attend his Q&A session in September 1994.

RIP.

Alain Resnais (1922 - 2014)

I'm totally devastated to hear the sad news.

Resnais was one of the greatest French filmmakers, I was extremely lucky to attend his Q&A session in September 1994.

RIP.

...I have a foggy memory of being shown "Night and Fog" at school (compulsory viewing for all). Alain sure knew how to depress a 14 year-old. And there was no pop-corn to make it better.
R.I.P.

Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)
Ken Utsui (1931 - 2014)

Really sad to hear their passing.

I believe British users unanimously agree with that Mr Benn is a peerless political figure and hopefully his legacy will be passed on future generations.

Utsui was a popular Japanese actor, bit like Ian Carmichael.

RIP.

Back
Top Bottom