Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

Moz will out live us all!! Not dissing his well meaning and concerned fans but these Central posts are now bordering on histrionic.

He's always deliberately cultivated a camp style - mixing mundane complaints with lofty ideals - he's been doing it since he was a teenager.

And you're probably right - but he's also very like Kenneth Williams whose last diary entry was - what's the bloody point.

So, it's a little concerning.

if M was the cheery showbiz type then he wouldnt have the loyal following that he has. M fans loyal through and through, same as his haters on here, they will hate till he has the same fate as his mam.
The loyal following of whom 80% deserted him completely when he urged everyone to vote for a far-right party (which would lower his multi-millionaire pop star taxes), and explained how he preferred his own race.
Low in High School sales - 25,000
Dog on a Chain - 6,000

Maybe he’s not saying the media should be reporting about his mother’s passing but that the media would likely report it had he been a “antiseptic Hell-given pop star” because of Idiot Culture: it reports (focuses on) on things that don’t truly matter.

Maybe he’s not saying the media should be reporting about his mother’s passing but that the media would likely report it had he been a “antiseptic Hell-given pop star” because of Idiot Culture: it reports (focuses on) on things that don’t truly matter.
He's correct about that. If the mother of a member of <insert name of current boy-band here> died, the Sun et al would probably report it.

I saw a post on facebook that Billy Idol's mum passed away a few days after Morrissey's mum did. Both sad for close family amd friends.
Billy Idol hadn't been asking the world to pray for his mum (a waste of time in my opinion anyway) and I certainly haven't seen him bemoaning that the worlds press hasn't reported the passing either.

There are a lot of us who love Morrissey but we also know that the world doesn't revolve around his every daily life goings on, which he feels the need to post on his increasingly bizarre website

Maybe Central should be more like Solo & post thousands of words about what clothes he wants to buy, where he wants to travel & why every last thing Robert Smith has said & done is horrible & he's been deserted by 80% of his fanbase?

Really? Not trying to be funny, but does anyone in the general public know or care when the parents of any other pop/rock star dies?
They might care but wouldn't know. When I heard in a Robert Smith interview that Robert's parents and older brother died last year I was shocked. Nobody knew until he said it in an interview in September, as he explained that his new album would be very dark. So, generally speaking, the majority of people (news, magazines, etc.) wouldn't mention family deaths unless it came up in actual interview.
Meanwhile, X Factory contestants make a career from crying about the death of their 100 year old Granny.

Last edited:
Maybe Central should be more like Solo & post thousands of words about what clothes he wants to buy, where he wants to travel & why every last thing Robert Smith has said & done is horrible & he's been deserted by 80% of his fanbase?
I've been a Cure fan since around '86. I've seen them in concert many times. I'll be buying their new album. My friends are the same. I'll admit that their song quality dipped massively since Wish but they have no problem headlining massive concerts like Glasto and multiple huge summer festival concerts. Robert Smith talks common sense and he comes across as a really decent man in interviews. He is very smart, funny, faithful to his wife, and gives a lot to charity

I've been a Cure fan since around '86. I've seen them in concert many times. I'll be buying their new album. My friends are the same. I'll admit that their song quality dipped massively since Wish but they have no problem headlining massive concerts like Glasto and multiple huge summer festival concerts. Robert Smith talks common sense and he comes across as a really decent man in interviews. He is very smart, funny, faithful to his wife, and gives a lot to charity

It was a joke about the state of some posters on Solo - I only picked Robert as Moz's Moz because they supposedly had a feud.

Last edited by a moderator:
"overtaxed"

That might carry some relevance if he only paid tax instead of being classed as a tax exile in the UK to avoid paying any.

Remarkable he continually criticises England and yet refuses to pay anything towards its upkeep and hasn't for many years.

Regardless of whether he dislikes the culture or his media critics to even be raising that at this time seems beyond bitter. Everyone gets bad criticism at times. The key is how one deals with it. Being openly bitter about it before his mother has even been buried seems to just give melodramatic fuel to a situation he considers to be a fire. But then it is likely he wants it to be fuelled because what would he do without a public battle to gripe about?

Idiotic culture I agree includes tax avoiders and people who just take and give nothing.

Someone please stop these posts. Does he not have anything better to do like talk to friends and family instead of this melodrama played out for the world of which none of it makes sense.

We all lose family but at times like that to be bombarding people with strangely ill thought out posts on the internet would never be wise. When my parents died I was devastated and the thought of posting anything publicly never entered my head.

He's always deliberately cultivated a camp style - mixing mundane complaints with lofty ideals - he's been doing it since he was a teenager.

And you're probably right - but he's also very like Kenneth Williams whose last diary entry was - what's the bloody point.

So, it's a little concerning.

He isn't going to kill himself. He wouldn't be able to shop at Gucci anymore

He's correct about that. If the mother of a member of <insert name of current boy-band here> died, the Sun et al would probably report it.

Not necessarily. Ronan Keating's mum died of breast cancer in 98 and wasn't really anything published until afterwards when the family announced they were creating the Marie Keating Foundation to help other sufferers.

I mean is the problem he has that there isn't enough stuff in the papers, the papers he has expressed hatred for, or what? It is bizarre at a time of grieving to be more worried out publicity of the death.

"overtaxed"

That might carry some relevance if he only paid tax instead of being classed as a tax exile in the UK to avoid paying any.

Remarkable he continually criticises England and yet refuses to pay anything towards its upkeep and hasn't for many years.

Regardless of whether he dislikes the culture or his media critics to even be raising that at this time seems beyond bitter. Everyone gets bad criticism at times. The key is how one deals with it. Being openly bitter about it before his mother has even been buried seems to just give melodramatic fuel to a situation he considers to be a fire. But then it is likely he wants it to be fuelled because what would he do without a public battle to gripe about?

Idiotic culture I agree includes tax avoiders and people who just take and give nothing.

Someone please stop these posts. Does he not have anything better to do like talk to friends and family instead of this melodrama played out for the world of which none of it makes sense.

We all lose family but at times like that to be bombarding people with strangely ill thought out posts on the internet would never be wise. When my parents died I was devastated and the thought of posting anything publicly never entered my head.

Well said. This situation is bringing out the very worst in Steve. It's times like these when he desperately needs a friend who's willing to offer some critical advice - I'm guessing he simply hasn't got any that feel able to (hence the whole For Britain nonsense). He's making such an utter fool of himself.

I understand Morrissey's upset. Maybe more than "normal" grown men, and I'm certainly sorry for his mother's death. His mother surely wa an extraordinary person, but it borders on a loss of reality to lament that the whole world has to bear grief with him and that even the New York Film Festival is still too small.
I only wish, that he could find the "inspiration" from this tragedy to return to his real lyrical roots, which were closer to Oscar Wilde than to hot love in the backyard. Unfortunately, I don't believe that there will be a creative impulse to overcome grief, but the old maxim "The world doesn't understand me and everyone does me wrong" will be intensified even more. A truly toxic and dangerous situation.

"overtaxed"

Here you are posting about Central posts you didn't need to read. It's his life, you don't need to engage with it all. A few central posts is not bombarding.

There's been numerous celebrity tax haven scandals that he's never been caught up in - having a moan about the complexity is the least of it.

Well said. This situation is bringing out the very worst in Steve. It's times like these when he desperately needs a friend who's willing to offer some critical advice - I'm guessing he simply hasn't got any that feel able to (hence the whole For Britain nonsense). He's making such an utter fool of himself.
Constantly and for many years now.

Here you are posting about Central posts you didn't need to read. It's his life, you don't need to engage with it all. A few central posts is not bombarding.

There's been numerous celebrity tax haven scandals that he's never been caught up in - having a moan about the complexity is the least of it.
Don’t you find it amazing that so many posters on here, actually work for the inland revenue??? And they all seem to know how much tax / or not , moz actually contributes..... Honestly nobody knows morrisseys tax situation so why comment or speculate on issues you know zilch about..... Anything to have a go... nosey Bastards.....

Well, has Morrissey been ever there for anyone in his or her time of need? We don't know. And please learn how to write. You come across as just stupid.

🤒
dont be stupid, you dont know what Moz does on a daily basis yet are talking about it.:blushing:
try to make sense.:rolleyes:

Dear Morrissey, if you or any of your kith or kin see this; here is a song in memory of your mother. May she rest in peace.

Last edited:
To use the word "bizarre" when describing another person's grief process is kind of bizarre. There is no standard way. Everybody's process is different. Especially in the modern age, people have all kinds of outlets for expression. If they believe it helps them, then let it help them. í don't believe M. is sitting there all day formulating MC posts and fulminating at the NYFF. There are family and friends around. This is one element of the process. When my Mum died í wanted the world to weep in that first fortnight of loss. But they didn't. í wanted to play Morrissey's "Moonriver" at the service to make the place awash with tears {wiser heads prevailed, and Audrey was played}. You rage against other people not feeling more, to avoid you having to feel anything real.

In terms of other pop star's parents, í remember in 2001 it was widely known that Bono's Dad was at death's door, but that was principally due to the fact that U2 were touring Europe at the time, and it affected the schedule. Bono would fly back and forth to the Dublin hospice inbetween concerts, they never cancelled. Saw them in Glasgow three days after he buried his Dad and Bono was on some other plane.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom