Book of Condolence Thread

I was lucky enough to meet Tony Benn a couple of times. A very nice chap. Can't say I liked his politics, but he was a proper English gentleman.

Alain Resnais (1922 - 2014)

Resnais was one of the greatest French filmmakers, I was extremely lucky to attend his Q&A session in September 1994.

A truly innovative, genius filmmaker. At the moment I'm trying to find "The War Is Over" with English subtitles and failing.

Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

I believe British users unanimously agree with that Mr Benn is a peerless political figure and hopefully his legacy will be passed on future generations.

Great man. Great politics. I doubt we'll ever see his like again.

Last edited:
Yeah, a great loss.
What with also losing Bob Crowe a bad week.
For both of them cue lots of people saying 'I didn't agree with his politics but...'.
I agreed with the politics of both of them.

Yep. I absolutely agree. I really liked Bob Crow too. British politics needs these kind of characters right now, but sadly they are few and far between.

Last edited:
Clarissa Theresa Philomena Aileen Mary Josephine Agnes Elsie Trilby Louise Esmerelda Dickson Wright, 66.

No fat ladies.

RIP Hobie Alter, one of surfings greatest dies at 80

http://www.surfermag.com/blogs/culture/rip-hobie-alter/#.Uzh365hsxBo.facebook

Hobie-SEverson-4.jpg

(hubba!:horny:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be shocked if it was suicide with Peaches. I think it may have been medical or accidental. I'd like to think medical, but the odds are very slim. I feel sorry for her babies.

Surprised Morrissey and Bob Geldof even spoke to each other after Morrissey dissed Band Aid. Morrissey looks slightly squiffy here. A true Charles Hawtrey in the making :D

Dave Brockie lead singer of GWAR died March 28. Was there ever a more outragious art band than this group ? Costumes, political comments, blood, acting and just plan CRAZY ! Plus they could put together a tune . Anyone out there ever see this band ?

Back
Top Bottom