Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

The only thing keeping him in England was COVID-19. The rest of the time, and for the past twenty years, he's seemed very eager to stay away from the place, mother and all.

Plus The Drummer Factor?

He's had an estimate for the inheritance tax, and now he's grieving twice over.
Unless Moz had transferred the bulk of his own assets, royalty rights, etc. to her (which would have made no sense), I'd be curious as to your reason to believe she left a particlualry large estate. Moz's parents were not wealthy, and I'm sure her house was paid for by him (in fact he says as much in he autobiography about his mum's and his sister's houses).

Don’t you find it amazing that so many posters on here, actually work for the inland revenue??? And they all seem to know how much tax / or not , moz actually contributes..... Honestly nobody knows morrisseys tax situation so why comment or speculate on issues you know zilch about..... Anything to have a go... nosey Bastards.....

Rest assured I do know what the situation is so it is you speculating.

Never really kept a steady eye on it.
That was just the Wild T interpretation of it.

Insulting England &/or Britain is very British. Esp in the arts since 1956 when John Osborne got famous by writing a play in which his lead character does nothing but complain about the newspapers while his wife does the ironing.

Last edited by a moderator:
To use the word "bizarre" when describing another person's grief process is kind of bizarre. There is no standard way. Everybody's process is different. Especially in the modern age, people have all kinds of outlets for expression. If they believe it helps them, then let it help them. í don't believe M. is sitting there all day formulating MC posts and fulminating at the NYFF. There are family and friends around. This is one element of the process. When my Mum died í wanted the world to weep in that first fortnight of loss. But they didn't. í wanted to play Morrissey's "Moonriver" at the service to make the place awash with tears {wiser heads prevailed, and Audrey was played}. You rage against other people not feeling more, to avoid you having to feel anything real.

In terms of other pop star's parents, í remember in 2001 it was widely known that Bono's Dad was at death's door, but that was principally due to the fact that U2 were touring Europe at the time, and it affected the schedule. Bono would fly back and forth to the Dublin hospice inbetween concerts, they never cancelled. Saw them in Glasgow three days after he buried his Dad and Bono was on some other plane.

I expect most of us by Morrissey’s age have experienced grief and I agree people grieve in different ways. Most though do not express anger at it not being more publicly publicised.

It is him almost expressing anger that more people aren’t grieving his mother. That is him trying to impose what he thinks people should be doing.

It is what many people were calling on him to do when Bowie died and I defended him then for his silence.

When my parents died I didn’t want public broadcasts and attention. I wanted to be alone with my quiet thoughts and tears. Someone should just disable his internet access and he should focus on his mother rather than lashing out at his old media enemies.

Here you are posting about Central posts you didn't need to read. It's his life, you don't need to engage with it all. A few central posts is not bombarding.

There's been numerous celebrity tax haven scandals that he's never been caught up in - having a moan about the complexity is the least of it.

And you know he hasn’t been caught up in any haven scandals how?

Mentioning taxes? seriously?
Grieving, mourning, crying... all is natural, but taxes?

Echoing an earlier comment the various stages of grief are dark and difficult waters to tread. I sort of feel sorry for the flowers I sent; now helplessly suffocating amidst pressing sheets of cellophane. Before you misinterpret, I said I feel sorry for the flowers. Not sorry that I sent them.
Arrived as buds and blossoming before the gate, as each one must.
How very moving to have more and more flowers arrive and the one they're for cannot receive them.
I still imagine I'll go before my own Ma, she's always been more resilient than I.

Oh dear, presumably Morrissey will have spent more than 183 days in the UK and so will have to pay tax to HMRC. :cry: What a punch in the guts.

If only it was that simple. It isn’t.

Many factors come to play when the HMRC decide on non resident status. He spends a lot of time out of the uk and less than 183 is totally feasible when he spends his time between Ireland, Switzerland, uk and the US.

He was also living in the US as a permanent resident for many years so he would already be classed as non resident because of that.

Then property is an deciding HMRC factor and has anyone ever wondered why he doesn’t own a house in the uk? Other wealthy people have failed HMRC audits because they have had property in the uk even though claiming non residency.

Then other factors include business/employment links. Morrissey doesn’t have an employment link in the UK. His income into a business entity is not UK based hence not being registered as such in the UK.

All common tactics used by rich people and companies not wanting to pay tax.

The scandal part of that sentence may be your clue.
The whole thing (‘haven scandals’) is an oxymoron. Tax ‘havens’ were set up by the British state for the benefit of the wealthiest British subjects and citizens, as much as anyone else.

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

I would like to offer my love and prayers to Morrissey in this most difficult times. Alas we will all loose our Mothers. We learn so much from them. They give so much that we sometimes only appreciate when they've gone. It's obvious this special lady is the heart and soul of Morrissey. I appreciate the bond they had and in spirit will continue to have.

Again Morrissey speaks the truth about the idiot culture and false icons they follow, icons who do sell their parents to achieve the fake stardoms they desire.

Stay strong and God bless you Morrissey x

Dear Morrissey : All those flowers of love for your mother are also for you.
It is love that you have given and you give and you give ,and today it returns to give you strength.
You must defend yourself from your negative thoughts......
I know what it's like to lose mom....and yes...now you see it all black,but i promise you that little by little you will heal.
You have to hold on to the peace that your mommy left you.
Thank you for communicating with us ,your fans, and for naming my country Argentina ,here there are many of us who love you!!!!
I send you all the love possible and an endless hug, you are in my thoughts and i love you very much.
MY MOZ is in need of pampering and here in this site we continue to pamper and defend him always.!!!!!❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤😘😍😘😘😘😘😘😘

I expect most of us by Morrissey’s age have experienced grief and I agree people grieve in different ways. Most though do not express anger at it not being more publicly publicised.

It is him almost expressing anger that more people aren’t grieving his mother. That is him trying to impose what he thinks people should be doing.

It is what many people were calling on him to do when Bowie died and I defended him then for his silence.

When my parents died I didn’t want public broadcasts and attention. I wanted to be alone with my quiet thoughts and tears. Someone should just disable his internet access and he should focus on his mother rather than lashing out at his old media enemies.

Most of us haven't spent most of their lives famous, í think that's one slight difference.

í know people, other than myself, who expressed an irrational grievance at others lack of grief, especially in those first few weeks of the process, which he is still in.

In lieu of a 'normal' support network and vast circle of friends, Moz has always, it seems to me, used pop fame as a substitute of sorts, in common with many 'stars'.

You take those feelings of anger, add that to Morrissey's niche context, and you get what you get.

í am sorry for your losses, and í hope that the way you dealt with them gave you some succour, just as í hope that the way Morrissey is processing his raw grief gives him sustenance. But í wouldn't be judging anyone at this stage in the game.

Unless Moz had transferred the bulk of his own assets, royalty rights, etc. to her (which would have made no sense), I'd be curious as to your reason to believe she left a particlualry large estate. Moz's parents were not wealthy, and I'm sure her house was paid for by him (in fact he says as much in he autobiography about his mum's and his sister's houses).
His mother and that address is linked to historic companies run by Moz so who knows how his wealth was hidden from the tax men.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom