Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

* confirming my general assumption regarding most facebook users.

Apparently some panic over 'made the journey up North' which is an Americanism for death? The eternal optimism of Americans.
And the inability to imagine that English might be a foreign language to them.

I’ve been American all my life and I have never heard this expression.(And I’m a Texan and we have some of the craziest ones.) The closest I can think of is “journey to the great beyond” and even that is really archaic.

Or perhaps, rather, he feels guilty about spending the last years of his mother's life pro-actively supporting hateful far-right 'protect the rich' politics, and declaring that he prefers his own race, and (wrongly) that everyone else prefers their own race too. And that it was actually his own actions that led to the worst publicity he's ever had, a radio-station boycott in his home country, indie record shops, websites and nightclubs refusing to have anything to do with him, and one of the biggest mass desertions of a fan base in musical history.

And let’s not forget Moz slightly defending Kevin Spacey’s disgusting behavior and backtracking when the media caught wind of it, the way he keeps digging his grave deeper & deeper, sad thing is if Moz can look himself in the mirror and change his ways it wouldn’t help much because his career can’t be saved at this point.

Last edited:
She made a change earlier on which said, just to be clear Boz is fine, as a number of responses assumed Boz had passed away
Christ. The evident challenge for Morrissey is not to recover a lost fan base, but rather to give more the slip.

Someone said it on facebook, so it must be true. Never heard of it myself.

Boz has now posted a recent pic of himself outside a pub, reassuring all Americans.

I saw and Google tells me that pub is in Ballycastle, Northern Ireland. 🤔 Probably a picture from his trip with Lyn last weekend rather than taken today.

It's not an American phrase. But as an American, we probably guessed it was a Britishism. You know, like Cockney rhyming slang or something.

According to some Americans on fb 'Boz has gone North' is a thing, and had almost sent them Northwards too.

But Lyn is quite obviously not American, so, as you say, it shouldn't have been beyond reason to assume that all English is not the same and not assume Boz is dead. Does anybody think on facebook anymore?

What does Morrissey know about England. Or life.
He lives his life in permanent lockdown formulating his opinions from the net.
He is the idiot. A massive dickhead.
That becomes evermore glaringly obvious.

Those close to him will be on the payroll.
Paid to put up and shut up.

You mean guys like Dolmen, his rock of empathy? ;)

I hope "terrible" doesn't refer to current viruses. Sure there aren't heaps of nice ways to die but dying in isolation does seem cruel, especially if you're not a lone wolf like me. A close relative's covid 19 death would also be terrible in the sense that you'd always wonder if you did the maximum to avoid it. It's a full time job protecting elderly parents from a deadly virus. You're constantly on the alert. You find yourself giving your mum's hairdresser a death stare. (He put on his mask immediately afterwards. When I was gone he said to my mum that he didn't want to get into trouble with me...Very wise, for a hairdresser...)
If I had an anti-vaxx, anti-mask nephew and he got too near his grandparents' house, I'd have to poison him... (Discreetly.)(I ain't going to jail for no Covid)

But it's probably not that because I can't imagine someone so protective of his mum being negligent. And it'd be frankly silly because with this much money, you can afford the best care and help in the world. Swiss hygiene freaks and so on.

So I guess it's not that...
Perhaps it's just terrible from his point of view and wasn't so dreadful for her. Let's hope so.

He isn't going to kill himself. He wouldn't be able to shop at Gucci anymore

Weeell he could always become... "the Gucci Ghost".

"-Mummyyy, the Gucci Ghost is under my bed!
- Don't be silly child, we can't afford him.
-Oh hang on mum no... you're right... it's only some Primark Poltergeist."

According to some Americans on fb 'Boz has gone North' is a thing, and had almost sent them Northwards too.

But Lyn is quite obviously not American, so, as you say, it shouldn't have been beyond reason to assume that all English is not the same and not assume Boz is dead. Does anybody think on facebook anymore?

It’s all the assuming again.
Getting excited about seeing Morrissey at a “service” in Dublin.
Service and funeral are two different things

All the hurrrah about Boz and Lyn in Ireland
So many people are misguided and f***wits

Awww Steve. I'm gonna collect him into my arms and comfort him! Even though I am way smaller than he is. I'll use that political ladder of mine!

I was just reading another uk article in defence of J K Rowling; written by a hack who was on holiday with her.

If only.... 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
Language is a funny thing. Occasionally I dost 'venture South'. And when I do go South, I've got to say, it's like a breath of fresh air.
1501833922-steve-coogan-as-alan-partridge.jpg

What does Morrissey know about England. Or life.
He lives his life in permanent lockdown formulating his opinions from the net.
He is the idiot. A massive dickhead.
That becomes evermore glaringly obvious.
And you are so disinterested you are here on a Morrissey site? LOlzzzzzz

Sounds like the only thing that was keepin' Moz in England was his Mom.
He ain't got time for it no more.
The only thing keeping him in England was COVID-19. The rest of the time, and for the past twenty years, he's seemed very eager to stay away from the place, mother and all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom