Boston, MA - Boston Opera House (June 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / Certain People I Know / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Life Is A Pigsty / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by FROSTY.

• Show Scenes: Morrissey at Boston Opera House by Ben Stas (25 photos total) - BDCwire. Link posted by intlplayboy / tumblr.

boston.jpg
  • Morrissey closes the deal by James Reed - The Boston Globe
  • Posted by Harsh Truth: "Backdrop during the walk-on and "The Queen Is Dead" in Boston."

IMG_0607.JPG

Source image posted by docinwestchester:

tqid.png

Last edited:
Glad my video got to be watched by people interested in hearing his newest songs. when he started playing I knew I had to record it and was thinking I hadn't seen it on youtube so it may have been his first time playing it live. it was a great show!
Kick the Bride Down the Aisle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DtmRyYipdc
Courtesy of Meredith Bolster on YouTube.

If anyone had doubts about the album, this should make you question them.

Glad my video got to be watched by people interested in hearing his newest songs. when he started playing I knew I had to record it and was thinking I hadn't seen it on youtube so it may have been his first time playing it live. it was a great show!

It was really well done. Thanks for recording and sharing.

You're that stretch of the beach
That the tide doesn't reach

I love this so much.

Thanks whoever posted that to YouTube

Agree OMG I would have died to see that live. I love how Moz and the lads bow at the beginning, and then Moz bows to the audience - love the "vive la France!"

and some minor lyric changes:

"step like a pig between arches"

"im NOT sorry it sounds like a wonderful thing"

"the Daily Snail"

"when I was 9 I never even knew what drugs were."

Hello
Why did he say "Vive la France" ? coz it was D-DAY and our stupid president Hollande invited the Queen ??
I imagine it's that ..

Anonymous French Girl :D

Hi David,
I was looking for you at the show at the Opera House but I could not find you. I did see some friends that I had not seen since the 1991 Tour which was nice. Morrissey really sounded great as did the band.
Hope everything has been well David. Hope to see you at a Morrissey show one of these years in Boston or New York.
Rob/Boston

Last edited:
Hi David,
I was looking for you at the show at the Opera House but I could not find you. I did see some friends that I had not seen since the 1991 Tour which was nice. Morrissey really sounded great as did the band.
Hope everything has been well David. Hope to see you at a Morrissey show one of these years in Boston or New York.
Rob/Boston

Haven't you heard? When Morrissey's people spot David, he gets thrown out.

Kick The Bride Down The Aisle sounds wonderful. And hilarious ("Mudslide of gloom" lol). I think of it of as kind of a sequel to William It Was Really Nothing.

But now, you know that the idiotic claims of misogyny are coming very soon...

I'm hearing "to work back into [something...doubling?] wage"

Which doesn't quite make sense, but maybe "living" wage is wrong....

I think it's "she just wants a slave to break his back to..."

Hello
Why did he say "Vive la France" ? coz it was D-DAY and our stupid president Hollande invited the Queen ??
I imagine it's that ..

Anonymous French Girl :D

are you sure you're french?! :)

maybe it has something to do with the album release date (14th of july)...

p.s. apologies

Fantastic show. I was right up front (Boz side) and got a nice handshake towards the end of You Have Killed Me. The Queen Is Dead was a huge surprise and I'm so happy to have finally seen him perform it live.

Thanks for finding that video of Kick the Bride Down the Aisle, MozRecording. Can anyone make out the lyrics? I have most of them figured out, but there's one part in the chorus that I'm having a hard time deciphering.

KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE

Kick the bride down the aisle
And make no mistake
It's the best you can do for everyone's sake

And treasure the day
I know so much more than I'm willing to say

She just wants a slave
??? to the living wage
So that she can laze and graze
For the rest of her days
Write down every word I say

In a mudslide of gloom
She'll order you to tidy your room

Look at that cow
In the field
It knows more than your bride knows now

She just wants a slave
???? to the living wage
So that she can laze and graze
For the rest of her days
Write down every word I say

You're that stretch of the beach
That the tide doesn't reach
No reason, no meaning
The lonely season

I think the bit with the question marks begins "To wake up and...", which would fit with the idea of someone having to go to work to support his wife. Something about "a suit"? I dunno.

Yes, Julia was there just right of stage center. No mic'd mention of her or passing the mic to anyone. Tried to say hi to her, but she (smartly? Unintentionally?) seems to ignore that.

are you sure you're french?! :)

maybe it has something to do with the album release date (14th of july)...

p.s. apologies

hahaha oops

Oui oui je suis française :)
ok you mean with "la prise de la bastille" hihihi
Let's hope he comes to France then hihi if he wants to i can learn him some more french :)

have a nice day :)

Boston fans may see this as a bit off-topic but I was one of the very lucky ones who had tickets to see him in Atlanta when he had his "virus". So nice to wake up to hear that the concert you were so excited to attend that day was cancelled. I thought he would maybe do our show because he hasn't cancelled any shows on this tour...until Atlanta. Isn't that just PEACHY? Glad he is now fully recovered and other fans got to enjoy a spectacular Morrissey show. Never had the opportunity to see him live. I give up. I would be skeptical of even buying tickets in another city because it is anyone's guess if he gets a virus or whatever again. It is like having a friend that ALWAYS cancels on you...the friendship may not last long. I have absolutely NO interest in listening to his music, especially the new material. You would likely feel the same way if your show was cancelled too.

Last edited:
Morrissey was fantastic last night. Roaring TQISD opener. Very chatty and happy. He said he was interested in Boston's history so he picked up a brochure. He told us it read that Boston is home to the world's smallest suspension bridge.. in which he grumbled and tore it to pieces. Backdrop changed to stained glass during Kick the Bride Down the Aisle. Musically, very interesting. Lyrically, guessing its his comedic song for the album. Bullfighter and Istanbul were highlights.The Boston crowd was much better than in 2012. The rest from the "virus" must have paid off. Moz loved Boston and his new KY free tour.

You are very lucky that the "virus" did not get in the way of the show in your city.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom